Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ocean Rooms incident NYE.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Not in my experience, if someone is on the powder work suffers as does the club and its reputation. I have caught people working for me doing it and they have been sacked on the spot. Do it in your own time not mine.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Surely in every club and many pubs staff and especially managers are on the powder day and bloody night?

True, but most places are not as bad as the Ocean Rooms. It is part of the shift for staff to go and do a line. Most other clubs will only allow it after a shift or it will just be the manager, not everybody.

I have been passed over for promotion at one night club in Brighton because I wasn't in the 'in' coke head crowd. It is a problem but not at all places, where I work now the staff party as hard as anyone can, we just save it until after the shift.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I think it may have been going on as we entered the all night. The doorman had someone shouting down his walkietalkie (whatever they're called) thing as we were going in and it sounded pretty urgent.

Indeed - & too think that we were within a 50 metre radius of it at the time of it happening, is actually quite chilling.:eek:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I don't know how anyone who lived in the US can say that. We don't have a record of violence in this country. According to United Nations figures, we are 46th in the international league table of homicide per capita - the 8th lowest in the EU (the US is 24th).

Much sympathy for the lad that was killed but I too hope his killers get put away for a long time but this was an exceptional attack, we don't have a high crime rate in this country.
oh do me a f***ing favour, quote statistics all you like , they can be massaged, and blather on calling me a "daily mail reader blah blah " , crime is worse in this country than it has been for a hundred years, and its getting worse, i really dont give a f*** how we compare to other countries in an irrelevant UN table.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
My dad used to own a nightclub called Toppers in the 90s and he said everyone was doing that shit and no one cared!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
My dad used to own a nightclub called Toppers in the 90s and he said everyone was doing that shit and no one cared!
i was in there and rumours below it , all the time in the late eighties, very happ memories, but it was e's when i was in there, ask him if he remembers the bouncers jay and lloyd ? nice blokes, sadly jay got killed in an incident in a taxi queue a few years back.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
i was in there and rumours below it , all the time in the late eighties, very happ memories, but it was e's when i was in there, ask him if he remembers the bouncers jay and lloyd ? nice blokes, sadly jay got killed in an incident in a taxi queue a few years back.

Yeah he remembers Jay, said he got killed in a racist attack. Terrible. You might know my dad or my uncle then since you went there a lot.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I always thought Ocean Rooms should be a much better club than it is. They've got a good sound system in there now and it is a good size for a Brighton club, with the three floor layout. However, the staff attitude, as has been mentioned, is bad. The bouncers are nothing like the good guys you get at Audio (formerly Escape) and the bar staff always seem disinterested when serving you your watered down drinks.

I've also heard from promoters that they refuse to allow other people to get in on the act, insisting on doing all their own nights with their own promo work. Why not let an established well run Brighton night take it over once in a while to take advantage of the actual venue?

I walked past all the police tape on my way home from a house party on Friday afternoon and figured something tragic had happened. Bizarrely some thugs had tried to break into this party in the early hours of the morning too and there was an almighty brawl (on Beaconsfield Road) which left one guy needing stitches and several others in a right bloody mess. People who go looking for trouble in clubs and on the street are proper wrong'uns and alcohol is not an excuse.

RIP

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
happy new year mate, will be going up to stockport in the not too distant future, i will let you know, perhaps we can have a swift pint at the lunchtime.

Will she let you out of the bedroom long enough for one though?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yeah he remembers Jay, said he got killed in a racist attack. Terrible. You might know my dad or my uncle then since you went there a lot.
Jay was a really lovely bloke, he got killed after someone hit him in an argument at a taxi queue and he fell and hit his head, he was black , but as far as i know it was nothing to do with this , but the usual crowd have jumped on it and decided it was a racist attack because of his colour. Who are your dad and uncle ??

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Jay was a really lovely bloke, he got killed after someone hit him in an argument at a taxi queue and he fell and hit his head, he was black , but as far as i know it was nothing to do with this , but the usual crowd have jumped on it and decided it was a racist attack because of his colour. Who are your dad and uncle ??

Yeah I suppose people came to that conclusion, something that will never go away unfortunately. My dad's Mike and my Uncle is Fred, they ran the place so were in there all the time. You might not know them though. I can't really say their last name since then everyone will know my last name :laugh:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yeah I suppose people came to that conclusion, something that will never go away unfortunately. My dad's Mike and my Uncle is Fred, they ran the place so were in there all the time. You might not know them though. I can't really say their last name since then everyone will know my last name :laugh:
was always on e's when in there:lol: so might not know them , used to know the bouncers more , there was also one called choi i think.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
was always on e's when in there:lol: so might not know them , used to know the bouncers more , there was also one called choi i think.

Yeah I have met Choi, he was a right dick apparently. Used to be over violent. He is a millionaire now.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah I have met Choi, he was a right dick apparently. Used to be over violent. He is a millionaire now.

Choi Phoon? I know the man and he is indeed a millionaire now. Dickhead to say the least..

Was there a bouncer alongside Choi called Alfred Hill by any chance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here