Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ****Official 2022 AFCON thread****

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't blame Tunisia for not coming out - for three minutes...wtf. There was at least 10 minutes left with all the delays due to VAR decision making, penalties, separate substitutions and cooling breaks. An omnishambles of gargantuan proportions :rolleyes:

Ian Wright...:FFSPuncheon

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've decided to put £2 on under 1.5 goals in each game from now on just to make some goals happen.

Woop woop. Those £2 are now £4.2!

Fair chance Ivoary Coast might score more than one against Equatorial Guinea in the next game though..

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I don't blame Tunisia for not coming out - for three minutes...wtf. There was at least 10 minutes left with all the delays due to VAR decision making, penalties, separate substitutions and cooling breaks. An omnishambles of gargantuan proportions :rolleyes:

He blew for time at 85 minutes but then restarted and played up to 89 minutes 30 seconds. The official decision was that 3 minutes added time should have been played. Yes, much tooo short but they could have played 33 minutes added time and there wouldn't have been another goal unless the ref gave a dodgy penalty.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They have periodic cooling breaks, and it seems that the ref forgot to stop his watch during the last one.

That’s not the reason, as the clock on the screen didn’t stop either, and was only at 85 minutes. He just messed up badly. Twice (for time-keeping - there were many other examples of messing up badly!).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it's save to say that the referee won't be given the final.

Why not? He can probably afford to buy it now! Any punter who had a tenner on a 'Match to be restarted and a red card after the final whistle' acca at what - 1000 to 1? - or more -will surely be very grateful!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Apart from one game the scores from this tournament so far looks like binary code.

1-0-0-0-1-1-0-0-0-1-0-1-0-1-1.

Not many goals, are there?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Going to keep doing my £2 Under 1.5 goals bet on the games today...

Yesterday I made a profit of ca £6 and considering how the tournament has looked so far it seems like this could end up profitable.

Cameroon vs Ethiopia will be a tough one s Cameroon are expected to beat Ethiopia with a couple of goals. U1.5 goals would give me 2.90x the money so will be a decent profit if it works out.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
That’s not the reason, as the clock on the screen didn’t stop either, and was only at 85 minutes. He just messed up badly. Twice (for time-keeping - there were many other examples of messing up badly!).

whilst on messing up badly did anyone notice the start of the Spanish Supercup in Riyadh last night? Barca v Real. When the teams walked out one of the large team badges covering half the playing surface that the kids drag on and pull up an down was the wrong way around...shabby...heads will roll (figuratively speaking I hope)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apart from one game the scores from this tournament so far looks like binary code.

1-0-0-0-1-1-0-0-0-1-0-1-0-1-1.

Not many goals, are there?

12 games in, and so far the opening match (Cameroon 2-1 Burkina Faso) is the ONLY match in which with more than ONE goal!

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Going to keep doing my £2 Under 1.5 goals bet on the games today...

Yesterday I made a profit of ca £6 and considering how the tournament has looked so far it seems like this could end up profitable.

Cameroon vs Ethiopia will be a tough one s Cameroon are expected to beat Ethiopia with a couple of goals. U1.5 goals would give me 2.90x the money so will be a decent profit if it works out.

Betting in GBP, eh...?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/59981733

The referee was apparently suffering from sunstroke / heat exhaustion, and was taken to hospital at the end of the game (which is why there was a new ref for the aborted restart).

Tunisia are demanding the match be replayed

The Tunisians were trailing 1-0 when Zambian referee Janny Sikazwe, said to have suffered sunstroke, blew early.

He had already whistled for full-time after 85 minutes, only to notice his error and continue the match.

"We will do whatever it takes to defend the rights of the national team," FTF official Hussein Jenaieh said later.

"We are not children."

FTF media officer Kais Reguez refused to go into details when asked about the nature of Tunisia's complaint, which he did confirm.

"As long as the file is in the hands of the Caf committees, we cannot speak out," Reguez told BBC Sport Africa.

Match referee Sikazwe reportedly had to go to hospital to recover after the match, which is why the fourth official was set to take charge of a failed attempt to restart the game over 20 minutes later.

While Mali turned up, Tunisia did not, since some of their players were taking ice baths.

"The referee had sunstroke, which affected his decisions in the game," Caf refereeing official Essam Abdul Fattah told Egyptian media. "After the game, he needed to go hospital because the weather was so hot."

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/59981733

The referee was apparently suffering from sunstroke / heat exhaustion, and was taken to hospital at the end of the game (which is why there was a new ref for the aborted restart).

Tunisia are demanding the match be replayed

Yup... not surprising, believe it to be true. When he showed the red card and was heading out to the VAR screen he didnt know where it was despite going there twice before and I thought "wtf is wrong with him". Heat stroke would explain it.

I can definitely understand why Tunisia wants that and they have a point. Wouldnt be fair to Mali if the whole game was replayed though. One half with Mali up 1-0 would be a decent solution I think.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Yup... not surprising, believe it to be true. When he showed the red card and was heading out to the VAR screen he didnt know where it was despite going there twice before and I thought "wtf is wrong with him". Heat stroke would explain it.

I can definitely understand why Tunisia wants that and they have a point. Wouldnt be fair to Mali if the whole game was replayed though. One half with Mali up 1-0 would be a decent solution I think.

3 to 5 minutes with Mali 1-0 up is the correct solution.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Disagree. The first 3 to 5 minutes of a game are completely different than the last 3 to 5 minutes. Would be completely pointless.

That is how long is left. It's the last 3 to 5 minutes that is left, not the first 3 to 5, so that's how they will play it. Mali will take it into the corner as much as possible, exactly what they would have done yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here