Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Observing NSC at the moment.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There are definately two camps here.

1. The absolute die hard loyal fan for whome DK and MM can do no wrong whatsoever, its all everyone elses fault and we should keep the faith...and they are very voiciferous of anyone who attempts to pain a negative picture

2. Those posters who think that the whole current situation stinks, the club is being totally mismanaged and DK and MM should go now and let someone else take over.....

I personally go back to my post yesterday when saying that what do people really expect from us. We have a shite ground, languishing in the third division, no money, no investment in the team apart from youngsters coming through and the occasional bit part signing.

I am still 100% amazed we are still in existance if the dire financial situation we are told we are in is to be believed.

It will be interesting if we go into freefall and are down the bottom ogf the league at Christmas just what the reaction will be on here.

Have agood time at Bristol City, I am playing our last game of cricket at Hertmancaux ( I Can spell) tomorrow, in the rain..LOL

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Interesting, views that could be used to support either standpoint!

Last edited:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Dies Irae said:

1. The absolute die hard loyal fan for whome DK and MM can do no wrong whatsoever, its all everyone elses fault and we should keep the faith...and they are very voiciferous of anyone who attempts to pain a negative picture

2. Those posters who think that the whole current situation stinks, the club is being totally mismanaged and DK and MM should go now and let someone else take over.....

Strongly disagree - I'm in neither camp, and I suspect there are plenty of others on here who don't subscribe solely to one of those those views either.

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Herstmonceux.

castle.jpg

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
not sure i agree with that.

I'm behind DK but not MM (as i'm sure a lot of people are)..

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Re: Re: Observing NSC at the moment.

Herne Hill Seagull said:
Strongly disagree - I'm in neither camp, and I suspect there are plenty of others on here who don't subscribe solely to on of those those views either.

I am glad you strongly disagree.

well done:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
LDH said:

but with all due respect that is just total crap isnt it!

Under DK we have had more managers than hot dinners and it was DK who employed MM. The buck stops with him if you are a MM outer

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
LDH said:

Ditto.

However, I do fear DK is being dragged down into the mire by all the goings-on. The longer he keeps McGhee, the more his reputation suffers.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The buck stopped with Knight when MM got us out of this division and then kept us in the Championship too though, didn't it? Opinions can change, as can the performance of managers and players.

I don't see the paradox between backing Knight's decision to appoint MM in the first place, but wanting him to leave now on the basis that things have gone wrong, should that be LDH's position.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yeah probably

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
Herne Hill Seagull said:
The buck stopped with Knight when MM got us out of this division and then kept us in the Championship too though, didn't it? Opinions can change, as can the performance of managers and players.

I don't see the paradox between backing Knight's decision to appoint MM in the first place, but wanting him to leave now on the basis that things have gone wrong, should that be LDH's position.

yeah, that's exactly what i think (thanks for saving me the bother of typing it out myself)..

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
gazwag said:
you will NEVER get a match on that pitch tomorrow, especially with more rain expected

:D

I know, and yet still I cant be arsed to go to Bristol

Do you know I have been watching Brighton since 1975 and it is only in the last two years I have considered not bothering going to matches, because quite frankly I really dont see the point any more. I am tired of being told about all of our problems at every drop of a hat, I am tired of all the posturing by our local polititions, I am tired of the same old excused coming out time and time again.

No player at the club excites me any more - Bobby Z was the last one and since then ........

You will probably say that I am being miserable and "keep the faith" bollocks will reappear sometime, but for someone who has stuck by this club through the darkest days, been to Archers House, on all the marches through London written my letters, invaded pitches, put up banners on bridges etc , I think the club should be aware that they are currently f***ing off quite a few long time albion fans.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dies Irae said:

I personally go back to my post yesterday when saying that what do people really expect from us. We have a shite ground, languishing in the third division, no money, no investment in the team apart from youngsters coming through and the occasional bit part signing.

I am still 100% amazed we are still in existance if the dire financial situation we are told we are in is to be believed.

It will be interesting if we go into freefall and are down the bottom ogf the league at Christmas just what the reaction will be on here.

Have agood time at Bristol City, I am playing our last game of cricket at Hertmancaux ( I Can spell) tomorrow, in the rain..LOL

Am I getting old ? Dammit David I agree with you !

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Dies Irae said:
I know, and yet still I cant be arsed to go to Bristol

Do you know I have been watching Brighton since 1975 and it is only in the last two years I have considered not bothering going to matches, because quite frankly I really dont see the point any more. I am tired of being told about all of our problems at every drop of a hat, I am tired of all the posturing by our local polititions, I am tired of the same old excused coming out time and time again.

No player at the club excites me any more - Bobby Z was the last one and since then ........

You will probably say that I am being miserable and "keep the faith" bollocks will reappear sometime, but for someone who has stuck by this club through the darkest days, been to Archers House, on all the marches through London written my letters, invaded pitches, put up banners on bridges etc , I think the club should be aware that they are currently f***ing off quite a few long time albion fans.

You're not the only one Dave by far who feels this way

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Dies Irae said:

Not in either camp. I'm behind DK because without him we would simply not have a club to support. He has shown fantastic judgement over the past 9 years, brought in some great managers and players, brought us back to Brighton, and almost got us to Falmer.

I'm no longer a MM supporter, and would love to see DW take over, but can completely sympathise with McGhee in a way, because he has a very tough job.

Despite the invective shown by some, I actually think most of us are at neither of the above extremes - we're hacked off, but then we've had a lot of success over the past 6 years, and we're finding it difficult to adjust to the relative "failures" of recent times. We haven't yet realised that this season is all about consolidation, bringing in the youngsters, and building for the future. Once we accept that, we'll all be a lot more chilled out.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Ernest said:
You're not the only one Dave by far who feels this way

On the grounds that this actually looks like a serious post, I'll bite.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE HAVING A f***ing LAUGH!

No doubt when we were winning back-to-back titles, Bob was scoring goals that we thought we'd never see scored by Brighton players, and the team was actually taking the piss out of opponents, so much better than them were we, you were doubtless on here with your wind up posts bitching that Adams should be sacked for failing to provide adequate milk supplies for the tea in the north stand, or that his sartorial standards were not up to scratch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here