Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Odds now up at Victor Chandler (14:15 5/11/09: Copp 4/6; Wise 7/1; Poy 7/1; Cott 8/1)

Oct 25, 2003
0,,12562~3648687,00.jpg

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Cant understand where/why his name has popped up?!?

quite simply, someone would have asked asked for a quote on him!

It is often quite significant (from the bookiers perspective) when they get someone asking for odds about an unquoted candidate as it leasds to questions like you have just asked ... does the punter know anything?

Usually they will say "how much do you want on him" and if the punter says £100+ then that is a strong pointer ... but if the punter just says £5 or £10 then he is probably a "fun" punter and the "tip" is taken a little less seriously .. but they will always offer you a price, albeit not a very generous one!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

It is often quite significant (from the bookiers perspective) when they get someone asking for odds about an unquoted candidate as it leasds to questions like you have just asked ... does the punter know anything?

Usually they will say "how much do you want on him" and if the punter says £100+ then that is a strong pointer ... but if the punter just says £5 or £10 then he is probably a "fun" punter and the "tip" is taken a little less seriously .. but they will always offer you a price, albeit not a very generous one!

Interesting!
So for him to come in at 14s(?) when earlier he wasnt on the list at all suggests someone has gone relatively large, possibly knows something? or possibly just a complete gamble?!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given they would only accept £50 from me (on behalf of NSC) on Coppell earlier, it won't be large at all. You probably couldn't get more than £15-20 on most of those bets.

"large" it will not be.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Given they would only accept £50 from me (on behalf of NSC) on Coppell earlier, it won't be large at all. You probably couldn't get more than £15-20 on most of those bets.

"large" it will not be.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting!
So for him to come in at 14s(?) when earlier he wasnt on the list at all suggests someone has gone relatively large, possibly knows something? or possibly just a complete gamble?!

To be honest it might only be £10, but the fact that someone has considered him deeply enough to want to put a bet oin when he wasn't listed means that they would tend to err on the side of caution.

They certainly would not have laid >£50 at that price ... unless it was from one of their regular large (losing) punters

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove

Cue time for fun............ anyone want to put a tenner on........hmmm, lets see Sven Goran Eriksson ( however you spell it ) to see if there is a reaction? I'm in Spain & can't before you ask.... & skint!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Mike Newell is looking for a job back down south. :wozza:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
HELLO VICTOR CHANDLER WORKERSS I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD

all the 4 unknowns i asked about have all been removed now

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just tried to bet £50 on Curbishley and the most it will allow is £14!!!!

Flippin 'eck

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just tried to bet £50 on Curbishley and the most it will allow is £14!!!!

Flippin 'eck

£200 win is the maximum they are allowing.

That said, I've been able to keep slipping a few quid onto Coppell - so re-visit in a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here