Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC has disappeared up it's own arse...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
...and is giving Brighton fans in general a very bad image. A lot of the stuff on here about Norwich and now Stoke has made me f***ing cringe. We've got a fantastic new stadium and are palying decent football that will hopefully get us promoted from the third division but for f***'s sake we've done precisely NOTHING yet to strut around thinking we're somehow superior to clubs like Norwich or Stoke. Get a f***ing grip or risk us losing the mainly decent image we've built up over the years with other clubs and their fans.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
...and is giving Brighton fans in general a very bad image. A lot of the stuff on here about Norwich and now Stoke has made me f***ing cringe. We've got a fantastic new stadium and are palying decent football that will hopefully get us promoted from the third division but for f***'s sake we've done precisely NOTHING yet to strut around thinking we're somehow superior to clubs like Norwich or Stoke. Get a f***ing grip or risk us losing the mainly decent image we've built up over the years with other clubs and their fans.

Top post - some of the stuff on the Stoke thread was plain embarrassing.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hear hear, all this hand wringing about Norwich is TIRESOME.

I think a lot of our fans have a small-club mentality where we have to justify ourselves at every turn but we are already doing that on the pitch so get a grip.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I doubt you will find a single post on here that suggests we are somehow superior to Stoke.

Doesn't make it an exciting cup draw though, compared to many of the alternatives.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Exactly !!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I doubt you will find a single post on here that suggests we are somehow superior to Stoke.

Doesn't make it an exciting cup draw though, compared to many of the alternatives.

But its the 5th round of the fa cup, we have no right to moan about who we get, let's just enjoy being there!

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008

Definitely agree with this. the Stoke one is debateable, more people are disappointed due to the lack of funds we could have got from a more glamorous tie, or a definite winnable game. but hey ho, we'll see how we fair against stoke.

Apart from that, I agree completely. some of the comments on this board are ridiculous and cringeworthy in some respect.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010

Who died and made you the conscience of the club?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Stoke away is a crap draw and Bennett probably isn't going to Norwich.

:shrug:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Certainly not a lucrative tie, but hey we're playing some of the best football I've seen in my short time supporting the Seagulls and we should be excited about what we've got, what we're going to get and the fact that we're in the 5th round, and thats the thing, thats all we are and we're certainly not world beaters yet. Whilst I wouldn't have said it so strongly, I can certainly see what Hungry Joe is saying...

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hear hear, all this hand wringing about Norwich is TIRESOME.

True, but let's not imagine we are the only club that has fans who over-react like that. Yesterday on TalkSPORT I heard a seemingly endless stream of Scousers who honestly didn't have the first idea why Torres could possibly want to leave them for Chelsea.

That's fans for ya.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Whilst I agree generally that we're getting a little too big for our boots at times, the reaction to the Stoke draw is simply one of disappointment. Most Stoke fans would no doubt agree that they are not the most attractive draw. As for Norwich, they are really good, very well supported club, but if one of your star players is leaving, you'd rather he went to a club which is clearly a big step up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here