Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Murray signs for palace

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
I'm not actually sure what he looks like, can anyone confirm if this is him or not?

attachment.php

frostie_BHAFC

May 18, 2011
Least now we know he is f***ing off to the dark side! Money is what motivates him so he has now got that! Hopefully the guy will move to shity croydon to live and save himself even more money! I dont think Brighton fans will hold him down as a legend after they way he has gone about leaving us for money, Maybe we should now thank Gus for seeing it way before we did, Gus wants people who work as a team not people who think they are the team alone! Hope he enjoys selhurst park which is the and we will enjoy hoskins scoring 20+ goals a season at the amex! Im now excitied to see who else we will sign this summer? See ya murray you money grabbing prick!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hmmm ok, don't think it's just the Palace fans who are making judgements.....

.....I rest my case!

Basically Palace fans, the Albion fans on here who are saying Murray is shit, glad we've got Hoskins etc etc are basically the same Albion fans who would be on here openly masturbating had Murray snubbed you and stayed with us.

Murray was a great player for us and he'll be a big miss. Will Hoskins fill his boots? Nobody knows just yet, a bit like no ones whether Murray will be a hit at Palace or even be able to perform consistently at that level.

People can spin stuff how they like but any Albion fan that says they wouldn't have Murray in their side is a liar.

Do I wish him well? Do I f***! I hope he fails miserably and you go down. But that bitterness has nothing to do with him wanting to leave us for money, that is just human nature! That bitterness is because he's gone to you ***** and I'm more than happy to admit that!

Depends who we sign though doesn't it? If we sign someone better or of similar quality for less money, then no, I wouldn't have him in my side. Can't really comment until all the transfers are done.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Least now we know he is f***ing off to the dark side! Money is what motivates him so he has now got that! Hopefully the guy will move to shity croydon to live and save himself even more money! I dont think Brighton fans will hold him down as a legend after they way he has gone about leaving us for money, Maybe we should now thank Gus for seeing it way before we did, Gus wants people who work as a team not people who think they are the team alone! Hope he enjoys selhurst park which is the and we will enjoy hoskins scoring 20+ goals a season at the amex! Im now excitied to see who else we will sign this summer? See ya murray you money grabbing prick!

To be honest I don't think any Albion fan had Glenn down as a legend? ??????

frostie_BHAFC

May 18, 2011
Well last season people had him down as one of the best strikers we have had in years! I personally think we have had better strikers but under the wrong managers! I dont like the fact he has gone to palace but im sure he dont care what any of us lot think. All i hope is that next season palace fail

TBH i hope this happens every season but more so than ever now! Lets see what happens with the transfers during the summer but im sure Gus isnt to worried about Glenn deciding to go! I cant wait for the season to start!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Depends who we sign though doesn't it? If we sign someone better or of similar quality for less money, then no, I wouldn't have him in my side. Can't really comment until all the transfers are done.

Hoskins hasn't come here to sit on the bench has he. He's come as a replacement for Glenn. I'd be surprised if we sign two strikers between now and the start of the season who'll be ahead of Hoskins in the pecking order.

Hypothetical situation, let just say none of this had happened and Murray was still an Albion player and Hoskins was a Brizzle Rovers player. Can you honestly say you'd have Hoskins in the side over him?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hoskins hasn't come here to sit on the bench has he. He's come as a replacement for Glenn. I'd be surprised if we sign two strikers between now and the start of the season who'll be ahead of Hoskins in the pecking order.

Hypothetical situation, let just say none of this had happened and Murray was still an Albion player and Hoskins was a Brizzle Rovers player. Can you honestly say you'd have Hoskins in the side over him?

I don't know, I've never seen him play. Obviously Gus rates him highly which is good enough for me. Can you honestly say that you've seen him play enough to know that he isn't as good as Murray?

Oct 25, 2003

i'd say hoskins is probably more likely to be replacement for the barnes/wood spot, with wood leaving and barnes slipping down to 3rd choice.......

there's absolutely no chance that we're going into next season without buying atleast 1, probably 2, strikers

Oct 25, 2003
at the end of the day, if you were going to count the amount of poor gus poyet signings on one hand you'd have several fingers to spare

i'm not worried

Oct 25, 2003
I think Gus has only made 3 poor signings myself. Holroyd, Batti and Baz.

i'd say definitely to holroyd, but with batti and baz they were both cheap gambles which didn't pay off.......sure they weren't great, but it didn't really impact that much, it's not like when we signed turienzo for £150k that we barely had, and in the case of baz i thought he actually showed signs of being a half decent player, but just wasn't suited to the game over here

battipiedi was shit though

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Hoskins was linded up before Murray future had been decided I believe, so it would have depended on how he would have settled in, don't forget there were times earlier this season that Murray was on the bench!! Poyet got the best out of him, I honestly think he has peaked and he will not score more than 10-15 goals max in the Championship... but time will tell.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well i do know people from within the club who let me know pieces of info as you will see from early on last week when i stated Murray had completed a medical and signed for us so have every reason to believe what im told.

I think it's common knowledge that Danns is likely to be leaving us, albeit, not 100% and he is having one final chat with the chairman this week and a final decision will be made, hence why we are yet to publish our retained and un-retained list, we are still trying to get a deal done with him, but i will admit very unlikely, but if we did persuade him to stay would be a massive signing.

Clyne, still under contract for another year, we have no desperate need to sell and the club have already said it would have to a big offer for us to consider selling and we can take the risk of letting his contract run down as we would still be entitled to a decent amount of compensation due to his age, so not definite at all that he will be sold.

Ambrose, again has been linked with QPR but that is just pure newspaper speculation, i personally dont think they will be wanting him now, and again if he was sold that would be under Dougie's approval and nothing else, so again no indication that he will be sold. Ambrose if fully fit could be lethal for us again next season.
James Vaughan is still a big target for Palace, Dougie wants to get a deal done, James has already said he wouldnt have any problem playing for Palace again next season on a permanent basis, i think the only thing that will stop this is if a Premiership club show interest. If they dont, then Palace will be his likely destination.

So in theory none of the players are definately off, Danns is the most likely to go, if Clyne and Ambrose were to be sold then as a club i would imagine we would be looking at an amount of around £4-5 million to re-invest from the value sale we would get for them.

You may be right, and your 'stars' might all stay.

Can you please just explain to me why, if they are all so brilliant, that with them in your side, Palace were utterly SHIT last season, and once again just esacped relegation?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Money motivates me too:)

If this is the case in which i suspect it is then murray will be a lazy sulky git for the first part of his contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here