Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Moderators, why don't you stop swearing on this site?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Oh pur-lease won't somebody think of the children.

1362599_02bcdea730.jpg

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I didnt think kids these days could actually read, stupid bar stewards :)

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
seriously? this protective behaviour is exactly what's wrong with this country. I heard all the swear words in primary school, and I still knew they were naughty words not to be said in front of adults.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sorry richmond - you have identified the nature of this site. It is not a site which I would allow a child to use. It's your job as the parent to regulate their access on their behalf. Kids don't have the right of access to everything all the time - NSC can be childish but is not for children.

There are plenty of other sources of information about BHA that your kids could use without the fear of hearing swear words. It's your job to find these and introduce them to your kids. It's not my job to moderate my language on here and it's not the mods' (or Bozza's) job to delete swear words or deliver a 'professional' service.

Using the NSC litmus test for all conversations - you're chatting in a pub, there will always be bores who can only communicate by swearing. And is that the Landlord I can hear "no under 14's in the bar please".

Thank you - saved me a lengthy post :)

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
oh ffs

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Dont understand how someone who has just joined NSC can attempt to stop the swearing culture on here. F*ck off. It's not a kids site. If you dont like it, dont log in. Eees not complicated

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Do not agree at all, Live with it, what about when the kids got to a game and hear thousands of people singing Were ****ing brilliant what do you do then? stop being so wet.

were blooming brilliant, were blooming brilliant

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There's a time and a place,

so just to be clear, using profanities shows a lack of vocabulary and general ignorance, except when its the right time and place. a difficult and subjective judgment, though i completely agree. this post was a good example, conveying strength of feeling very well, i thought it was warranted, others might disagree.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I see on a thread 'Hillsborough Petition' that within a couple of posts the four letter swearing and abuse starts. Surely you must realise that some people, (maybe all), do not want to read this and that there are young children that are interested in and follow the Albion and look at this site.

I believe the moderators have a duty to protect viewers from this and either warn or then ban people that post with swearing content. It makes this site look unprofessional.

Bearing in mind that a major advertiser (sorry, I can't remember who but Bozza will know!) was close to withdrawing there advertising through explicit images I'm surprised the moderators seem willing to let this swearing happen. I appreciate that the issue with advertiser is different but it is in my opinion it is an unacceptable part of an excellent site.

If any of the moderators wish to contact me and discuss this I would be pleased to hear your views.

Sorry, but i don't usually critisise others posts, but this is the WORST thread i have ever seen on NSC...absolutely ridiculous.

End of.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
:angel:Swearing for me is a last resort,if required i prefer to us as an example "FOOKIN" but sometimes the odd properly spelt word is adequate..........example when Amy Whinehouse passed away,i was like,what the f***?........just prefer not to see.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Sorry but think the op is being a bit of a fucknugget expecting no swearing, makes my piss fizz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here