Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC slowing down

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Please note, however, that with NSC costing anywhere up to £500 per month to host,
a degree of advertising will remain

Well, you have over 7000 active members. Even if only 10% of this huge memberbase
were willing to participate in the hosting cost, you could easily give up the ads
altogether. This site looks really impressive, and is a top quality football forum;
the users will surely be willing to contribute a fiver or a tenner a year to keep it ad free.

Just an idea.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Re-visiting this.

IE8 users - how is NSC for you now?

Any other browser users getting slowness that appears to come from Skimlinks?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Re-visiting this.

IE8 users - how is NSC for you now?

Any other browser users getting slowness that appears to come from Skimlinks?

Since I mentioned it previously, no change. Still the same at work although i've got used to it. And it is the dinosaur that is IE6. Leaving my job on Thursday so will be using my phone from now on so not too fussed personally.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Now work for a different company 12000 miles away so not worried about how slow IE7 is as we now use Chrome or IE9.

On a slight tangent I just got a message up saying that the site was unavailable - request timed out.

wag chaser

Feb 18, 2009
Not got a clue what dinosaur computer I have at work but NSC seems to be getting slower and slower.
If I see that little blue circle or egg timer thingy (technical term ) this computer will be making
a swift exit out of the window.
Strangely it is only NSC and the official BHA site that i encounter this problem

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
IE definetely worst affected here (ie8). I have 3 machines all sitting here and the other 2 are running firefox and chrome and have no issues what so ever. It just takes about 5-10 seconds for all the ads to appear :(

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
NSC has been crawling along ever since Firefox updated to v14.01 on Tuesday. Amongst messages saying it is waiting for googleanalytics.com and other google related bits I invariably get a message box with this saying it has either stopped or is taking a long time to load :Script: http://s.skimresources.com/js/7722X665682.skimlinks.js:39 or another the same apart from the last 2 digits are 17. Is it a browser incompatibility ?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
My home PC has XP on which I don't think I can upgrade IE from IE8. I've given up using IE8 to view NSC as it is appallingly slow and after a while just freezes.

I have downloaded Chrome and NSC views fine on that with no noticeable delays, so I'll stick to that for NSC.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
My home PC has XP on which I don't think I can upgrade IE from IE8. I've given up using IE8 to view NSC as it is appallingly slow and after a while just freezes.

I have downloaded Chrome and NSC views fine on that with no noticeable delays, so I'll stick to that for NSC.

This is exactly where I am. Home PC runs IE8 on XP and is hopeless for NSC. A quick download of Google Chrome and use that for NSC. Problem solved (for me).

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I had the same problem on XP with IE and changed to Chrome.

Another factor was 'Norton' which screwed things up completely for me but, as I said, changing to Chrome resolved all issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here