Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Odds now up at Victor Chandler (14:15 5/11/09: Copp 4/6; Wise 7/1; Poy 7/1; Cott 8/1)

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I was told the two main candidates are Coppell and Southgate by someone who has never let me down with info like this before. Glad I got on Coppell before his odds fell too short. I'd imagine Southgate's will drop shortly too.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Coppell is looking NAILED ON. Watch the odds closely if he goes odds on or they close the book on Coppell expect Coppell to be announced the nw BHAFC tomorrow.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Coppell is looking NAILED ON. Watch the odds closely if he goes odds on or they close the book on Coppell expect Coppell to be announced the nw BHAFC tomorrow.

Absolute garbage.

As others have said - this is a small fun market. It only takes a few quid to move the odds and, as such, a snowball effect can very quickly develop and an odds on position can be quickly arrived at with little or no real market substance.

In similar fashion, it was only a few weeks ago when Harry Redknapp went from long odds against to odds on in the 'next Premiership manager to lose his job' market. He's now mid-market around 16/1 with people like Brown, Benitez, Zola and McLeish at far shorter odds.

Odds on doesn't mean 'game over, nailed on cert'.

(And if Coppell does get the post, it doesn't make you right. Neither does it make my wager shrewd.)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
6/4 - coppell....

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think the longer it goes on the less chance of Coppell coming.

If he hasn't been announced by the middle of the week, then I guess we'll be looking elsewhere

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ahhhhhh. Thank goodness for that.

Anyone know what is Nelse up to these days? Still picture framing?

He runs a golfing holiday company in Essex. I know this because I have a friend who is in that very industry and was interviewed by him barely a year ago. My mate mentioned that a friend of his (that'll be me) considered Garry Nelson an all time legend.

He didn't get the job. :(

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think the longer it goes on the less chance of Coppell coming.

If he hasn't been announced by the middle of the week, then I guess we'll be looking elsewhere

Well a manager could be sounded out and then take the time to mull it over, approach people that he wants to bring with him, the whole process could easily take a week or two Coppell or otherwise.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
jewell at 12-1 £5
Stevens at 22-1 £5 simply down to the fact he was at lots of games last season around the time of slades appointment

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Absolute garbage.

As others have said - this is a small fun market. It only takes a few quid to move the odds and, as such, a snowball effect can very quickly develop and an odds on position can be quickly arrived at with little or no real market substance.

In similar fashion, it was only a few weeks ago when Harry Redknapp went from long odds against to odds on in the 'next Premiership manager to lose his job' market. He's now mid-market around 16/1 with people like Brown, Benitez, Zola and McLeish at far shorter odds.

Odds on doesn't mean 'game over, nailed on cert'.

(And if Coppell does get the post, it doesn't make you right. Neither does it make my wager shrewd.)

Is there anything I write that isn't Garbage. Just out of interest like ???. Actually it isn't garbage the bookies are usual right and if Coppell is short at 6/4 that means if it isn't him they are offering very good odds on the Man who will end up getting it. Still what do I know ?.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I have heard from a source close to the club that it MAY be Coppell and that it HOPEFULLY will be Coppell. This doesn't mean it will be but it means they want him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Look at VC's early odds last time round...

Code:
Paul Ince 		 2/1 	 
Steve Cotterill 	 5/1 	 
Dean White 		15/2 	 
Jim Gannon 		17/2 	 
Brian Horton 		 9/1 	 
Dean Saunders 		19/2 	 
Andy Hessanthaler 	11/1 	 
Lawrie Sanchez 		12/1 	 
Alex Inglethorpe 	12/1 	 
Glenn Roeder 		12/1 	 
Iain Dowie 		14/1 	 
Aidy Boothroyd 		14/1 	 
Nicky Forster 		14/1 	 
Andy Scott 		14/1 	 
Martin Ling 		16/1 	 
Peter Taylor 		16/1 	 
Ian Holloway 		16/1 	 
Terry Connor 		16/1 	 
Gary McAllister 	16/1 	 
Gary Stevens 		16/1 	 
Alan Curbishley 	16/1 	 
Dean Wilkins 		16/1 	 
Martin Keown 		16/1 	 
Alan Pardew 		18/1 	 
Paul Jewell 		20/1 	 
Steve Staunton 		20/1 	 
John Hughes 		20/1 	 
Charlie Oatway 		20/1 	 
John Gregory 		20/1 	 
John Ward 		22/1 	 
Andy Ritchie 		22/1 	 
Paul Buckle 		25/1 	 
Russell Slade 		25/1 	 
David O`Leary 		25/1 	 
Tony Adams 		25/1 	 
Billy McEwan 		33/1 	 
Denis Wise 		33/1 	 
Ossie Ardiles 		33/1 	 
Liam Brady 		33/1 	 
Joe Kinnear 		50/1 	 
Steve Claridge 		50/1

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
He was there on Saturday as well - he's there quite often I'm told.

was he ? its a stab in the dark and a risk but if he had somebody working with him like peter taylor or even nobby horton who know the game inside out it could happen,ive tossed away worse fivers thats for sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here