Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Naps Challenge - Whose in ?

Jul 20, 2003
£10 pledged, as with Hannibal Smith I won't be doing one everyday but I don't see that as a problem

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
10 so far this could be a serious pot of money worth winning. It will help to pay for my holiday 2004.

Jul 20, 2003
If there's 10 in it I guess you're going to be about 100-1

:)

.......sorry, couldn't resist

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Gareth - count me in, although I tend to be better at identifying 'Bismarcks' rather than finding naps. Like others I won't be able to do every day but I'm happy to pledge a tenner. Just let me know who/how to pay.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have 12, thats £ 120 for me in May ! Superb.

I will confirm the entrants and rules ready for Monday am, will need at naps by 12pm each day and will do a league table each day with each naps thread.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Deano , your in.

A nap is your best horse of the day which you think will win its race.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
14 and counting, I may be able to pay for my World Cruise yet.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
With a decent prize pot developing, would it be a good idea to have a 1st (50%) 2nd (30%) and 3rd (20%) prize fund ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Titanic

No I want it all !

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I think I'll model myself on the Morning Star tipster of many years ago (maybe he's still going?) who would always tip 33-1 shots and therefore occasionally after a couple of wins would shoot to the top of the Sporting Life Naps table with a huuuge profit, but mainly languish pathetically at the bottom...

Morning Star, now here's a quality read, and sport coverage too!

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Yes,good idea,count me in.Why not all put the tenner into a pot up front so we don't get any drop outs.We managed to put money in for the Butters appeal.Then we can set a start date and all those who have paid up are in the running.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good idea about setting the pot up first.

How are we going to run it; will it be the accumulative count of the amount we win without taking losers into account or will we take losers into account?

For example, I pick a winner at 5-1 and have £50 in the pot. The next four days I pick a loser: is my weekly total £50 or £10?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think we should do it on overall profit over the season and not winners as someone who tips the favourite each day could win.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Right it appears the NSC Naps Challenge with consist of 15 people.

Raphael Meade
Gareth Glover
Gwylan
Chapman The Saviour
Braders 7
Titanic
Pevenseagull
Hannibal Smith
Artois
Spiros
Padders
Deano's Right Foot
Seagullsgonnagetya
Oapdodge
Seagullinkent

Everyone will commit to paying £ 10 to the pot and the winner at the end of the footie season will get £ 150. Can I suggest those going on the 29/11 give their £ 10 for safe keeping to Artois if he is happy with that.

The Naps challenge will start on Monday 25/11/03 and your nap need to be made by 12pm each day. I will start a NSC Naps thread each day and the league table will appear each day.

The winner will be based on the most profit made.

I may even arrange a small trophy with " NSC Naps Champion " to be given out at the NSC summer bash 2004.

We will have £ 10 each day to put on 1 horse to win only. I will work out the profit loss based on the SP.

Right Monday it is.

Any questions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here