Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Official Brighton & Hove Albion v AFC Bournemouth Thread***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What a ucking joke that was. Shit referee and linesman, all the big decisions WRONG. I hope they hang their heads in shame when they watch their 'performance'. Very very bad.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
What the f*** was the Lino thinking?

"Er, I'm no where near in line with this incident, and it is the 92nd minute, its right on the edge so difficult to tell, the refs already decided it was outside the area, and I can't really make out who has actually hand balled it, so er as I am a bald C-U-N-T I will give a penalty"

LIVID.

so true.

I mean honestly, what the f*** was going through that imbeciles head?! - he just stood there looking like he didn't really know what to do. If it's a penalty, it's a penalty, and he should have made that known immediately -even though it was the complete wrong f***ing decision- instead, he stands around like the brainless turd that he is, and then suddenly decides to f*** up our day.

I hope Gus, Tanno and Charlie get him before he leaves the ground.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
First game I've been able to see since 2004, so great to see the boys in action again. I would say on that performance that if that is the Albion playing badly, then we dont have much to worry about. Was good stuff - good passing, defence looked solid, good interplay and movement. Was great to see.

Awful decision cost us the game but no doubt if that is the standard of refereeing generally, we will get plenty of dodgy decisions going our way later in the season. Onwards and upwards...

UTCIAD

Oct 9, 2010
all bmuff fans celebrating like a victory...when their only way to get a shot on target is by having a fail of a ref

Of course we'll celebrate. I feel sorry for all of your fans and players, but we just gained a point from a game we should have got nothing out of imo. Probably the worse we have played this season and we only perked up when going 4-4-2, which is the formation we have played best with this season.

Just wanted to say that I do feel sympathy with you, but in some ways, maybe its things evening themselves out at your expense (sadly). We had some terrible referee choices last week that cost us what could have been a point, maybe more, so I now how you are feeling.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I don't think I've been so livid about a result EVER!

The first Albion game I get to watch in 27 years and I get to witness those f***ing incompetent cocksuckers called referees serve up a steaming pile of dog shit like that display like that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The lino was ahead of the 18 yard box , out of position. Both Elf and Fletcher had their hands up clearly outside of the box and in real time you couldn't really tell who handled it. On the replay in slow motion you could see it was Elf a foot outside of the area. Why did the lino move a couple of yards towards the 18 yard line instead of his original position when the whistle blew ? Why did he then wave his flag a good 10 seconds after the incident ?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The strange thing was the lino didn't flag, then 30 seconds later after a couple of half hearted appeals from Bournemouth players he decided to give a penalty. Bizarre!

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
LIVID!

The only consolation is that at least the TV coverage shows up the officials howling errors and everyone knows we were robbed. Even the commentators were in disbelief! If nothing else they'll lose credibility.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
The strange thing was the lino didn't flag, then 30 seconds later after a couple of half hearted appeals from Bournemouth players he decided to give a penalty. Bizarre!

that's what annoys me the most as well. he should make the decision immediately, or not at all. f***ing joke.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
On my way back now. I was a way away, but the elbow looked like a red card all the way. Was level with the 'penalty' whatever happened, was obviously outside the box. Looked like Bournmouth handball from where I was sat.

JGaleBHA

On the Gus bus
Apr 24, 2010
Horsham
The things I would do to that linesman.
Stupid f***ing officials ruining a game because he wants to be on tv.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Great quote from Gus about the lino: "He's going to go home and tell his family 'have a look on TV, I'm famous now'."

desfutures

Oct 9, 2010
unbelievable. As some have said the ref and the linesmn should be banned. The ref made the right decision to ask the lino, but should of ignored it as he was in much better position. The linesman must be after the attention, or was bunged!! What a couple of C***s. Hope we do not look back at end of season 2 points shy of promotion. A disgrace!!!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just got home and switched on the Sky+ box to review the damage and found that the recording had failed. It's probably trying to spare me the pain. Anyway, the question I'd like to ask you all is was our disallowed goal offside or not? It looked close from where I was sitting but we were spraying the ball around so nicely just then it all happened pretty fast.

I took my daughter to her first game today. Gutted by the result but it was great to see a good turnout, great weather and our bossing the game. Bournemouth never looked like scoring from open play and even though they were pressing us tight we still carved out a few charges. She's already keen for the next match. Magic!

Good job by Hartlepool. Superb that we have effectively dropped four points in a fortnight and remain top but just try not to think of how the table would have looked had we hung on.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There are lots of strange things about this incident. Firstly, was it definitely Elf who handled? I was more or less level and it looked to me and most of the people around me like a red arm.

The referee then clearly gave the free-kick.

The linesman bizarrely hadn't raised his flag by this point at all (the pictures prove this). If the linesman saw a penalty, why didn't he raise his flag?

He only started waving his flag after being approached by a Bournemouth player (why?). Everyone around me seemed pleased when the ref went to speak to him as we assumed he would tell the referee that the handball was by Fletcher and give the decision the other way.

Instead he gives... a penalty!

The referee was nearer the incident, the lino wasn't even in line, so why didn't the referee stick with his original decision?

Don't think I've seen such a glaring display of incompetence from officials in a while - but was it just incompetence?

One thing that always gets overlooked is that fans pay a lot of money to watch football. The least we can expect is a fair interpretation of the rules. Incidents like this make a mockery of the game.

There should be some rule for officials about "bringing the game into disrepute" because that is exactly what they have done today.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...soon as I saw the linesman put his flag accross his bonds, I knew he had given a penalty!

I also thing we really should have wrapped the game up long before Bournemouth had teh chance to draw it.

I thought the game changed when Fletcher came on. Oh for someone like him up front. Yes ok he is in his 30's but he caused all sorts of problems when he came on. Yes our forwards didn't look like they were ever going to score ( Yes I know bmth didnt have a shot all game) but we look very poor up front.

Jim_AFCB

Oct 9, 2010
Not had the chance to read the rest of this thread yet.

AS I thought we would be, we were not great playing 4-5-1 and only picked up our game once McQuoid and Fletcher came on and we went 4-4-2. Up to that point we deserved to be behind even if it took a great goal to do it.

Looks like you got raped by the officials just as we did last week. We had two very soft penalties given against us and two cast iron ones in our favour turmed down. This week things evened up a bit and we got a penalty we shouldn't have got. Hard on you guys but we'll take the draw.

Symes was perhaps lucky to stay on the pitch. The elbow was not a sending off for me as it wasn't violent conduct or serious foul play, he led with it a little though so a booking was fair. However, he should perhaps have been booked for the earlier Ankergren broken nose incident.

Pleased at the way we battled away, though if you guys had a bit more of a cutting edge today we'd have been beaten fair and square.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not had the chance to read the rest of this thread yet.

AS I thought we would be, we were not great playing 4-5-1 and only picked up our game once McQuoid and Fletcher came on and we went 4-4-2. Up to that point we deserved to be behind even if it took a great goal to do it.

Looks like you got raped by the officials just as we did last week. We had two very soft penalties given against us and two cast iron ones in our favour turmed down. This week things evened up a bit and we got a penalty we shouldn't have got. Hard on you guys but we'll take the draw.

Symes was perhaps lucky to stay on the pitch. The elbow was not a sending off for me as it wasn't violent conduct or serious foul play, he led with it a little though so a booking was fair. However, he should perhaps have been booked for the earlier Ankergren broken nose incident.

Pleased at the way we battled away, though if you guys had a bit more of a cutting edge today we'd have been beaten fair and square.

'Perhaps luck to stay on the pitch'. Wow. It was a blatant elbow to the face before he jumped, the only thing that saved him is Elphick stood up. Unfortunately as the ref showed a yellow the FA can't get involved and ban him for 3 games as he should be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here