Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Observing NSC at the moment.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
or there again steve, from the opposing point of view, you people( because you used the term "they") sit there and refuse to see anything wrong in what is going on and snipe at people because you refuse to accept that people actually do care about the team and the club ( and in a lot of cases have spend over half their lives caring) They show that caring by putting on here A MESSAGE BOARD their views.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
London Irish said:
About every one, they're all crap.

Substitutions make perfect sense to you do they? You see a harmonious team, brimming with morale every Saturday?

It's fans like you with your head-in-the-sand attitude who do so much damage.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Dies Irae said:
There are definately two camps here.

1. The absolute die hard loyal fan for whome DK and MM can do no wrong whatsoever, its all everyone elses fault and we should keep the faith...and they are very voiciferous of anyone who attempts to pain a negative picture

2. Those posters who think that the whole current situation stinks, the club is being totally mismanaged and DK and MM should go now and let someone else take over.....
Not true, it's just that every thread gets hijacked by people in those two camps. If you write anything in the slightest bit negative the usual suspects come on and start calling you a whinger or an outer, then it decends into a row.
Personally I think we're (the club) doing about as well as can be expected in the situation. The Manager however has made some major f*** ups and is therefore getting alot of stick. Swings and roundabouts really

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Dies Irae said:
have you ever tried to see the other point of view? ( I am not for or against MM BTW)

Yes and i agree with some of their comments, i also admire a lot of peoples passion but i dont think MM is as bad as some people make out. I still would like to see a manager of the ability of say....Alex Ferguson, but i would suggest he would struggle to find a winnig formula/man management/ harmony/successfull in the transfer market ect ect ect under our restrictive conditions. No carry on griping, only shows people care, i just dissagree with some of the character assasination on here on the whim of heresay!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Dies Irae said:
or there again steve, from the opposing point of view, you people( because you used the term "they") sit there and refuse to see anything wrong in what is going on and snipe at people because you refuse to accept that people actually do care about the team and the club ( and in a lot of cases have spend over half their lives caring) They show that caring by putting on here A MESSAGE BOARD their views.

Dave your pen is mightier than the Irish Fella's - power to ya

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
The NSC is a little melancholy at the minute and believe it or not i do understand your frustration, but it is incredible how football fans react to things. Palace have just paid £2.5m for Shefki Kuqi from Blackburn and we have also bought Leon Cort for £1.2m, Scowcroft for £500k, Carl Fletcher for £500k, Mark Kennedy, Matt Lawrence, Scott Flinders for £1m and Stuart Green. But a lot of people on Palace's boards are still bitching that Jordan hasn't spent emough and are berating him! Some fans i am sure think this is Championship Manager and clubs have a bottomless pit of money to outlay on players it really is unbelievable. I know you lads are in a different situation because of the shysters at LDC and having to play at Withdean but it just seems some fans are just not happy whatever their clubs do or don't do.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
When are you buying me that beer big boy ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dies Irae said:

1. The absolute die hard loyal fan for whome DK and MM can do no wrong whatsoever, its all everyone elses fault and we should keep the faith...and they are very voiciferous of anyone who attempts to pain a negative picture

2. Those posters who think that the whole current situation stinks, the club is being totally mismanaged and DK and MM should go now and let someone else take over.....

Not true.

You could do with de-coupling DK and MM for a start. It's surely a minority on here who believe that both can do no wrong, or both should go now.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I am all for getting rid of MM - actually he should have walked after the Stoke game last season. But the fact is we won't sack him - we can't afford to - DK has said that Mid Table is acceptable and even without a decent striker we'll probably still achieve that.

Some of his tactics and substitutions are strange to say the least - and he must be the worst culprit I've ever seen for playing people out of position.

He appears to have virtually destroyed the team spirit ( although he has been unlucky in that respect losing Oatway for a year) and has fallen out big time with several key players. (Although I back him 100% on the Leon Knight episode)

I can forgive the players making mistakes, but there's not enough passion for my liking. What worries me id that I think Wilkins is the one going for the 4 3 3 and it ain't working.

So I'm all for getting rid of MM

As far as DK is concerned - let's wait and see. IF we finally get a watertight Falmer decision then he will be (quite rightly) treated as a hero. If Falmer fails then he and Perry will walk away - but if Falmer fails they won't have much to walk away from.

DK has done - and I still think is still doing great things for this club - if LDC wern't still trying to bankrupt us and hadn't appealed against last October's decision we would be moving forward towards Falmer.

To Rougvie, and those who have said that relegation will affect Falmer then that's total crap - we were in Division 3 when we applied for it so what's changed. The Sussex public are very fickle - give them a decent grouNd, AND even in the bottom tier we'll get good crowds.

EVERYTHING AT THIS FOOTBALL CLUB - LONG TERM - DEPENDS ON FALMER.

It's those tossers at LDC I want out - not DK.

So Dave, we're not all in one camp or the other.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dies Irae said:

I guess I would be put in this category, but as far as DK and MM doing no wrong I would not agree with that. Of course they have made mistakes afterall they are human. I think they are the best chance we have of surviving.

On the McGhee front, I said I will judge him at Christmas and I stand by that. The whole season could be (so far) a lot different had El-Abd not cocked up vs Brentford and had Henderson(1st Goal)/Mayo not messed up against Crewe.

I feel Dick is our best chance of getting Falmer and the board as a whole have worked tirelessly to get us this far and it is only fitting that they finish the job.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Dies Irae said:

No offence, but this is simplistic. Nothing is black and white and there are varying degrees of all of these views on NSC.

I don't think anyone on this board thinks MM and DK 'can do no wrong'. If you think that there are, then your generalising people's opinions just because they stand up against the tide of ridiculous over-reaction rife on this board at the moment.

There is good reason to be critical of the club at the moment - no-one would deny that, but I would just like to see the criticism be more constructive and most importantly - reasonable.

The tone of NSC at the moment has some people at a higher fever pitch of indignation than was seen in the bad old days. As someone who was there in those dark days, doesn't that make you feel a bit sick?

Kinky Gerbils said:
Not all of us!

Ive said enough times now if Mcghee wins promotion/ a decent push for promotion I will eat humble pie and worship at the alter that is LI

Well, give him time then. If we'd have beaten Crewe last week, we'd have gone something like fourth! Suggests it's all to play for, dunnit?

Promotion is beyond us this year I reckon (not a tragedy, as if we wouldn't get slaughtered every week going back into the Championship) but we are on course for midtable and developing the younger players, which was Knight's stated aim.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Dies Irae said:
I know, and yet still I cant be arsed to go to Bristol

Do you know I have been watching Brighton since 1975 and it is only in the last two years I have considered not bothering going to matches, because quite frankly I really dont see the point any more. I am tired..... .

Yes it's called age - you're finlly growing up and have a few other things in life other than the Albion to worry about. 'Bout bloody time, your post count's indicative of your addiction pal. It's ok to do something else with your life AND support Brighton.

Dies Irae said:

Blah, blah, blah, snipe, snipe, snipe - you are doing exactly what you are accusing me of, but just not raising any interesting points of discussion while doing so.

Tubthumper said:
Substitutions make perfect sense to you do they?
If you're talking about last Sunday and El Abd coming on, yes, that did make sense. Obviously it's difficult to know exactly what you are talking about given your liking for windy generalities.

portlock seagull said:
Yes it's called age - you're finlly growing up and have a few other things in life other than the Albion to worry about. 'Bout bloody time, your post count's indicative of your addiction pal. It's ok to do something else with your life AND support Brighton.
Just not London Irish please :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
London Irish said:
If we'd have beaten Crewe last week, we'd have gone something like fourth!

Fact is we didn't. 4-1 wasn't even close.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mind you, the last goal was irrelevant.

Tubthumper said:
Fact is we didn't. 4-1 wasn't even close.

Yeah we were, hitting the post and then them handballing the ball into the goal five seconds later for 3-1, that was cruel. Different game had that bizarre sequence of events not occured.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here