Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Dear Jim,

Please could you fix it for Public School Boy and Jack Straw to fly in a microlite over The Amex and for JS to parachute into the stadium to take a few snaps. I'm getting serious webcam withdrawl syndrome, and this would help alleviate the symptoms.

Yours faithfully,

Martinf

Yoda

English & European
Wonder if the cell hasn't been refuelled?

Introduction

Brighton and Hove Albion FC are building a new stadium at Falmer. The Community Stadium will provide a new home and facilities for 'The Seagulls'.

What we did

The club has a loyal and devoted fanbase, who have a very keen interest in the work-in-progress. So the ability to see high quality imagery on a live website, throughout the build, was a must, as well as the reliable, above-HD filming for archive, print and web publication. After the camera had been in place for nine months, action switched from outside to inside the stadium.

Lobster Pot - Fuel Cell powered

The new location inside the stadium, to watch among other things the iconic arch placement, was far from any power sources, and under a roof canopy. We designed and built a methanol fuel cell system to power the camera. This low-maintenance solution only needs refuelling every 100 days.

Results

The camera system is a firm favourite with the fans, and has been running on a fuel cell for four months. View the camera here.
Case Study: Brighton and Hove FC | Lobster Pictures

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
do i take it they have run out of seats

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Wish they'd hurry and fix this, I'm getting serious withdrawal symptoms from not seeing the grass grow!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Maybe its all on purpose as they finish things off.

Quite like it down really, stops me cheking every few hours to see a seat update. With any luck next time its on all seats will be in and the back of the south will be cladded.

Alternatively it gives a better buzz for when the official site releases their next inside shots.

Not bothered really

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I have it on good authority that the webcam can't be used all the while the electrical work for the new screens are being installed.

Can't see what all the panic is about - if we never had a webcam in the first place, we wouldn't have known what it'd looks like other than JS's & the club's photos.

Personally, now we're in the final stages, I'm not bothered as I want to be totally and completely overwhelmed when I first step into the stadium and see the stadiumm fully completed for the first time.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I think the webcam is coming back to life - seems to have updated some of Fridays shots? Back on soon?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Now up to about 6pm on Friday when was stuck at about 1pm - woo hoo! :)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I see tarmac! :guitar: :banana:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Not long to go to the big hand over now. They better get splashing on that blue paint on the tarmac.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Loving that tarmac - will look even better blue!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here