Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC slowing down

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Incredibly slow today - even on my work computer which is normally a lot speedier. It's been fine the rest of this week and have checked and there's no known problems at this end with the network.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Another on IE8 at the moment - there are no errors but it is quite sluggish loading up the big board. Tried it with Chrome and although not as slow as IE8, there are delays of a couple of seconds loading up the big board.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Slower on IE8 since this morning

(and i was an IT Director/CTO for 25 years so no F*** all about technology, but can bullshit if cornered !)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Dont know if it's my computer, but it's crashed about half a dozen times this morning. (I,m on Firefox). Kept on repeatedly crashing about an hour or so ago, so closed NSC and had no problems viewing other sites...i.e.bbc.co.uk, hotmail etc etc

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How can you tell which version of IE you have? V V slow again today for me :(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How can you tell which version of IE you have? V V slow again today for me :(

Help > About Internet Explorer.

Unfortunately for those affected, Skimlinks is here for a little while - I want to give Skimlinks themselves the opportunity to look at NSC and diagnose any issue. If they are unwilling to (possible, we're not a big-earning customer) then I'll remove it.

If you can, use another browser, NSC is as slick as ever on this here Chrome thingummy.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Help > About Internet Explorer.

Unfortunately for those affected, Skimlinks is here for a little while - I want to give Skimlinks themselves the opportunity to look at NSC and diagnose any issue. If they are unwilling to (possible, we're not a big-earning customer) then I'll remove it.

If you can, use another browser, NSC is as slick as ever on this here Chrome thingummy.

Would it be worth disabling it on The Big Board, but keeping it active on The Other Stuff? That way they can analyse the difference on performance within the same site (and cloud server) with skimlinks on and off.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Sorry to bounce this thread but over the last few days NSC on my IE8 is taking an eternity to load. Is it just me or are others having problems?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Chrome seems to be the best browser for NSC

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I sit on my bed when using comp and, whilst waiting for page to load, I am doing sit-up's. I might have a six pack instead of a barrel by next season!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - Any news on this pls? (I cant change from IE either). It's bloody infuriating to be honest - hope they get their arses in gear to sort it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here