Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Observing NSC at the moment.

Tubthumper said:
Mind you, the last goal was irrelevant.

In terms of us even getting a point out of the game, it was.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Observing NSC at the moment.

DJ Leon said:
As someone who was there in those dark days, doesn't that make you feel a bit sick?

In one way yes, another no.

I really do believe that the only thing that got us through the Archer/ Bellotti days ( and the Second Mullery era) was the fact that Brighton fans were passionate about their club ( as I keep banging on about to whichever fool listens, its our club...DK etc etc are custodians until the next managerial/owner shake up happens - harsh but a fact) We all on here care passionately about our club and have every right to vent our spleen, lick our arses, waggle our fingers or sit in the corner and sulk about how we see the fortunes of the club going.

For all the wind ups Ernest cares passionately about our side and has done for many years, ditto the same for Attilla, Paul S, Ferret, Blakesey, Yorkie, Ned,Ade Newnham, Rusco, Squiggsy and everyone who post on here.

What there appears to be now is this attempt by very clever use of english by journalists ( yes you steve amongst others) and those people who are far better at it than others, to somehow belittle people who question what is going on and what they see as failings of the current regime. That is what annoys people and what makes this board degenerate into petty " my willy is bigger than your willy and I am a better fan than you" bollocks that is prevalent.

If we didnt question that little slime Bellotti, Archer, Stanley...we would now be dead and buried!

I agree that some posts are just character assisination and bile, but as I keep saying this is a ublic message board and people are allowed their own opinion.....I would not harrange someone for having a different view than mine...I think it is healthy.

sorry if that sounds pretentious, I didnt mean it to be

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sorry, but how the hell can you defend the Crewe performance? It was crap. You can argue all you like about how the game turned but it isn't the first time we have surrendered a game or lost a game. And as I said 4-1 isn't even close. We are not losing games because we are unlucky. This has been going on for over a year.

And the Revell substitution was baffling to most people iin the ground.

The man is a clown.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
Well, give him time then. If we'd have beaten Crewe last week, we'd have gone something like fourth! Suggests it's all to play for, dunnit?

The thrashing at home to Crewe came hard on the heels of the failure to break down Boston (who'd been tonked 5-0 one division lower a couple of days earlier) with our first choice strikers. If that's not a cause for concern, I don't know what is.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Observing NSC at the moment.

Dies Irae said:

I really do believe that the only thing that got us through the Archer/ Bellotti days ( and the Second Mullery era) was the fact that Brighton fans were passionate about their club ( as I keep banging on about to whichever fool listens, its our club...DK etc etc are custodians until the next managerial/owner shake up happens - harsh but a fact) We all on here care passionately about our club and have every right to vent our spleen, lick our arses, waggle our fingers or sit in the corner and sulk about how we see the fortunes of the club going.

For all the wind ups Ernest cares passionately about our side and has done for many years, ditto the same for Attilla, Paul S, Ferret, Blakesey, Yorkie, Ned,Ade Newnham, Rusco, Squiggsy and everyone who post on here.

What there appears to be now is this attempt by very clever use of english by journalists ( yes you steve amongst others) and those people who are far better at it than others, to somehow belittle people who question what is going on and what they see as failings of the current regime. That is what annoys people and what makes this board degenerate into petty " my willy is bigger than your willy and I am a better fan than you" bollocks that is prevalent.

If we didnt question that little slime Bellotti, Archer, Stanley...we would now be dead and buried!

I agree that some posts are just character assisination and bile, but as I keep saying this is a ublic message board and people are allowed their own opinion.....I would not harrange someone for having a different view than mine...I think it is healthy.

Knight and McGhee are not trying to kill our club. That's a fact. By all means be critical of them but I do think it's right to draw the line at likening them to Archer and Bellotti and accusing them of deliberately hurting the club - let's face it 90% of the criticism of the club on this board make it out as if DK & MM don't actually want to succeed - that's just plain stupid.

As for LI, who you do seem to have a bee in your bonnett about, he appears to me to be just arguing his points - which are all fair. We're mid-table, we haven't started to play badly, failing to sign anyone in the transfer window is neither unusual or highly damaging etc - all make a good case for everything not being as bad as people make out.

I honestly think that when people complain about not being entitled to their opinion, they're merely feeling aggrieved that someone is arguing back at them - and by complaining it just sounds if you're actually trying to deny your opponent his/her right to an opinion. Stop complaining and argue back I say. And from great debate will come great enlightenment. Well, at a push everyone might take on some new perpectives!

Dies Irae said:
What there appears to be now is this attempt by very clever use of english by journalists ( yes you steve amongst others)
:D Well at least I sit in the dock with others - who are they may I ask?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wasnt suggesting DK was trying to kill the club ( but my next door neighbour who is an Arsenal fan is convinced Falmer would never happen and when the first inspectors said No we should have backed out - but that is another story)

I only have a " bee in my bonnett" about Steve because he appears to argue for the sake of it- and very subtly rubbishes people who dont hold his view, which I find irritating, but certainly I dont hold a grudge against him

I agree that arguement is healthy, but it very rarely ends without conflict. Perhaps that is the nature of the beast

I suppose when I was throwing snowballs at Bellotti's house, I was not looking for reasoned debate......

Tom Hark said:
The thrashing at home to Crewe came hard on the heels of the failure to break down Boston (who'd been tonked 5-0 one division lower a couple of days earlier) with our first choice strikers. If that's not a cause for concern, I don't know what is.

It isn't a cause for concern, a huge amount of Championship clubs lost to League 2 opposition, we progressed. Yes, the game was boring as f***, but that was entirely down to Boston's negative tactics. It's never a cause for concern when we have just achieved our longest cup run in about 4 seasons! :lolol:

SJ's Love Monkey said:
But a lot of people on Palace's boards are still bitching that Jordan hasn't spent emough and are berating him!

That and the fact that it's just been demonstrated on Wednesday that your up-and-coming players (like that youngster Marco Reich) are fecking useless :thumbsup:

Silent Bob said:
So you no longer think McGhee is going to be here for the next twenty years?

McGhee will last all this season - so get Xmas card buying!

What happens beyond that is probably down to the opaque power struggles within the board, which I wouldn't even begin at guessing the outcome of.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
It isn't a cause for concern, a huge amount of Championship clubs lost to League 2 opposition, we progressed.

The manner of the progression WAS a cause for concern IMHO. Can't remember ever praying so vehemently that a game wouldn't go into extra time. Complete lack of passion, urgency, individual bits of magic etc. etc.

Tom Hark said:
The manner of the progression WAS a cause for concern IMHO. Can't remember ever praying so vehemently that a game wouldn't go into extra time. Complete lack of passion, urgency, individual bits of magic etc. etc.

Thought our winner was a lovely bit of football

malcolm prescott

Jul 8, 2006
Preston village
up until now have been behind mm but with so many off the pitch player upsets I am starting to waver but still giving him the benifit for a few more games lets see how we are coming up to xmas, DK still has my faith without him we would have no club.......................we need to keep our anger for LDC they are ones who are trying to kill this club all our problems revolve arund the lack of a ground....keep the faith for now

Tom Hark said:
Yes. Yes it was. From a defender.

An overlapping full-back - it was just like watching Italy :)

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Dies Irae said:

What a jolly good post sir, a lot of sense in there.

Good man.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I was prepared to give McGhee the benefit of the doubt this season but I cant anymore. All this falling out with players cannot have a good affect on the rest of the squad's morale, and it continue's to weaken the squad every time another player waves us goodbye. I thought the idea of managing in any walk of life was to be firm, friendly but fair, well thats not the way he comes across to me.

Dick Knight allways had my full support, But over the last 12 month's my confidence in him has started to dwindle. As much as I will allways give him hero status for saving the club, we cant live on past glories. The club as a whole appears to be slipping backwards and DK has to shoulder some of the blame for that.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Well, give him time then. If we'd have beaten Crewe last week, we'd have gone something like fourth! Suggests it's all to play for, dunnit?

Promotion is beyond us this year I reckon (not a tragedy, as if we wouldn't get slaughtered every week going back into the Championship) but we are on course for midtable and developing the younger players, which was Knight's stated aim.

Although I doubt we will leave this division via promotion, I do think stating that midtable is fine is a dangerous stance as it can breed complacency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here