Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Summer Kickabout, Thursday 10th August onwards @ 6.30, Preston Park

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Redhead said:
I'll pop down for a kick about, If someone will be so kind as to tell me when we're playing and where Preston Park is :dunce:

Best way to get there is to get to Preston Park train station, head out of there and straight down the road, the park is pretty much directly opposite (at least, I think it is. If not, I may well end up in the wrong place, lol).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
So it Thursday 10th August. Sounds good to me, I shall definitely pop along. May I suggest that some teams are sorted out beforehand, rather than another shambles when people turn up?

me and badger are a FEROCIOUS centre back pairing

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fragmented Badger said:
Not quite. You have to come out of Preston Park station, go down the road, then turn RIGHT at the bottom. Preston Park is about 5 minutes further along, past Preston Manor.

Well, I was sort of close-ish:)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
Are you coming Scott?

We could try and put a Crocs + Guests team together???

Centre back is a no though - I want to show off some serious FLAIR in this match, on the scale of Big Fed.

i may be there, work depending

last time we played centre back was that ludicrous off side call from the half way line, as the man burst through to score

could it be that the dream team of mccarthy, witham and stewart could be re-unioted on the football pitch for the first time in nearly 3 years, provoking memories of goggles, kieth, mamadou and ultimately barney for all to remember

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
Work depending? Just tell them to f*** OFF!

I do remember that game we played as centre backs - the lack of pace was astonishing. We were reduced to ridiculous offside calls, before deciding to hold a defensive line INSIDE our own penalty area. Shocking.

In this game, I propose that we play in more advanced positions, as that is where the flair can really show through. How do you fancy us as WINGERS?

wingers?! i was thinking more like wing backs, getting up and down the line and providing the amunition for the front men. ive always seen myself as a sort of graeme le saux

although i do recall last time we attempted to play in wider positions was against a bunch of 11 year olds in a first to 3 game, and we were so bad that we had to result to holding out for the 2-2 draw. that was the game where you walked off halfway through, tom mccarthy did laps of the pitch doing a 'sam hamman', and juan became extremely annoyed with our lack of effort

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would suggest that we formally set up two teams (each with a Captain), and then we can work out precisely who is/maybe involved, at which point either the Captains pick who they want, like in PE at school, or we can just work it out amongst ourselves.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
Are you going to allow a Croc-based team? If so, we can start to get things together immediately. We can appoint someone captain later on, but there are definitely 11 posters on here with Croc connections, so shall we form a team?

i think getting 22 people there is slightly optimistic thomas!

i would like to nominate myself as chancellor of footballing affairs for the crocs team.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
John Boy said:
I wouldn't mind being on the crocs team :wave:

as a man who will be present at the dogs night, i consider you have done enough to gain entry to the famous crocs team

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Fragmented Badger said:
Are you going to allow a Croc-based team? If so, we can start to get things together immediately. We can appoint someone captain later on, but there are definitely 11 posters on here with Croc connections, so shall we form a team?

So as it stands its the Crocs vs Alex Frutos, Kev, Adridinho, Segull Jay, Samparish and Redhead

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Fragmented Badger said:
Well both teams have to aim for 11 surely. Then, if one team falls short we can do a bit of swapping around. JohnBoy, I was counting on you being in the Croc team. Basically, anyone who has ever met or known me or Scott will qualify as a croc. Off the top of my head this means Scott, me, Tommy Boy, Withdean Wanderer, John, Scissorhands, and Kev are in, plus Damanclay if he can come, and any others I have forgotten.

AlexFrutos and SeagullJaz seem to be the main organisers who are not crocs, so I would suggest they become captains of the opposition. Do you agree chaps?

So Team Croc vs NSC select XI. I'll play got nothing better to do assuming i make the grade for the non Croc team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here