Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It might not be the agent.

FOMO is a great sales strategy.

Edouard has a year left on his contract and Celtic must be worried he will see out the final year and leave on a free.

By leaking false rumours of our interest they could motivate other interested teams to make a genuine offer.

Is this some sort of payback by Celtic for:

a) foisting Duffy on them last season
b) providing Rangers with Goldson and Balogun?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Correct. That’s my angle too, and why I’m staying open minded. Hopefully it plays out that way. Ben White, biggest transfer sale in our clubs history… dismissed as nonsense by Owen and silence from Naylor. We got all the info from Arsenal sources.

Fwiw the Celtic ITKs seem fairly reliable from followers comments I’ve read. I suppose it could be all agent talk though. As always, we’ll find out the situation when the window shuts.

Err ... so you agree that Naylor and Owen got it right, and then disagree? I'm confused.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Daily Record is not giving up on this one….

“Odsonne Edouard looks certain to leave this summer, but could make the first game at Tynecastle ahead of a switch to Brighton.”

But have given their rumour breathing space to come true after tomorrow’s fixture.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ben White, biggest transfer sale in our clubs history… dismissed as nonsense by Owen and silence from Naylor. We got all the info from Arsenal sources.

Silence ? Probably the key story in moving the White to Arsenal £50m transfer saga along was written by The Athletic’s David Ornstein (who literally works alongside Andy Naylor.) And whose story Naylor tweeted/referenced in tweets minutes after it was published back on June 24th.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Silence ? Probably the key story in moving the White to Arsenal £50m transfer saga along was written by The Athletic’s David Ornstein (who literally works alongside Andy Naylor.) And whose story Naylor tweeted/referenced in tweets minutes after it was published back on June 24th.

And I recall Owen saying it would only happen if the sums were astronomical, which at £50m, he was right.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
And I recall Owen saying it would only happen if the sums were astronomical, which at £50m, he was right.
But that was an educated guess really? We all assumed White would leave if an astronomical offer came in. No one thought he would go for less than 40 million to Arsenal did they? ???

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Yes. As said “We got all the Ben White info from Arsenal sources”.

You’re proving my point so not sure what your beef is? David Ornstein is the Arsenal correspondent for the Athletic.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If he agrees and disagrees with something in the same post then he can bounce it months down the line to remind us how clever he is, no matter what happens. It’s genius, really

Such as?

You mean when he made the outrageous claim that Graham Potter shouldn’t be sacked and that the club were doing well? What a crime.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yes. As said “We got all the Ben White info from Arsenal sources”.

You’re proving my point so not sure what your beef is? David Ornstein is the Arsenal correspondent for the Athletic.

How do you know who David Ornstein’s sources were ? (Or any other journalist who wrote about the story) . And Naylor wasn’t silent. He’s written /tweeted about Ben White all summer. And I guess he talks to his colleagues and frequently co writes pieces with them including this piece that tells the story of the transfer.
https://theathletic.co.uk/2741766/2...one-of-the-countrys-most-promising-defenders/

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
How do you know who David Ornstein’s sources were ? (Or any other journalist who wrote about the story) . And Naylor wasn’t silent. He’s written /tweeted about Ben White all summer. And I guess he talks to his colleagues and frequently co writes pieces with them including this piece that tells the story of the transfer.
https://theathletic.co.uk/2741766/2...one-of-the-countrys-most-promising-defenders/

Some of the miserable trolls will shortly come along and say I’m posting too much. But you’re a good poster and as you addressed me I want to respond. I think there’s a misunderstanding here. Of course noone is suggesting that Naylor doesn’t talk about Ben White. That article is not new, that is from yesterday, correct?

I and a few other were suggesting that Naylor (and Owen) didn’t break any news on the huge Ben White story. It was all after the event. All the info that got out was gleaned from Arsenal sources, the opening enquiry. The £40m bid and the final £50m + bid that was accepted.

It’s not a dig on anyone, I have enjoyed reading Naylors articles, he’s a good columnist and his tweets are fun. But no news was broken on that Ben White story and I’m sure through no fault of his own. That’s all I’m saying and not really sure how that’s a controversial opinion.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
But that was an educated guess really? We all assumed White would leave if an astronomical offer came in. No one thought he would go for less than 40 million to Arsenal did they? ???

An educated and very obvious guess for you and I, yes.

But it’s not inconceivable to think Owen’s source (the club) told him as much.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Vieira can admire all he likes, the blonde pr1ck Parish doesn't holds the purse strings, and we all know he doesn't like spending money on player transfer fees or stadium refurbishments...... firefight the squad deficiencies and the dilapidated stadium crumblings....... Parish likes to talk the talk but he won't spend big on Edouard whilst Barndoor Benteke is still there.

Barndoor Benteke who scored a cracker against us........

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Some of the miserable trolls will shortly come along and say I’m posting too much. But you’re a good poster and as you addressed me I want to respond. I think there’s a misunderstanding here. Of course noone is suggesting that Naylor doesn’t talk about Ben White. That article is not new, that is from yesterday, correct?

I and a few other were suggesting that Naylor (and Owen) didn’t break any news on the huge Ben White story. It was all after the event. All the info that got out was gleaned from Arsenal sources, the opening enquiry. The £40m bid and the final £50m + bid that was accepted.

It’s not a dig on anyone, I have enjoyed reading Naylors articles, he’s a good columnist and his tweets are fun. But no news was broken on that Ben White story and I’m sure through no fault of his own. That’s all I’m saying and not really sure how that’s a controversial opinion.

That’s true but he didn’t come flat out and deny Arsenal’s interest in White as he has clearly done a couple of times with Edouard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
So any Brighton fans watching Edouard on sky sports tonight for Celtic? Oh that’s right… he’s not coming to Brighton

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Celtic defending shambolic for the Hearts opener.

Edouard wins a free kick, then a dexent header from a corner. Cochrane has started well.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That’s true but he didn’t come flat out and deny Arsenal’s interest in White as he has clearly done a couple of times with Edouard

Did he ? When?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here