Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC scoop academy & training facilities

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's a ruse! All the fans will turn up there tomorrow hoping to see new players, but no, lualua, cms, woods, forlan, kanchelski, heskey, owen will all be at the university training with the rest of the squad...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It appears to be this neck of the woods...

Screen shot 2011-06-27 at 22.08.01.png

Edit: Ooops, too slow.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
There was an article in the local lancing news about local residents being concerned about people walking around the site earlier this year. They thought it was for residential development. I'm guessing it was for this.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Fantastic. Michael Owen could land his helicopter at Shoreham Airport next door.

Seriously well done, excellent news.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Get the players to run around a field instead of using a plough. That'll earn us a bob or two!

Nice idea Conk, but I'd imagine those Monks will be available for some hard labour now that their Farm's up for demolition.

Blessed are the piss-takers. :thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
awesome news....in more ways than one!

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Sorry to disappoint, but the Argus were briefed on this today! Press release embargoed until 10pm, but good scoop for NSC nonetheless!

Just to put it in perspective, the club still need to put a planning application in; tonight's verdict is basically Adur DC saying they welcome the move.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Just out of interest, was this site ever considered for the new stadium? With its proximity to Lancing station and the A27 it would surely have been a strong candidate?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sorry to disappoint, but the Argus were briefed on this today! Press release embargoed until 10pm

Is that to give them the opportunity to come up with a headline incorporating the words "New Monks Farm" and "winning habit." ?

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
That surely was a land fill site at one point, the locals should feel honoured having Gods chosen ones in their backyard. The key to this application I would imagine would be the inclusion of the local kids etc

Amazing news! Albions new home from home in my manor :D

One of those local kids should be Rhys Murphy - Arsenal Youngster.

and of course my son.

Should do wonders for the area, I'll be well happy if it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here