Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Numpty stewards at it again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
2 calls on the phone-in highlighting the orange nazis antics again. One guy with his mate told they couln't leave by the normal exit , could have turned nasty if there were others prepared to take up the argument. Secondly a bloke in H block gets told to sit down when trying to get the crowd to join in the singing, FFS , when he goes for a slash at half time he is told by the same st****** that he was picked up on cctv and was given a warning about his conduct. No wonder there is no atmosphere with this happening.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
2 calls on the phone-in highlighting the orange nazis antics again. One guy with his mate told they couln't leave by the normal exit

Their normal exit was probably walking up a hill and jumping the fence

Secondly a bloke in H block gets told to sit down when trying to get the crowd to join in the singing, FFS , when he goes for a slash at half time he is told by the same st****** that he was picked up on cctv and was given a warning about his conduct. No wonder there is no atmosphere with this happening.

I very much doubt that tells the whole story.

What is our obsession with moaning at stewards anyway? Really annoys me when they try to comply with the law, stopping people standing up the whole game and they get abuse for it!

If we don't sit down, then we could be fined, is that what we really want?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
And walking up the hill towards snakey lane after the game some more of the neanderthal orange coated w4nkers opend the road up for some builder's transit who had been parked on the hill, to turn round and drive through those walking up the hill.

Why was the twunt parked there? why did they let him drive through everyone?

I was fcuking cross enough without this ignorant b4stard trying to mow me down

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Because they're so over the top and feel the need to take action against every minor infringement of 'the law'.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Their normal exit was probably walking up a hill and jumping the fence

I very much doubt that tells the whole story.

What is our obsession with moaning at stewards anyway? Really annoys me when they try to comply with the law, stopping people standing up the whole game and they get abuse for it!

If we don't sit down, then we could be fined, is that what we really want?

The stewards last week at Carlisle were fine , no interference whatsoever. Those who wanted to stand up , stood at the back of the stand and there was no problem.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The stewards last week at Carlisle were fine , no interference whatsoever. Those who wanted to stand up , stood at the back of the stand and there was no problem.

Which is sensible. And wholly unacceptable at Stalag Withdean IV.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Me and my mate were cautioned by a steward the other week aswell for standing up and encouraging the crowd around us to get behind the team. What are we supposed to do sit there like lemmings??

I'll have to remember to bring the newspaper, and the gameboy next week.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Apparently I was sitting on the bar at the back of the stand today. Good call, that one stewards.

Oh, and apparently there was too many of us stood in the row, so the steward got us to sit down. It was at this point he realised there was infact the perfect number of people in the row. Another good call.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
If all this shit is true, how the f*** are you meant to get an atmosphere going? Know wonder the atmospheres so bad!

Me and my mate were cautioned by a steward the other week aswell for standing up and encouraging the crowd around us to get behind the team. What are we supposed to do sit there like lemmings??

I'll have to remember to bring the newspaper, and the gameboy next week.

It's "sit there like LEMONS" you berk.
Lemmings do the SENSIBLE thing, and suicidally throw themselves off the South Stand in unison.

If all this shit is true, how the f*** are you meant to get an atmosphere going? Know wonder the atmospheres so bad!
As far as I could tell, it is true that one fan was singled out for a warning for "inciting the crowd".

This is RIDICULOUS. It's a SINGING SECTION. How better to get singing going than by getting someone to LEAD it?

He wasn't even standing. It was the fact that he had "turned his back on the CCTV cameras" that led to the warning.

I don't blame the stewards for following instructions that they have received on the day. I blame the people who issue these daft instructions in the first place. This one made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to anyone with a seat in H / J Block, particularly those of us who know the supporter in question.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
As far as I could tell, it is true that one fan was singled out for a warning for "inciting the crowd".

This is RIDICULOUS. It's a SINGING SECTION. How better to get singing going than by getting someone to LEAD it?

He wasn't even standing. It was the fact that he had "turned his back on the CCTV cameras" that led to the warning.

I don't blame the stewards for following instructions that they have received on the day. I blame the people who issue these daft instructions in the first place. This one made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to anyone with a seat in H / J Block, particularly those of us who know the supporter in question.

and it wouldn't be so bad if they made the usual mob standing in the passageway by the radio shack sit down.

what is more dangerous standing infront of a seat or standing game after game obstructing a walkway.

double standards from the stewards again

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Secondly a bloke in H block gets told to sit down when trying to get the crowd to join in the singing, FFS , when he goes for a slash at half time he is told by the same st****** that he was picked up on cctv and was given a warning about his conduct.

sigh ...... if you want to blame anyone then blame Lord Taylor NOT the stewards. When you buy the ticket YOU agree to SIT down the WHOLE match. If you can't agree to that then DON't buy the ticket for the match. It's not the stewards fault - he or she is just doing their job - so complain to the people in power not the poor sods just trying to make ends meet.

It's amazing how often people complain about being told to sit down yet don't read the terms and conditions of the ticket. :rolleyes:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
sigh ...... if you want to blame anyone then blame Lord Taylor NOT the stewards. When you buy the ticket YOU agree to SIT down the WHOLE match. If you can't agree to that then DON't buy the ticket for the match. It's not the stewards fault - he or she is just doing their job - so complain to the people in power not the poor sods just trying to make ends meet.

It's amazing how often people complain about being told to sit down yet don't read the terms and conditions of the ticket. :rolleyes:

He turned around apparently whilst sitting in his seat. Imagine that? Life threatening. The stewards were right to take action.

He WASN'T STANDING. He was sitting down and turning to face the people behind him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here