Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
That would be no different from building an extension to a house without getting planning permission but telling the council it was ok as the entension isn't being used.

It's not really is it?

For what it's worth, I agree with Rugrat on this...The seats could just be covered and not used...Anyway there is another way of looking at this.

I'm no expert on this, however I understood that permission was granted on the current 23,500 capacity rather than the location of the seats in the ground. So surely if the club installed the seats in the corners, then as long as the club only used the permitted capacity, it shouldn't make a difference?

This also means that if we had a crowd of say 10,000 at a match then (notwithstanding season tickets sold) it wouldn't matter where people sat in the stadium?

Can anyone clarify on this?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm no expert on this, however I understood that permission was granted on the current 23,500 capacity rather than the location of the seats in the ground.

No, planning permission was given on the plans that were submitted.
Those plans showed where the seats would be installed.

Bring a rug.

and an umbrella

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If we had filled the corners in we would have had NO income from the sponsors which are going to be placed there. It would have been financial stupid.

Fill in the corners when you know the income is worth it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Right, it would appear now then that apart from the gaps at the back of the North (and South ?) which are being left empty for now pending the installation of the giant screens, all the seats for the Ruffians and SCUM have now been fitted into place. The only ones still to be installed are the classy ones for the champagne-quaffing 1901 corporates and all the bigwigs in the WSL central section.

I wonder how much BETTER their seats will be than ours. Will they be the leather-clad Audi / Ricaro seats as seen in the dugouts at places like the Emirates / OT ? Will they have cup-holders ? Can they recline ? We already know about the TV's being fitted in the backs obviously, but will they have any control on what they can watch, or is it just the same feed that goes to the giant screeens ?

Can't wait to find out.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I wonder how much BETTER their seats will be than ours. Will they be the leather-clad Audi / Ricaro seats as seen in the dugouts at places like the Emirates / OT ? Will they have cup-holders ? Can they recline ? We already know about the TV's being fitted in the backs obviously, but will they have any control on what they can watch, or is it just the same feed that goes to the giant screeens ?

Can't wait to find out.

I believe Sky Living have won the rights to provide the in seat entertainment for those fortunate enough to have at seat TV. The rest of us will just have to watch the game!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I believe Sky Living have won the rights to provide the in seat entertainment for those fortunate enough to have at seat TV. The rest of us will just have to watch the game!

Blimey, thats a result.
They're going to start showing Come Dine With Me as well from the Autumn. That'd provide a welcome distraction to a dull bore draw against Barnsley in November.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The 1901ers won't have time to watch telly - when not sneering at the great unwashed ruffians in the economy seats they will be too busy quaffing champagne and being hand fed prawn canapes while being massaged by dusky maidens........I hope they might remember to cheer the action on the pitch?

Jealous - moi? Non!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
5623825_1.jpg

Just been on Ask the Club, here's one of the white ones (one more seagull to go in the West). Should look nice in blue as well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Right, it would appear now then that apart from the gaps at the back of the North (and South ?) which are being left empty for now pending the installation of the giant screens, all the seats for the Ruffians and SCUM have now been fitted into place. The only ones still to be installed are the classy ones for the champagne-quaffing 1901 corporates and all the bigwigs in the WSL central section.

What about the north end of WSU, or is that section for something else? I think there's also a gap at the back of the east stand (judging from jack straws pictures yesterday). The installation of seats has been quite random.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
What about the north end of WSU, or is that section for something else? I think there's also a gap at the back of the east stand (judging from jack straws pictures yesterday). The installation of seats has been quite random.

That's for the prawn-sarnie overflow brigade. They'll be getting those seats that Easy has identified.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away

I think the gap at the back of the East is because thats now another 1901 area so presumably they will have the posher seats too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here