Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ocean Rooms incident NYE.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
what's he made his money in ?

Well we were very good friends with his brothers family up until a few years ago.
Do you remember the 'Time' restaurants, which were Chinese restaurants. He owned them.

How he got his money though initially I am not so sure.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
anyone remember annabells night club ship street yrs ago ??? met my misses in there, the night a load of spurs fans in there and it kicked off...asked one of em to pick a winder.. but couldnt find one !!!!:p

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
My dad used to own a nightclub called Toppers in the 90s and he said everyone was doing that shit and no one cared!

if that was toppers in east st brighton, then i believe downstairs was fagins bar and in the basement rumours - i used to go there in 1989!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Friend of mine got stabbed outside the Ocean Rooms a couple of years ago. Thats why i dont go there.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
what about bonsai club montpelier rd, you couldnt get in unless you had tie on..

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
only people older than time itself would remember Kings !
I remember Kings too :down:

my dad & his mates uysed to go there, not me though. i do remember fagans and the bouncers etc. i used to deal with the phoon family with the time restaurants.......sure they dont a flit to china though as closed all restaurants down and got reposessed, maybe diff' member of the family.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
anyone remember annabells night club ship street yrs ago ??? met my misses in there, the night a load of spurs fans in there and it kicked off...asked one of em to pick a winder.. but couldnt find one !!!!:p

used to go there as changed to cavern, always a row/riot there when bha were at home, happy days!!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
my dad & his mates uysed to go there, not me though. i do remember fagans and the bouncers etc. i used to deal with the phoon family with the time restaurants.......sure they dont a flit to china though as closed all restaurants down and got reposessed, maybe diff' member of the family.

it's just me that's old then....:down:
i'm glad other NSCers remember toppers/fagans etc and I didn't dream it in one of my many alcoholic hazes!
whilst on the subject, does anyone remeber cozys? i think it was under Dr Brightons ....

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Cozy's name rings a bell. but bit before my time....Now Coasters was where i sampled snake bite for the1st time!!

PS. im 38.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Cozy's name rings a bell. but bit before my time....Now Coasters was where i sampled snake bite for the1st time!!

PS. im 38.

coasters.....bloody nora...i'd forgotten all about that place. next you'll be reminding me of Orianas !
38? pah! young whippersnapper- wait til you get to my age................................

......i'm 39:thumbsup:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I found an entry card to coasters recently in my scrap album.

Savannah??

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton

They moved to Spain. Got themselves into all sorts of problems once Time restaurants went bust and left the country.

They are all back here now though, apart from their youngest son who's still living in Spain.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
good old days of the lunchtime stripper in the (then) ship pub lewes rd... so many guys were late back to work ...dirty buggers!!!

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3284149 said:
Was he that Jay guy who's killer they never found?

if i remember rightly one of the 2 men police reckoned killed jay hung himself ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just seen that The Ocean Rooms is for sale, yours for 750k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here