Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O.K, Crystal Palarse question...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm prety sure that something bad happened,

I thought it was a Palace fan that got stabbed, or maybe that was another year. Definately early 80's tho and we definately won!! I too was on a coach held up by the police whilst a witness tried to identify someone. Once we left, the police blocked off the traffic so that all of the coaches could get out of Croydon pdq.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
it's funny my no.2 side is swansea have been a fan for 33 years.but brighton is and always my first love.

Jan 30, 2008
There was sadly a darker side, I went to a Boxing Day game at Selhurst around 1981 (I think), Albion won 1-0 but after the game an Albion fan was knifed and I think died as a result. I don't think the "Palace burning song" was heard before then.

I actually got back to Brighton on an Albion supporters' coach, as I lived in Eastbourne and there were (and are) no trains on Boxing Day, stupidly. I didn't exactly make myself conspicuous. I remember the Bill came on the coach asking our names and addresses, Walt Disney characters seemed to figure quite highly...
what a load of bollocks, it was a palace fan that got slashed, Brighton coaches got held after the game :dunce:

And ... especially for natterjack's amusement - we mustn't forget the brilliant Mark Walton.

:D He used to be our youth GK mid 80's, then he did a load of clubs before playing for Albion.

I can always remember him dropping a clanger when playing in a Swans v Cardiff derby (he joined them after Albion) and we won 2-1 :jester:

it's funny my no.2 side is swansea have been a fan for 33 years.but brighton is and always my first love.

I suppose you only ever get one team really - although you can be fond of other teams they never come anywhere near your #1 team.

It's a shame Albion have only 2 widweek home games this coming season as I was hoping to take in more matches at the lovely Withdean :ascarf:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
pretty sure we sold out our allocation of 5,000 for that horrific 5.0 game. we then took 3500 for the sweet 1.0 victory 2 years later on a thursday night.

that 5.0 game was a horrible horrible day.

however i can just about come to terms with that defeat because i have convinced myself that we're going to beat them 5.0 first season at falmer. i just know it

:D He used to be our youth GK mid 80's, then he did a load of clubs before playing for Albion.

I can always remember him dropping a clanger when playing in a Swans v Cardiff derby (he joined them after Albion) and we won 2-1 :jester:
I tried to find a clip of that on youtube, but failed.

One of the worst goalkeeping errors EVER. And there's plenty of competition for that honour.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
pretty sure we sold out our allocation of 5,000 for that horrific 5.0 game. we then took 3500 for the sweet 1.0 victory 2 years later on a thursday night.

that 5.0 game was a horrible horrible day.

however i can just about come to terms with that defeat because i have convinced myself that we're going to beat them 5.0 first season at falmer. i just know it

That sweet 1-0 victory is my fault we went down that year !

Im sorry to say when we scored i turned to the wife and said "i would swap a victory for going down if we hold on" after she was swept away down the stairwell area during the Celebrations .................sorry chaps.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
:shrug: its the truth

Boxing Day 1981, came out of the ground from the corner terrace (between Arthur W8 and Holmesdale) and we had to get to a massive convoy of coaches which were parked behind the Sainsburys End.
On reaching and then boarding the coaches we were all made to then get back off again and give our names and addresses to the police as there had been a stabbing (which happened to be a Palace Fan).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here