Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T A Few Good Men - a campaign for more men in schools, nurseries and childminding!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
That isn't what I'm saying at all, but leap to that conclusion if you wish - why are you so sensitive about it?

I've said I would be pleased to see an man in that role, but find it it very few men who wish to do it. Read it again, before you jump to conclusions and hurl insults.

I think you'll find me most weekends changin tyres in paddocks, and mostly this weekend, fixing water leaks in 1964 Cortinas, but don't let that stop you...

Maybe many men would go into it if it were not for the prejudices of others. Many females do not go into high powered jobs in business because of the prejudices of some men, seems to be the same pattern to me.

I care about it because I am a teacher and the underperformance of males in schools and lack of male role models at playgroups and primary schools is a real concern to me. Many males are put off going into these fields because of the reactions and (in my view negative) assumptions of others. I think it is actually quite a disrespectful thing to suggest to any male primary school teacher that he could not do the job as well or that he is not as well adapted to do it, let's be honest, it is outright sexism.

Finally, I do not think I have thrown any insults at you, just debated my side of the argument. If I was being facetious, I could say you are using your femininity to say I am picking on you and throwing insults when the reality is we are just debating. I have no issue with you at all, I am sure you a lovely person I just personally find your view as limited as males views on female employment in the 1950s.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I tell you what, it is really quite scary some of the views that are held on here, really scary. I thought it was 2011 FFS.

It's fair to say, in my partner's 27 years of running her school, she has never encountered a parent who has expressed a preference for their child to be taught by a male or female teacher. She has never had a parent expressing concern - or making any comment - about whether the teacher is male or female. She has never had a comment on a teacher because of their gender. She has never employed a teacher because of their gender.

So it's not all bad.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No it just shows what small circles you move in and how insular you are, tedebears views are very common, the norm even. Or are you just being a patronising dick?

Patronsing? You mean like telling a male he can't do a caring job as well as a woman. Views that are common means nothing, One direction are top of the charts, does that mean they are a good act?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ah as I thought, even when I told you how to find plaigarism you back down. The big f***ing busted flush that you are, blowhard. As they say the devils in the detail and you have nothing but piss and wind.

Ok you can expect from now on for your bullshit to be challenged. Any serious challenge from you will be responded to with sources. I'll not grow tired of clowning you day in and day out, its easy, your full of nothing but your own deluded self importance..

Oh dear I even predicted the nature of your response. Just how obvious are you? :facepalm:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It's fair to say, in my partner's 27 years of running her school, she has never encountered a parent who has expressed a preference for their child to be taught by a male or female teacher. She has never had a parent expressing concern - or making any comment - about whether the teacher is male or female. She has never had a comment on a teacher because of their gender. She has never employed a teacher because of their gender.

So it's not all bad.

Very good to hear. I hope she does not employ any of them gays though, don't want them passing on AIDS to the kids do we.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Maybe many men would go into it if it were not for the prejudices of others. Many females do not go into high powered jobs in business because of the prejudices of some men, seems to be the same pattern to me.

I care about it because I am a teacher and the underperformance of males in schools and lack of male role models at playgroups and primary schools is a real concern to me. Many males are put off going into these fields because of the reactions and (in my view negative) assumptions of others. I think it is actually quite a disrespectful thing to suggest to any male primary school teacher that he could not do the job as well or that he is not as well adapted to do it, let's be honest, it is outright sexism.

Finally, I do not think I have thrown any insults at you, just debated my side of the argument. If I was being facetious, I could say you are using your femininity to say I am picking on you and throwing insults when the reality is we are just debating. I have no issue with you at all, I am sure you a lovely person I just personally find your view as limited as males views on female employment in the 1950s.

If you read the original thread you would be aware I am talking about pre-school, nursery, and childminding. I am all for men in any forms of child care, but my view is that women tend to be better at the very young years. Call me prejudiced if you like, which I find it insulting, but barring exceptions to the rule of which I'm sure there are a few, this is generally excepted.

I am not in favour of trying something simply as it is sexist or prejudiced not to attempt to change it. I am in favour of doing what is right for our small children, fairly simple really. Whether I am female or not is irrelevant.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

So it's not all bad.

And the point is? I've never been asked to express an opinion at nursery or playgroup either.....I don't think any parent has even been asked to express an opinion on the matter.

Can you imagine the answers though - do you want your 3 year old minded by a male or a female? What a woeful position to put your male staff in TLO!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
And the point is? I've never been asked to express an opinion at nursery or playgroup either.....I don't think any parent has even been asked to express an opinion on the matter.

You didn't get the point I was making. It's not about being asked to make a comment - it's about volunteering a comment which, as paying customers, they are free to do.

Should - hypothetically - you ever have wished to place your child(ren) as two-year-olds in my partner's school, it appears from your attitude that you wouldn't want them to be in the company of a male teacher - and you wouldn't wait to be asked to express that opinion.

Can you imagine the answers though - do you want your 3 year old minded by a male or a female? What a woeful position to put your male staff in TLO!

That's because it's completely irrelevant whether they're male or female - hence she wouldn't ask.

I was talking about people commenting without being asked.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
You didn't get the point I was making. It's not about being asked to make a comment - it's about volunteering a comment which, as paying customers, they are free to do.

Should - hypothetically - you ever have wished to place your child(ren) as two-year-olds in my partner's school, it appears from your attitude that you wouldn't want them to be in the company of a male teacher - and you wouldn't wait to be asked to express that opinion.

That's because it's completely irrelevant whether they're male or female - hence she wouldn't ask.

*Sigh* I have never said I would not want them in the company of a male teacher, I have said I PREFER female as generally they are better. Very simple TLO.

Paying customers eh? I never brought that up this time - but yet you do...

I have no doubts people find my views victorian or whatever label you wish to place on it. Go ahead, feel free. NSC is about opinions on all matters, yet once again it seems a minority seem to be unable to accept an opinion contrary to their own. The inability to debate without insult is boring.

Apologies to Goldstone Rapper for again ruining his thread.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The inability to debate without insult is boring.

To be fair, you started this thread by saying you weren't going to debate it again (three pages later....)

Which I can understand, as you were exposed as being very prejudiced first time round.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
To be fair, you started this thread by saying you weren't going to debate it again (three pages later....)

Which I can understand, as you were exposed as being very prejudiced first time round.

Indeed I did, but what joy you are..

Your views on society must mean most people you come across you believe are prejudiced. Whereas I believe it is acceptable for a particular sex to be better at something than the other. Not too hard is it?

Sad really that it isn't acceptable to you few to entertain the attitude that that women are in general genitically more equipped than men to provide early years care. I appreciate there are exceptions, which I have quite happily stated would be welcome, but to argue the status quo appears unpalatable to you. Odd.

I'm off to bed. Thanks for reminding me I wasn't going to get involved.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You really want me to trawl through 9,000 of your mostly spamming, trolling posts just to please you? Get over yourself.

do I have to lead you by the hand through it? Just search "looney cut n paste" or plaigarism. Surely one must have a link to my faux pas? No wait, they haven't because it bullshit and your just a tedious parrot.

You see if someone had said LTO had been plaigarising, I would say what and where? Get it nailed for future reference. I bet I could find your famous flounce in less than 2 minutes. Its easy, but then again your full of shit.

Your games busted, try a new angle victim, mmmk?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Indeed I did, but what joy you are..

Your views on society must mean most people you come across you believe are prejudiced. Whereas I believe it is acceptable for a particular sex to be better at something than the other. Not too hard is it?

Sad really that it isn't acceptable to you few to entertain the attitude that that women are in general genitically more equipped than men to provide early years care. I appreciate there are exceptions, which I have quite happily stated would be welcome, but to argue the status quo appears unpalatable to you. Odd.

I'm off to bed. Thanks for reminding me I wasn't going to get involved.

But at the end of the day, that is all just noise, meaningless. You are prejudiced on this issue, by the dictionary definition. Why don't you just admit you are? That would have been far easier for you. You are trying to say 'No I'm not', but everything you say confirms the opposite. You just don't like the word 'prejudiced', but it's your views that need changing, not the terminology. It's a debating cul-de-sac, and you should have stopped digging ages ago.

In my daughter's nursery arguably the most motivated, popular and inspirational member of staff for the kids is a young guy (of course, in a huge minority) who at weekends does Soccertots classes for extra money. So they all get his skills for free during the week, in addition to his other roles. How many 'exceptions' do you need before your argument collapses?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
do I have to lead you by the hand through it? Just search "looney cut n paste" or plaigarism. Surely one must have a link to my faux pas? No wait, they haven't because it bullshit and your just a tedious parrot.

You see if someone had said LTO had been plaigarising, I would say what and where? Get it nailed for future reference. I bet I could find your famous flounce in less than 2 minutes. Its easy, but then again your full of shit.

Your games busted, try a new angle victim, mmmk?

Is it absolutely imperative that you prove your lack of worth? You want me to type in 'plagiarise' or 'looney cut n paste' and you think that will turn up proof that you don't quote spurious and dubious reports to back up your f***ed up view of everyone but yourself? You're getting worse - a total fuckwit. I didn't think that was possible.

You can find my flounce thread in 10 seconds because it is in NSC Gold. I know I made a berk of myself. I know when I'm wrong. You don't know when you're wrong because you don't know when you are right. In fact, you just... don't know.

All you've done is add nothing, and spam this thread. What is evident is you're posting to people who know what they're on about, and you don't. You've been told this time and time again, yet you insist on coming on here, thinking you know it all and merely embarrassing yourself.

However, in searching your posts (you can only go back 400 posts) I did like it when you got owned in the local election thread and the grammar/spelling thread. That was a new low in the histories of arse-scraping even for you - telling people far more intelligent than you that wrong was right and right was wrong, and ultimately looking to all intents and purposes like someone who just needs to hide somewhere.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Is it absolutely imperative that you prove your lack of worth? You want me to type in 'plagiarise' or 'looney cut n paste' and you think that will turn up proof that you don't quote spurious and dubious reports to back up your f***ed up view of everyone but yourself? You're getting worse - a total fuckwit. I didn't think that was possible.

You can find my flounce thread in 10 seconds because it is in NSC Gold. I know I made a berk of myself. I know when I'm wrong. You don't know when you're wrong because you don't know when you are right. In fact, you just... don't know.

All you've done is add nothing, and spam this thread. What is evident is you're posting to people who know what they're on about, and you don't. You've been told this time and time again, yet you insist on coming on here, thinking you know it all and merely embarrassing yourself.

However, in searching your posts (you can only go back 400 posts) I did like it when you got owned in the local election thread and the grammar/spelling thread. That was a new low in the histories of arse-scraping even for you - telling people far more intelligent than you that wrong was right and right was wrong, and ultimately looking to all intents and purposes like someone who just needs to hide somewhere.

LULZ Oh Irony. I stated more than once I'm dyslexic and cant spell for shit so diving in a thread that does have self clowning potential. I can joke about myself, it stops me from turning into one like you.

Ive contributed to this thread, unlike you and the other no mark Wilko I do not feel the need to insult Tedebear just because I dont agree with her and she challenges my ow so precious beleifs. I dont agree with her or you either, simply because you bring nothing, nothing original.

And the funniest thing Sucker is you dont even understand the implications of what you are mindlessley parroting so let me lay it on you like T1000 schooling Myles Dyson about Cyberdine Systems.

Acussing someone of plaiggarism etc is another way of saying "OW NOES, THAT WAY TO CLEVER FO THAT PERSON TO POST, I IZ GETTING OWNED, HE MUST OF COPIED IT!"

Heh well thanks loser, but I copy nothing, I really am capable of running rings round you mentally and physically by the gist of your username, unless thats a reference to your ego. The problem is you dont get it, you never will get it. I'm no genius, but I pick and choose what arguments I get into for a reason. I dont run in with an ideological crib sheet to start braying like a pompous jackass everytime someone blasphemes against my holy politics, you self important clueless windbag.

You owe tedebear an apology for calling her a bigot imo. I dont agree with her, well about 20% agree and 80% dont. But i dont need to work myself up into a self rightious arrogant prick and start abusing her over it. People have different views and beleifs, right or wrong. Why dont YOU start being less prejudiced to those who dont share your carbon copy leftist view of the world?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here