Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Naps Challenge - Whose in ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2 other points. The challenge will happen every week , Monday - Friday only until early May 2004 when the footie season finishes and if you do not declare a nap on any day it will be deemed a loser and you will show £ 10 loss for that day.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
sorry to be a :dunce: but just wanna check ive got it right.

each day, we have a tenner that you can bet to win only on a horse of your choosing.

we only count profit, not loss BUT if you fail to register a nap that day, 10 is taken from your proft total.

right?!?! :jester:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
RM - You will have £ 10 to select 1 horse. If is wins at 3-1 you will have a record showing £ 30 profit, if it loses you will show £ 10 loss. Each day dependant on whether the horse wins will affect your profit/loss, ie if you have 5 selections, 4 lose and 1 wins at 2/1 you will show staked £ 50, returns £ 30 = £ 20 loss.

Ok ?.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No raphael, I think that if you post a loser OR fail to post, then £10 is taken from your total.

I think that not failing to post is a bit harsh. I agree that someone shouldn't be allowed to have a big one or two and then not post to protect it, but people might not post for all sorts of reasons: illness, holidays, work. This should be about the best tipster, Gareth's proposal means that it's about the person who's away from his desk the least - that's not the same thing at all.

I suggest a compromise: people are allowed 20 days of not posting, but after that date £5 is taken off their total every time they don't post. We're not professional tipsters: we all have jobs to do and it's not fair to penalise someone because his work takes him away from the computer.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
I'm enquiring about this game having it's own forum.

This seemed like a good idea as:

a) The daily thread doesn't get lost on the big board before everyone's bet.

b) Easy to refer to old daily threads without having to search for it.

c) Others don't get stressed about it constantly being on the main board.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Artois

Fine with me.

Gwylan - I will go with what people want but would prefer people to try and post if they can.

I could incorporate a column , no selection , and allow up to 20 before they will be deducted £ 5 each time.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
ok gotcha!! so you can go negative? you dont get turfed out if you hit zero?

i think not getting penalised for the first few no shows is a good idea as im sure sometimes people might not make it on here by 12...

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
I am confused.

The way I understand it is as follows:

At the beginning of every day you get a tenner to bet with (i.e. it's added to your P&L).

If you lose, the tenner is taken from the P&L.

If you win, say at 3-1, then an additional £30 is added.

So if you don't bet, then surely the tenner that you get at the beginning of the day is then lost again.

If that is all correct, then you can never go into a loss.
Or am I thick :dunce:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Just found this. The original post said the deadline for joining is Sunday, but judging by the last few posts it's closed. If I can still join, count me in.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Artois said:
I am confused.

The way I understand it is as follows:

At the beginning of every day you get a tenner to bet with (i.e. it's added to your P&L).

If you lose, the tenner is taken from the P&L.

If you win, say at 3-1, then an additional £30 is added.

So if you don't bet, then surely the tenner that you get at the beginning of the day is then lost again.

If that is all correct, then you can never go into a loss.
Or am I thick :dunce:

that sounds easier. but then that might have been the idea the whole time :dunce:

i am very confused (sorry as i really am not as stupid as i'm making out here!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Me too. Not sure it needs it's own forum though.

I think it should work thus:

Day 1 - bet £10. Lose. Total -£10.

Day 2 - bet £10. Lose. Total -£20.

Day 3 - bet £10. Win @ 3/1. Total £10.

Day 4 - no bet. Total £10.

Day 5 - no bet. Total £10.

Day 6 - bet £10. Lose. Total £0.

Day 7 - bet £10. Win 6/5. Total £12.

etc etc.

Only thing that needs sorting is at what point people are 'penalised' for not betting. Like Gwylan (and my example above) I don't think you should lose a tenner for not betting on the odd day. There will be some days you just don't fancy anything.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
So in effect you are paying £10 from your pot for the privilege of having a bet.

If you lose, you lost £10. If you win, you get the tenner back and your pot goes up by the winnings.

Is that right?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bozza you have got it spot on.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Kylie & Hampshire you both in, that makes 17.

This is how it works you have £ 10 each day, you pick 1 horse to win, if it wins you show a profit, if it loses you show a loss and if you don't bet you are level. Each day your profit/loss account will change to reflect this.

Its not complicated come on get with it !. :dunce:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
RM :nono: :dunce: :ohmy: :jester: :eek: :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here