O.K, Crystal Palarse question...

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Please put one of these up on site!

Attachments

• Keep BHA Clean.jpg
    Keep BHA Clean.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 229

While we're digging out the old stuff, let's enjoy this one as well.

Attila's tribute to Paul Hardcastle ...

Schadenfreude: noun malicious pleasure in the misfortunes of others. 19c: German. from Schade hurt and Freude joy (Chambers 21st Century Dictionary)

Remember Paul Hardcastle's crap disco hit 'N-n-n-nineteen..?'

N-N-N-NINE NIL (The Paul Hardcastle Remix!)

Tuesday September 8th 1989 began like any other day in the footballing calendar, with newly-discovered Team of the 80s, Crystal Palace, travelling to Anfield to test their Colditz-like defensive qualities and mesmerising attacking skills against the sacrificial lemmings of Liverpool. Now football is a funny game, as the utterly retarded cliche goes, and on this particular evening it proved to be a very funny game indeed, in fact a positively hilarious, side-splittingly humourous one, even more mirth-inducing than David Beckham trying to define existentialism or Bill Archer attempting coitus with a paper-shredding machine. For while Palace's much-feared rivals Brighton and Hove Albion were thrashing Wolverhampton Wanderers 4-2, at Anfield the final score was Liverpool 9, Crystal Palace 0. Liverpool 9, Crystal Palace 0. N-n-n-nine nil, nine nil. N-n-n-nine nil, nine nil. And following those fateful n-n-n-ninety minutes on that hilarious Tuesday night the hapless halibuts from Selhurst Park were subjected to fierce and merciless ridicule from the rest of the football world and many of them are still living out their experiences to this day. Even now the South London branch of the Samaritans receive mysterious phone calls where the only audible sounds are donkey-like voices braying bewilderedly 'Nine nil. N-n-n-nine nil. Ee-aw! Nine nil. N-n-n-nine nil. Ee-aw! And when the Palace players got home, obviously in need of moral support and counselling following their torrid n-n-n-nine nil experience, none of them received a hero's welcome. None of them. None of them received a hero's welcome. N-n-n-none of them. The long term effects of such an unbelievable n-n-n-nine nil annihilation are hard to predict, but it seems likely that many of the Crystal Palace squad may have been be so demoralised that they may have been forced to leave professional football and sign on. S-s-s-sign on. Sign on. S-s-s-sign on. S-s-s-sign on, sign on. S-s-s-sign on, sign on. A worse fate even than this may well have befallen the Palace goalkeeper Perry Suckling, a man who, rather like the Queen Mother, wears gloves for no apparent reason, for his intense feelings of humiliation may well have led him to emigrate, and sign on in Vietnam. V-v-v-Vietnam. S-s-s-sign on. V-v-v-Vietnam. S-s-s-sign on...........(repeat ad nauseam)

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
When the albion tas off properly then what are we going to do for a rival. i duno, the palace are just so poxy like in that watford kind of way that i dunno, whilst its in the blood to hate em its a it well embarrassing. i kind of thin qpr are more cool and on our level when we get going. We have had a few decent turn outs up there as well.. qpr as a rival anyone?.. i know nice thought but suppose we are stuck with the palace. lets just hope the trains are not having railworks next time they are due dwn our way. maybe petition southern rail for them or something?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I'm really looking forward to the day when we can sing "cheerio, cheerio" etc to them as they leave the Falm Stad after our fourth goal has gone in with half an hour still to go. I actually dreamt this the other night and it's going to come true. :wink:

Jan 30, 2008
As :albion2: are now my adopted #2 team, I need an answer to one thing.

I'm not familiar with the rivalry thing with Palace, and before I start attacking people with red/blue striped tops on, I'd like a bit of background.

I can understand the Swansea v Cardiff, liverpool V Man U, etc but why do you have a hatred with that lot? Arn't Portsmouth your nearest?

It's something thats been bugging me for a while and I havent had a serious answer from any Albion fan I've spoken to yet.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
most of the mugs on here have never been in a row, APART FROM A INTERNET ONE :rolleyes:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I do. Had the entire side except a bit left for segregation. In the 1970s we also had the entire White horse stand a few times. Ask your old timers on that one tho'.

Just for the record (Cut and Pasted from the BHA official site):

Coppell had this message for the 4000 Albion fans who made the journey up the M23: "I can't offer Albion fans any positives after this match because they would be false. I can only apologise for the performance and assure them that nobody is hurting more than me."

If you can be bothered here's the whole piece:

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/MatchReportOld/0,,10433~18381,00.html

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Just for the record (Cut and Pasted from the BHA official site):

Coppell had this message for the 4000 Albion fans who made the journey up the M23: "I can't offer Albion fans any positives after this match because they would be false. I can only apologise for the performance and assure them that nobody is hurting more than me."

If you can be bothered here's the whole piece:

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/MatchReportOld/0,,10433~18381,00.html

lol it was far more than that. we took 4K to port vale for an end of season party when we won the 4th div or whatever it was called then. we had over 3k for the evening game at your place when we had about a quarter of that stand. either way lets hope the trains are working next time you are due down our way

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I don't get this 2nd team stuff - if we're not good enough for your 1st.....? Let me tell you something. I used to like Norwich for family reasons. Then, having not played them for nearly 20 years we finally met on the field of battle. I soon discovered after the first tackle went in on an Albion player that there's no such thing as having a 2nd team. Absolutely pointless pretending otherwise. So, feign an interest perhaps, but don't mug yourself off with this 2nd team business. Brighton should be your 1st team and if you've not been fortunate enough have blue and white in yer blood, then that's life buddy. Stick with your own kind I say, anything else is a little patronising.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I don't get this 2nd team stuff - if we're not good enough for your 1st.....? Let me tell you something. I used to like Norwich for family reasons. Then, having not played them for nearly 20 years we finally met on the field of battle. I soon discovered after the first tackle went in on an Albion player that there's no such thing as having a 2nd team. Absolutely pointless pretending otherwise. So, feign an interest perhaps, but don't mug yourself off with this 2nd team business. Brighton should be your 1st team and if you've not been fortunate enough have blue and white in yer blood, then that's life buddy. Stick with your own kind I say, anything else is a little patronising.
but he's from swansea, and he's only down here cos he's building falmer ???

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
but he's from swansea, and he's only down here cos he's building falmer ???

In which case, welcome brother!! Careful we don't become your 1st.... I reckon he'll be BHA by the end of his shift.... :yahoo::falmer:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bloody Nora! Who rattled your cage?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
lol it was far more than that. we took 4K to port vale for an end of season party when we won the 4th div or whatever it was called then. we had over 3k for the evening game at your place when we had about a quarter of that stand. either way lets hope the trains are working next time you are due down our way

Down your way? Your place? You dickhead-I'm an Albion season ticket holder and have been a supporter since before you were born. I was there that day and we didn't have the whole stand-nowhere near it. 4000 was it! Do you seriously believe that Palace would give us 7000 tickets? Were you there?

And yes, I was at Port Vale too. I was there in the 70s too. I think you need lessons in trying to re-write history because you're not very good at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here