Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Numpty stewards at it again.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
You don't understand how difficult it is stewarding, and not being issued with truncheons.

NMH

Out of interest.
Did your stewarding duties today involve..................

"looking under cubicles" ? ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He WASN'T STANDING. He was sitting down and turning to face the people behind him.

I didn't see him but the original post said HE WAS TOLD TO SIT DOWN !!!

I was comemnting on that post - standing is not allowed and it doesn't take many brain cells to work out who's fault that rule is. Yet the stewards ALWAYS get the blame.

If indeed what you say is correct fine -then the action taken was over the top - but as I was commenting on alledged facts from the original poster I still stand by my statement.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
I didn't see him but the original post said HE WAS TOLD TO SIT DOWN !!!

I was comemnting on that post - standing is not allowed and it doesn't take many brain cells to work out who's fault that rule is. Yet the stewards ALWAYS get the blame.

the premier league week in week out has masses of people standing.

england internationals have masses of people standing

european leagues have widespread standing

this summers european championship final was played out in front of a crowd largely standing

its only infront of a poxy 6000 crowd at withdean that stewards get so het up about the law on standing,and it aint a f***ing law it is a regulation

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
its only infront of a poxy 6000 crowd at withdean that stewards get so het up about the law on standing,and it aint a f***ing law it is a regulation

Who said it was a law ?? It's a condition of the safety certificate AND a leagure regulation. I'm not sure what the problem is - if you don't like the conditions of sale then don't buy the ticket. If you don't like the regulations then write to the club, the league, the FA, your MP and the Home Office - it's hardly the stewards fault. Of course for those who like to take the easy route it's far easier to call the stewards Nazis than take on the people who are really to blame.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Who said it was a law ?? It's a condition of the safety certificate AND a leagure regulation. I'm not sure what the problem is - if you don't like the conditions of sale then don't buy the ticket. If you don't like the regulations then write to the club, the league, the FA, your MP and the Home Office - it's hardly the stewards fault. Of course for those who like to take the easy route it's far easier to call the stewards Nazis than take on the people who are really to blame.

still not reading are you.where did i insult anyone and where else is this "regulation" taken seriously?

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
and why do they tolerate standing in other areas of the ground.in particular on the rear passageway of the north stand. why is it only the kids in H block who are expected to comply?

Jan 30, 2008
Their normal exit was probably walking up a hill and jumping the fence

I very much doubt that tells the whole story.

What is our obsession with moaning at stewards anyway? Really annoys me when they try to comply with the law, stopping people standing up the whole game and they get abuse for it!

If we don't sit down, then we could be fined, is that what we really want?
shut up goody goody :nono:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think we know exactly where this is coming from and it isn't the stewards.

I was asked to sit down a few weeks after being observed over the CCTV as standing in a non seating stadium.

I was standing behind my dad's wheelchair in the disabled area on the running track.

The reason being that there wasn't much room in there, it was raining and we made sure all the disabled fans were under the canopy.

So for 3 or 4 of us there was no way room to sit down with the person we are supposed to looking after. There simply wasn't room.

I had no choice but to stand behind my dad's wheelchair with my back to the fence. Quite frankly I would rather have been sitting down.

Apparently this was deemed to against the rules of the stadium and had to leave my dad and sit on a chair on the running track well away from him. Actually just away from the canopy, so not only did I get soaked from the rain - I had to endure the rain pouring off that as well :)

I'm still waiting for an explanation from the club over this act of utter utter pettiness.

But not the fault of the stewards, there were quite frankly embarressed to be making such a request.

Last edited:

still not reading are you.where did i insult anyone and where else is this "regulation" taken seriously?

Who cares where other people get allowed to stand, smoke, wank, shout obscenities, racism, incite violence, swear around kids.... whatever!?

It's not allowed at Withdean, and your SILLY whinging and wailing is pith in the wind. :O
We are not running a shambolic outfit of who-cares-what-happens at WITHDEAN, not for the sake of some malcontents who would try having anyone believe we should.
Withdean is no ordinary mega-stadium, and don't we KNOW it by now ffs?
It is what it is, we are lucky we even have that, and we are on the cusp of getting something now.... very-much BECAUSE we have an excellent record of behaviour AT WITHDEAN. We do observe the rules and regulations, and we are RESPECTED throughout the football world for our observation of rules and regulations. It HAS to be that way as well, so that the sensitive location we exist in is even available to us! It has paved the way for the nod we got for Falmer!!

Now just shuddup, you pathetic termagant.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
WOW bob well impessed

but then bluff bullying and exagerration are all standard tactics of cowboy builders so we must expect you to bring your best qualities to your part time occupation.

I think we know exactly where this is coming from and it isn't the stewards.

I was asked to sit down a few weeks after being observed over the CCTV as standing in a non seating stadium.

I was standing behind my dad's wheelchair in the disabled area on the running track.

The reason being that there wasn't much room in there, it was raining and we made sure all the disabled fans were under the canopy.

So for 3 or 4 of us there was no way room to sit down with the person we are supposed to looking after. There simply wasn't room.

I had no choice but to stand behind my dad's wheelchair with my back to the fence. Quite frankly I would rather have been sitting down.

Apparently this was deemed to against the rules of the stadium and had to leave my dad and sit on a chair on the running track well away from him. Actually just away from the canopy, so not only did I get soaked from the rain - I had to endure the rain pouring off that as well :)

I'm still waiting for an explanation from the club over this act of utter utter pettiness.

But not the fault of the stewards, there were quite frankly embarressed to be making such a request.

In your case, it does seem like a bit of a rough one. If there was accommodation for your seating in that instance, it would have been much better for all - but it appears that this wasn't available. The canopy has been recently repaired/replaced for the disabled there, and it's barely a 'facility' for them.
The helper gets in for free though, and has to then endure the same lack of facilities as the paying customers in the South Stand. They do also have to come prepared or buy a plastic poncho. I'm afraid it's a rough-with-the-smooth kind of situation for you there.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The bloke in H block sits right in front of me. Yes he was standing to try and get the crowd going, but half the stand was stood up anyway. Why call it a singing section if you cannot stand up for 5 seconds to start a song? Was quite funny though as he turned his jacket and hat around to make it look as if he was facing the stewards whilest turned around.:D
there was another incident where another guy next to him had a steward talk to him, but was in his ear so didnt know what it was about.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Who cares where other people get allowed to stand, smoke, wank, shout obscenities, racism, incite violence, swear around kids.... whatever!?

It's not allowed at Withdean, and your SILLY whinging and wailing is pith in the wind. :O
We are not running a shambolic outfit of who-cares-what-happens at WITHDEAN, not for the sake of some malcontents who would try having anyone believe we should.
Withdean is no ordinary mega-stadium, and don't we KNOW it by now ffs?
It is what it is, we are lucky we even have that, and we are on the cusp of getting something now.... very-much BECAUSE we have an excellent record of behaviour AT WITHDEAN. We do observe the rules and regulations, and we are RESPECTED throughout the football world for our observation of rules and regulations. It HAS to be that way as well, so that the sensitive location we exist in is even available to us! It has paved the way for the nod we got for Falmer!!

Now just shuddup, you pathetic termagant.

NHM

Yesterday you were boasting on NSC about your experience when "you helped police with there enquiries" to look under cubicles in a mens public toilet!!

Tonight you are posting the following!!.........................

"Who cares where other people get allowed to stand, smoke, wank , shout etc etc "

I am starting to worry about you!! ???

ps is "wanking" at Withdean against ground regulations?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In your case, it does seem like a bit of a rough one. If there was accommodation for your seating in that instance, it would have been much better for all - but it appears that this wasn't available. The canopy has been recently repaired/replaced for the disabled there, and it's barely a 'facility' for them.
The helper gets in for free though, and has to then endure the same lack of facilities as the paying customers in the South Stand. They do also have to come prepared or buy a plastic poncho. I'm afraid it's a rough-with-the-smooth kind of situation for you there.

With all due respect, you don't need to tell me what the disabled area is like, I've been going in there for a number of seasons :lolol:

"A bit rough" - f*cking pathetic in my opinion. Surely those monitoring the CCTV have better things to do than zoom in on the helpers in the disabled area. Obviously not.

The stewards in there are great by the way.

As for the canopy, it was unavailable for ages whilst the club buggered around getting it fixed. I've never posted about that on here, but frankly it was disgraceful.

It was only recently that it was ever used when the wind was blowing.

Problem is the pathetic canopy is so small, that if you get quite a few in there it simply isn't big enough to ensure all the wheelchair users who wish to stay as dry as possible can get under there.

In reality that doesn't happen that often, but when it does in the past a few helpers end up standing at the back. I've only done it a couple of times, second time it was deemed as being somehow dangerous to health and safety.

Pathetic.

As for getting "in free" I don't, and as well as you know (or should do) that's actually inaccurate.

Strictly speaking the season ticket is a "disabled person and helper", but I only do half a game in there and am the owner of a fully paid up season ticket. So I'm quite aware of the experience of a paying supporter in the South Stand - I am one.

Oh and by the way, if anyone from the club is reading this, I'm still waiting for a response.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here