Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ****Official 2022 AFCON thread****

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yup... not surprising, believe it to be true. When he showed the red card and was heading out to the VAR screen he didnt know where it was despite going there twice before and I thought "wtf is wrong with him". Heat stroke would explain it.

I can definitely understand why Tunisia wants that and they have a point. Wouldnt be fair to Mali if the whole game was replayed though. One half with Mali up 1-0 would be a decent solution I think.

Its a very tricky call for CAF. Whatever they choose will be protested. For example, what about the player who was red carded?...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
If you want a quick easy listen each day, a charity I'm involved with called Passion for Sport have a 15-minute daily podcast called Cameroon Roars (as well as a weekly half hour show called Planet Sport Football Africa) which you can hear at https://www.planetsport.tv/planet-sport-football-africa or on the PSFA app (available for iOS and Android). Match analysis, punditry, background on some of the players and chat on the talking points.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yup... not surprising, believe it to be true. When he showed the red card and was heading out to the VAR screen he didnt know where it was despite going there twice before and I thought "wtf is wrong with him". Heat stroke would explain it.

I can definitely understand why Tunisia wants that and they have a point. Wouldnt be fair to Mali if the whole game was replayed though. One half with Mali up 1-0 would be a decent solution I think.

I got heat stroke in Oman, it’s really really unpleasant.

I didn’t know my arse from my elbow.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
After all those 0:0 and 1:0 games (well done Cameroon) I sat down tonight for a real game. Liverpool v Arsenal. 0:0 with 2 shots on target.
Not looking good for the Amex Friday for goals.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Senegal ( seemly the favourites ) against Guinea…..absolute shite!

Even the picture keeps giving out and the commentary is about 10 seconds behind the game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I got heat stroke in Oman, it’s really really unpleasant.

Can't read that without thinking of The IT Crowd

April:
Oh, Douglas! I love you too!

Douglas:
Oh, poppet... to think when we met, you were so worried that you came from Iran.

April:
...what?

Douglas:
When we met, as if I'd be worried about something like that! I don't care where you're from; Iran, France, doesn't bother me. I'm very modern

April:
I'm not from Iran!

Douglas:
Well, you said something along those lines.

April:
No, not Iran, a man! I said I used to be a man!

Douglas:
You used to be a man...?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
2 minutes into the Ivory Coast match SEGW "anticipates" a tackle in the area and hits the deck. Immediately realises the tackle never came so gets up rapidly and sprints away from the scene of the crime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here