Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Delighted with three wins out of three in the first round of matches. I'd like to say I'm laying down a marker to the other competitors but I think I've already peaked. This next batch of questions are much tougher. I'm relatively confident on match 6 but matches 4 and 5 are pretty much all guesses. Some are educated guesses others are just stabs in the dark. Oh well!

Great quiz!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Little Estonia are thrilled. In keeping with their size, they only scored 3 goals yet still managed to muster 4 points without even playing a bye. Bobby Z has been coaching them for a couple of days to help increase their goal power, particularly against the mighty bye when one goal could make all the difference:D

You jammy git. Just 3 goals got you 4 points, even without a bye match?

You should try being in Group 2: Myself and Poland (@jessejames) scored 6 and 7 goals respectively, but only got 1 point each! :down:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely zero chance of me retaining my position above the line after these rounds. Loads of really frustrating stuff just on the periphary of my knowledge.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Quite tough those , not convinced iv'e actually got the ones i reckon i know correct either , if that was a live quiz i doubt i'd have scored more than 5 out of the 15 , some real head scratchers in there , nice one Centurion :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
20 in already. Good stuff. Keep em coming.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

You should try being in Group 2: Myself and Poland (@jessejames) scored 6 and 7 goals respectively, but only got 1 point each! :down:

I know. Once I got over how dumb I am, I was amazed and thrilled. Looking forward to playing the Mighty Bye in the next round, but if I only score 3 again I'm going struggle to make sure one of my 3 lucky guesses is against the right team!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I know. Once I got over how dumb I am, I was amazed and thrilled. Looking forward to playing the Mighty Bye in the next round, but if I only score 3 again I'm going struggle to make sure one of my 3 lucky guesses is against the right team!

Given some of it's results, the MIghty Bye © appears to be managed by Chris Hughton.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There are two questions I'm still agnonising over. The others I'm either pretty sure I've got right or are just wild guesses as I haven't got a clue.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Yes lost to San Marino. Group of death. Every competition I enter on here I always seem to be in the group of death.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Less than 10 to come in. Still 24 hours to put your answers together.

Varied results again. The number cruncher already at work.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Quite tough those , not convinced iv'e actually got the ones i reckon i know correct either , if that was a live quiz i doubt i'd have scored more than 5 out of the 15 , some real head scratchers in there , nice one Centurion :thumbsup:

Odd I found the last lot easier, time will tell though the first lot I ended up below the bye 😂

I used to do the Times crossword, some days breeze it, others just never get going.

All questions are easy if you know the answer

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My favourite answer EVER

Which two home nations reached the 1958 World Cup quarter finals ?
Answer: 4

:clap:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
My favourite answer EVER

Answer: 4

:clap:

What a ****ing idiot that person is. :dunce::dunce::dunce:I was going to say give them a points deduction, but that would be unfair, maybe give that person 10 points extra just for being an idiot.
[MENTION=3357]brighton[/MENTION]Lines it should be kept secret as to not embarrass them.:wink::wink:

:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What a ****ing idiot that person is. :dunce::dunce::dunce:I was going to say give them a points deduction, but that would be unfair, maybe give that person 10 points extra just for being an idiot.
[MENTION=3357]brighton[/MENTION]Lines it should be kept secret as to not embarrass them.:wink::wink:

I would never betray confidentiality and tell ANYONE who it was. :lolol:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Actually I'll bail you out a little...

Another offering on the same question...

Brazil Argentina

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes lost to San Marino. Group of death. Every competition I enter on here I always seem to be in the group of death.

Group Four is definitely the Group of Death!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Remaining for today (Sunday)
[MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION]* [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] [MENTION=275]MikeySmall[/MENTION]* [MENTION=35]Timbo[/MENTION]*

Very interesting round so far. Scores ranging from 1 to 14. But it's your performance against your individual opponent that counts as one very unfortunate high scorer will find out .....

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Actually I'll bail you out a little...

Another offering on the same question...

Brazil Argentina

I think I may have misunderstood the words in the question. But I'm glad little Estonia are keeping you amused - can't stop giggling now at my own stupidity. :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here