Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Moderators, why don't you stop swearing on this site?

D

Deleted member 18477

Agreed.

The OP is concerned about his children (who follow Liverpool..?..) seeing this site. When are parents going to realise it is THEIR job to look after and protect their children, from whatever they deem unsuitable....not NSC.

If the OP doesn't like the 'swearing' etc etc because his child/children might see it .......then don't put his selfish need to be on here before his perceived childs/childrens needs.

Agreed! Even Poyet Swears! I quote: 'We're f***ing Brilliant...' he sang that off the top of a bloody bus! I love that f***ing man!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It's all about context isn't it. A lot of the swearing on here is used for 'hard man' posturing, or abusing others.
Lets not kid ourselves it's acceptable because it's a site for grown ups because swearing isn't really a grown up thing.
There are some very good posters who never seem to feel the need swear.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I believe the moderators have a duty to protect viewers from this and either warn or then ban people that post with swearing content. It makes this site look unprofessional.

I swear in real life, I swear on the internet. If a FANS football site was all about looking professional and toeing the club line, I wuld f*** RIGHT OFF elsewhere. You won't appreciate this post, but I think the majority want swears on here... surely?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sorry richmond - you have identified the nature of this site. It is not a site which I would allow a child to use. It's your job as the parent to regulate their access on their behalf. Kids don't have the right of access to everything all the time - NSC can be childish but is not for children.

There are plenty of other sources of information about BHA that your kids could use without the fear of hearing swear words. It's your job to find these and introduce them to your kids. It's not my job to moderate my language on here and it's not the mods' (or Bozza's) job to delete swear words or deliver a 'professional' service.

Using the NSC litmus test for all conversations - you're chatting in a pub, there will always be bores who can only communicate by swearing. And is that the Landlord I can hear "no under 14's in the bar please".

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I see on a thread 'Hillsborough Petition' that within a couple of posts the four letter swearing and abuse starts. Surely you must realise that some people, (maybe all), do not want to read this and that there are young children that are interested in and follow the Albion and look at this site.

I believe the moderators have a duty to protect viewers from this and either warn or then ban people that post with swearing content. It makes this site look unprofessional.

Bearing in mind that a major advertiser (sorry, I can't remember who but Bozza will know!) was close to withdrawing there advertising through explicit images I'm surprised the moderators seem willing to let this swearing happen. I appreciate that the issue with advertiser is different but it is in my opinion it is an unacceptable part of an excellent site.

If any of the moderators wish to contact me and discuss this I would be pleased to hear your views.

What I find offensive is certain parents constantly telling everyone else how they should behave because of their children's supposed sensibilities. Life is not a bed of polite roses and it's good that children learn that. If you have children and let them use the internet and go on/in predominantly adult-inhabited places like football messageboards or pubs then that's your choice and your responsibility, no-one else's.

edit - TRHK beat me to it

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Sorry richmond - you have identified the nature of this site. It is not a site which I would allow a child to use. It's your job as the parent to regulate their access on their behalf. Kids don't have the right of access to everything all the time - NSC can be childish but is not for children.

There are plenty of other sources of information about BHA that your kids could use without the fear of hearing swear words. It's your job to find these and introduce them to your kids. It's not my job to moderate my language on here and it's not the mods' (or Bozza's) job to delete swear words or deliver a 'professional' service.

Using the NSC litmus test for all conversations - you're chatting in a pub, there will always be bores who can only communicate by swearing. And is that the Landlord I can hear "no under 14's in the bar please".

Spot on. :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I really think it would be impossible to moderate a forum for swearing without making it a full time job, and frankly I personally have no inclination to do so.

The level of what is posted on here has to reflect the majority of users and how they act at a football match. I take my son to football and he occasionally visits NSC. He has been taught to realise that swearing at football is what happens and NSC reflects this. Obviously we will moderate abuse, bullying etc but just using bad language is very much part and parcel of the game and therefore also NSC. I really can't see this ever changing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The abuse by keyboard warriors is mindless internet thuggery and usually an attempt to intimidate and should be stamped out.
But I agree with most, moderate your son, it is not the responsibility of NSC and swearing is part and parcel of life. Live with it.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Patronising post, feel free to continue to show your lack of vocabulary and general all round ignorance by using profanities rather than speaking English. I think you need to use The BBS - CPFC.ORG - Crystal Palace Football Club, you'll be at home there.

On the terraces however we like to swear at "gay boys"...as do most League club supporters, if a steward ain't looking. Be interesting to run a count of how many away supporters this season will be ejected/arrested at falmer for "homophobic abuse"...

and how many arrests for importuning in the toilets.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
My responses in that thread were out of order, but i will add that user seems to pick up on my posts, i also still want to know what the Bradford City fire has to do with the disaster, what annoyed me is that people come into threads post a response that does not mean much without giving a reason for what they believe, when questioned they get defensive on the issue, i should not have called him a moron thats all i feel i did wrong in that thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here