Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Been wondering what that large round object is - sitting on the pitch in front of the North Stand....

I cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not but it looks like Tubing to me, probably drainage tubes!

No....being deadly serious!!!! But yes, think you're correct - drainage!!

It's actually the pitch irrigation pipes for sprinklers that water the pitch. They are fed from the irrigation tank at the back of the North Stand and through beneath the North terrace.

Anorak fact: the pitch irrigation is designed to cover the whole pitch area with an inch of water in 15 minutes - that's a lot of H2O in a short space of time

The red tank in the 1st pic is the pitch undersoil heating boiler, the larger silver one holds the irrigation supply

Attachments

• irrigation tank and boiler.jpg
    irrigation tank and boiler.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 610
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 627
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 617

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
An inch in 15 minutes?
:eek:

Hope it doesn't spring a leak then.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cheers NJ, I saw the irrigation tank and heating systems at the Emirates last year, complex but intriguing stuff!

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's actually the pitch irrigation pipes for sprinklers that water the pitch. They are fed from the irrigation tank at the back of the North Stand and through beneath the North terrace.

Just a thought, they DID lay the pipes under the terracing beforehand, didn't they?
Don't want the north stand having to be redone because of an oversight.
:wink:

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I see the seat railings on the East stand have crept into view. Nothing special really - the only thing I could think of to rescue this thread from the ignomony of being on page 5. Forlorn request for Sticky Status

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I see the seat railings on the East stand have crept into view. Nothing special really - the only thing I could think of to rescue this thread from the ignomony of being on page 5. Forlorn request for Sticky Status

Had it really got that low? I try to rescue it as often as possible.

They're really cracking on with the seat rails.........

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Webcam is now my HOMEPAGE so I can marvel at the pitch works all day everyday!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It won't be long before we lose our view of inside from the road - they have started to clad the south west corner

Yes, knowing that...I took a trip up to the site yesterday to take in the last view of the inside of the stadium from the road. It was an awesome sight.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Looks as though my morning updates are numbered then

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Looks as though my morning updates are numbered then

They could be.

Not sure how much longer it's going to take before South West coner is enclosed. I was surprised to see the cherry-picker and workers doing something high-up on the West Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here