Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Numpty stewards at it again.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
My recollection is that the canopy was originally installed at the expense of a sponsor - a sponsor of the football club, not the landlord.

It therefore belongs to the Club and should be maintained by the Club.

Am I alone in feeling uncomfortable about individual stewards coming on NSC and offering "freelance" (and not necessarily correct) responses on topics that have already been raised with the Club, but not answered? That's not the way to deliver customer satisfaction.

What has been raised with the club and not answered LB?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Never appear to have it checked? Are you suggesting they do somehow check it but you are unaware as to how?

Nope they never bother to look what is inside

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What has been raised with the club and not answered LB?

I think he's referring to me, but it has nothing to do with the stewards.

In fairness neither has it anything to do with the canopy on this point, which NMH has been commenting on - albeit a little inaccurately.

Wish I'd never posted about it to be honest. I was simply asked a while go to sit down in certain circumstances in the disabled area which I felt was pretty pathetic.

Something got me riled on this thread, and off I went. I am still waiting for a response from the club, but to honest perhaps I should have kept it off the board.

In retrospect I don't want people think that somehow the club aren't treating the disabled supporters correctly, because they are and it really a separate issue.

Just ridiculous that a helper on the disabled area gets singled out over the CCTV for standing. Actually completely ridiculous.

Last edited:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Grounds vary, at least as far as visitors are concerned.

Stood through most of Carlisle away, where we had a large area to ourselves, no hassle (they do have two large non-seat terrace areas for home fans, not many like that any more).

Stood all through Hatlepool FAC replay, beside two burly stewards. Nary a squeak.

I tell a lie - I sat throughout half-time!

I've never seen anybody thrown out for standing - except when they agressively refused to sit when told to.

Almost all away grounds are quite tolerant, so long as you don't set out to make an issue about it. Sit down when told to soon after kick-off, when senior stewards are about, showing they are administering the rules. Usually after that, providing only enthusiastic, not aggressive, most stewards most of the time do not set out to spoil enjoyment.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Hmmm a withdean Dayglo day i kinda like wolfie smithness of that! :thumbsup:

Yeah I think that's great. I've got a high-Vis jacket from my days working at Gatwick. We could all tell each other to sit down and watch the match drinking tea without the need for the stewards to be there at all.

D

Deleted User X18H

It is very bizarre this anti steward thing as today when I entered the ground another fan took great exception and was quite forceful to a steward who dared to ask to search him.

I go into the ground every week with a bag on my bag yet never appear to have it checked.
Cos you look quite hard Beachy ............like Vinney:lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I have a rather large collection of Dayglo tops in various sizes and striking colours.collected from a array of strange jobs that require the wearing of such power creating attire! Im particuarally fond of my bondi beach lifeguard off the shoulder number. Unfortunately ive none of those tiny black moustaches that sit upon the top lip. :thumbsup:

Not worth going on about the canvas it's fixed now, but there was no excuse about getting it fixed. Absolutely no excuse at all. A vague excuse that the stadium isn't under the control of the club and it was allowed to sit there flapping around doing nothing is a rather weak.

Well it WAS a subject I raised back when it was a torn rag, and now it's fixed - so what more can you ask for on that subject?
I've also discussed the green nylon fibre fencing in the SW corner (damaged even more during the ManCity game), which is now fixed up with new material.
Not my doing in either case, but when the voices are heard, things do get fixed.
I don't know all the running of a club like ours in a borrowed stadium, but I imagine everything that needs doing has to go through channels and land on desks - so won't be expected to be done with a snap of a wealthy finger like it might at a Chelsea or Arsenal.
The pitch is magnificent!...... but we don't have a roof. We can go on and on about complaints like that (and about crowd control regulations that can't be waived aside), but all the while the club are focusing on a new stadium! Well then, we are looking forward to a cake and eating it, but making a fist of complaining about the meagre meantime.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dad, you cam't say that, you wasn't there :dunce:

Yes I f***ing was , stood next to you at Brunton Park with Mike C Gull stood the other side of you , twat.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
It's nothing to do with being a Brighton fan - the stewards are trying to enforce the rules - the same rules every club is MEANT to abide by. Try picking on the rule makers rather than the stewards - or are you too stupid to understand that the stewards don'tmake the rules ??

It's the pompous officials that have made the rules and ONLY them that can revoke them so anybody that is so stupid to think that complaining about the stewards will change the situation has clearly already had a lobotomy.

That's why I said 'officials' (stupid - your words not mine), which includes those who make the rules and those who enforce them. Not that any 'rules' go down to the 8th degree that the Withdean SS enforce so you have to admit there's a lot of 'artistic licence' going on. In football the steward is always right even if they provoke a situation, call you a c u n t and man-handle you out of the ground. Same with anyone committing the same offence when 'drunk'; the mere mention you've had a drink (even half a shandy) means you're in the wrong immediately, not matter what.

Regardless, with you towing the party line, I'll look for leadership come the revolution elsewhere. Hardly Che Guevara material are you, son?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
2 calls on the phone-in highlighting the orange nazis antics again. One guy with his mate told they couln't leave by the normal exit , could have turned nasty if there were others prepared to take up the argument. Secondly a bloke in H block gets told to sit down when trying to get the crowd to join in the singing, FFS , when he goes for a slash at half time he is told by the same st****** that he was picked up on cctv and was given a warning about his conduct. No wonder there is no atmosphere with this happening.

but the boys in blue (and one lady) all got their cups of tea 10 mins into the second half, so it was good to see they kept warm whilst chatting and doing f*** all after this incident

(not you Steward433 as you werent there)

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
It's "sit there like LEMONS" you berk.
Lemmings do the SENSIBLE thing, and suicidally throw themselves off the South Stand in unison.

that is a myth, lemmings do not commit suicide.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Supporter that was told to sit down and turn around and face the pitch was Beany, a good mate of mine who remained jovail about this but deep down was furious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here