Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ****Official 2022 AFCON thread****

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was like reverse Fergie time when he blew full time at 85 mins !
Even then to blow just before 90 mins when there had been numerous subs , penalties , var and cooling breaks was bizarre ! Surely the 4th official should have had a handle on it after the 1st incident .:rolleyes:

And here is the ref, about to leave the stadium - with his Brand New Car!

gettyimages-499733377-1024x1024.jpg

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
They have periodic cooling breaks, and it seems that the ref forgot to stop his watch during the last one.

But the other three officials should also be timekeeping and telling him there is still time to play. Should have had a conversation when he blew up on 85 minutes and worked out among them how much time was actually left.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well, game is back on. Mali coach press conference was interrupted as they're about to play some more football.

[tweet]1481283729767215107[/tweet]

4th official apparently taking over from Sikazwe

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
But the other three officials should also be timekeeping and telling him there is still time to play. Should have had a conversation when he blew up on 85 minutes and worked out among them how much time was actually left.

Absolutely this ! I wonder if the ref was advised that he had blown 5 mins early and then just allowed that 5 not realising that there was also extra time to take into account ? Even the Mali team and coaches did not seem sure of what was happening and i never saw a board held up with xtra time on it unless the cameras missed it .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopefully everyone gives the tournament the respect it deserves

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Anyone got any idea why my Sky Sports guide is showing that Mauritania v The Gambia should be live now on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Football, but it isn’t actually on any of them?

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anyone got any idea why my Sky Sports guide is showing that Mauritania v The Gambia should be live now on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Football, but it isn’t actually on any of them?

Im sure SSN mentioned there was s delay in KO.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

The match was delayed because of the fiasco in the Mali match where the ref blew for full-time several minutes early and the tournament organisers were attempting to get the teams back out to play the remaining 3 minutes. Tunisia refused to come back out.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
The match was delayed because of the fiasco in the Mali match where the ref blew for full-time several minutes early and the tournament organisers were attempting to get the teams back out to play the remaining 3 minutes. Tunisia refused to come back out.

I don't blame Tunisia for not coming out - for three minutes...wtf. There was at least 10 minutes left with all the delays due to VAR decision making, penalties, separate substitutions and cooling breaks. An omnishambles of gargantuan proportions :rolleyes:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't blame Tunisia for not coming out - for three minutes...wtf. There was at least 10 minutes left with all the delays due to VAR decision making, penalties, separate substitutions and cooling breaks. An omnishambles of gargantuan proportions :rolleyes:

Yup... besides, they were already taking post-game icebaths according to their coach.

Will be interesting to see how the whole thing gets resolved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here