Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC vs Hartys Phone-in...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Driving home tonight whilst listening to Harty's phone-in I was disappointed to hear Harty complaining about so-called Albion fans having a pop at McGhee on an Albion internet message board.

Now while I personally back McGhee and think the positives of him as manager far outweigh the negatives I can understand fully those fans whose views range from the sceptical to the "sack him now" brigade".

The point is that this, as we all know, is a results business and the Albion have won 3 league matches out of their last 31 and collected 24 points in the process, which is relegation form in anyone's language.

IMO Harty needs to be more broad-minded in his thinking - he quite rightly and repeatedly points out how important it is to stay in this division but our form is not getting the job done and so I think it is fair for a sizeable minority to take the view that McGhee should go.

Don't go mad about it, don't slag off NSC because of it, just accept that not everyone supports McGhee.

1066gull

Harty was not slagging off NSC but he was being brutally honest about the people (I'm not saying everyone) on here. Some people are on here everyday, including on Saturdays with threads like 'What is for Breakfast?'

Half the things people say on here will never ever say at Withdean or in public. They just feel 'protected' behind there computer screen as they feel no one can get to them.

A lot of things have been said just because we lost one match at home to Palace for 42 years.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Hart's not really worth paying attention to. he veers between self appointed voice of the fans and devils advocate in a desperate attempt to entice more than FG and Doris from Ditchling to phone into his post match snoozathon.
Give me NSC any day, at least among the total mongs there are posts worth reading.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Fact is Harty creates controversy so that people agree/disagree with him and phone up. He was probably just trying to encourage people from NSC to ring up and defend themselves and give their views.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Voroshilov said:
Hart's not really worth paying attention to. he veers between self appointed voice of the fans and devils advocate in a desperate attempt to entice more than FG and Doris from Ditchling to phone into his post match snoozathon.
Give me NSC any day, at least among the total mongs there are posts worth reading.

Posting !:clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The way Harty paints NSC to listeners who don't read NSC or know much about it is that it's full of people spouting shite and is a forum for malcontents, which doesn't really do much to promote this forum.

I reckon that NSC is an important source of news and a healthy barometer of how the fans feel about important issues affecting the club.

It is also the perfect forum to vent ones spleen - far better to call CKR a twat on here and get it out of your system than to barrack the guy at a match.

Jul 20, 2003
Voroshilov said:

and that

as they say

is that

and on the plus side some of the total mong stuff is quite entertaining

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
sir danny cullip said:
Fact is Harty creates controversy so that people agree/disagree with him and phone up. He was probably just trying to encourage people from NSC to ring up and defend themselves and give their views.

It's a way of trying to get the fans to ring in. Unfortunately it is having the opposite effect because they don't want to.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's not a very effective way Yorkie, IMO.

Let's get real here - How many of these so-called keyboard warriors who slag off McGhee and have up to 5 different usernames are there on NSC? I would estimate a handful at most. Hardly representative of NSC, a threat akin to that of the BNP on the political spectrum is a better analogy.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Exactly. So why does Harty make such a big deal of it (and come on here to slate members of Nsc)
Poor Lush, Tom Hark and Lord Bracknell have all copped for it at one point.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Toronto Seagull said:
Personally I wouldn't get anywhere near your ARS to slate it. ;)
All real fans are 100% behind Ernest's ARS.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Much rather be behind it than up it.

Ernest said:
Harty has never slated me as he recognises what my ARS has done over the years :clap: :clap: :clap:
And I thought it was all down to CFC's.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Pavilionaire said:
IMO Harty needs to be more broad-minded in his thinking - he quite rightly and repeatedly points out how important it is to stay in this division but our form is not getting the job done and so I think it is fair for a sizeable minority to take the view that McGhee should go.

Don't go mad about it, don't slag off NSC because of it, just accept that not everyone supports McGhee.

I'm totally with you here. I make no secret of the fact I am backing McGhee, and have always believed him to be the right man for the job. BUT at the same time, the people who want to moan and make a fuss are perfectly entitled to. After all, were he managing another club with the same percentage of wins he'd probably be facing the sack. It's just that we are lucky enough to have a patient and reasonable board who understand that our hands have been tied for a long time, and they realise that getting trigger happy will not solve anything.

So the record at the moment isn't great, but it could be so much worse.

HOWEVER, those that are moaning about it are entitled to their opinions. And whilst I tend to ignore their rants as the opinions of the clueless, there is no reason why they shouldn't be expressing their dismay. After all, we are all supporting the same club, and just because some of us are looking at a wider picture than others, doesn't make them any less valuable fans for their rants about McGhee and the team.

I'd love it if we were doing better, but we aren't and we've got more than enough excuses for it. If people choose to ignore those excuses then let them.

At the end of the day nobody here or on the phone in is claiming to represent the views of all the fans, so let them have their say. Freedom of speech is a given right we should be grateful for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here