Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC scoop academy & training facilities

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Lets see if the ARGUS picks this up from here, if they do we SCOOPED them first

Andy Naylor probably looking at this thinking "how do I make this my exclusive"...Simple really, get out of the comfort of your office and hunt the story. That's what journalists do, and for all your fellow Argus journalists please stop ending your stories with if you know anything please contact us at....

That's where your reporting comes from and we get paid "nothing"

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Great news don't get me wrong, and I hope it happens like yesterday, but read the line;

Perry confirmed that the development of the site is subject to a satisfactory outcome of a planning application which is hoped will be submitted by the end of the year and reaching an agreement with Adur for the use of the land.

Agreements, outcome of planning application, etc. It ain't gonna be there for a while in my humble opinion.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Andy Naylor probably looking at this thinking "how do I make this my exclusive"...Simple really, get out of the comfort of your office and hunt the story. That's what journalists do, and for all your fellow Argus journalists please stop ending your stories with if you know anything please contact us at....

Simple really do what your paid for and attend council meetings :)

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
So it's proposed to meet the 'elite' grade of the new grading scale for academies :eek:

Think this is great news, makes West Sussex feel part of the project (which they are anyway). There are many young kids to convince "The Albion" are their future. Once completed perhaps a development school between Eastbourne and Hastings ?

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Why are people so sceptical on here if you read my previous posts you will know i am a proper alb fan, perhaps i wont bother in the future :-(

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I read all 5 pages and all I want to say is;

Thank you Tony Bloom, you're a f**king legend and an unbelievably good chairman.

from booker and white to premiership grade academy?....

just so proud of our club and its aspirations right now

p.s bobby smith, well done :clap: ignore the shit and take a deserved :bowdown:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why are people so sceptical on here if you read my previous posts you will know i am a proper alb fan, perhaps i wont bother in the future :-(

People are dubious because over 90% of the 'certainties' on here are bullshit, so I guess it naturally rolls along with those that get it right. I really wouldn't worry about it fella, you got it nailed on so leave it at that.

My post 4/5 up was merely pointing out what Perry has said, so I hope you don't count me as one of those detractors.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I used to live there! In Daniel Close, my mum got a council house on what was called the Mash Barn Estate soon after they were built in about 1968. The land earmarked for the training ground used to be farmland (our house, number 29 was right at the edge of the estate next to the field) but seems to have been abandoned and turned to scrub.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I used to live there! In Daniel Close, my mum got a council house on what was called the Mash Barn Estate soon after they were built in about 1968. The land earmarked for the training ground used to be farmland (our house, number 29 was right at the edge of the estate next to the field) but seems to have been abandoned and turned to scrub.

That land has'nt been farmed for a few years now, There was a rumour going round of up to 3000 houses being built on it but the Albions new training complex makes much more sense.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That land has'nt been farmed for a few years now, There was a rumour going round of up to 3000 houses being built on it but the Albions new training complex makes much more sense.

No, no, no, no, no. Build houses. That is the best idea. Don't worry about where the kids will go to school, where the adults will find work and where the residents will find doctors and dentists.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

'get out' ... He can see the site from his front garden...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The interesting thing is that when we first moved onto the Mash Barn estate there were only really the three main roads (Daniel Close, Shadwells Road and Gravelly Crescent). The bit to the north (where Woodard, Lisher and Hayley roads are now) was scrub, greenhouses and orchards, but they told us that it was earmarked for future residential developments - which is what happened. The land to the east, which was farmland all the while I lived there, we were told had been earmarked for sports development and there were going to be football and cricket pitches! Plus a new school (which was eventually built in Freshbrook Road).

I often used to think of that when Perseus was banging on about Pende as a site for the stadium. Funny to think that forty five years later what we were told is finally, at least in part, coming true!

PS As a complete aside the boy who lived opposite me in Daniel Close was Mark Organ. He's a railwayman like yourself, indeed he's now in charge of Falmer Station!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Excellent news and well done Bobby Smith.
Question - will there be any protests from the nearby residential pikey camp on Withy Patch on the A27 for the disturbances/rubbish left/noise made to them and from the cottagers that use the adjacent lay-by ?
Best make sure security is very very tight during building works and everything bolted down. lol

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Global warming, rising sea levels, low-lying land - better hope those flood defences along the Adur hold out ...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here