Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC has changed for the wurst

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I've been on this forum (in a slightly different guise originally) since 1996, when it was the old 'Albion Campaign Pages', and I was a moderator in the late 90s/early 00's, when I used to work night shifts (had great fun deleting @dwayne 's 2am posts - sorry Dwayne).

There have been many examples of when new-ish users join and try to 'dominate' the board (I've seen it happen on other forums too). They usually just get bored after a while and go away, or drastically reduce their output when they have less time on their hands. And of course there's always the 'ignore' button...

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'm fine with it i can rely on you to give up to date up-dates if you get my meaning (y)
If I can’t shall I just troll my own thread with pages and pages of off-topic and inane remarks about … well about anything? 😂

(If you get my meaning 👍 😉)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There's too much nuance going on in this thread. Changing thread names. Adjusting people's posts. Ignoring people. Not ignoring people.

You don't get that kind of bollox on the Ukraine war thread.

If Russia drops a bomb on a Ukrainian supermarket, we old campaigners call them murdering Russian bastards.
If Ukraine flies a drone onto a Russian airfield and destroys the fighter that dropped the bomb, we all celebrate.

You know where you are on the Ukraine war thread.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
OR posting 60 posts a day AND writing theses on every political thread on NSC like numerous other posters - There are a lot of us that fall into the complaints being made on this thread

Seriously - put me on ignore. I honestly don’t care.

Adios to you too

What????? Chill a bit eh and don’t take it that a joke is not a personal attack on you…..or that ‘’complaints’’ are either…..are u really that bothered about this thread …I’m not ..i just shrug my shoulders….

Now cheer up and have a good day ..despite the weather!
PS i don’t put posters on ignore….i find the ignore thread one far far better a tool to use

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Look, I may be wrong but I would imagine I'm one of those who this thread was directed at. That thought make me feel uncomfortable. So what should I do? It comes down to a cost benefit analysis. I post on here because I enjoy the conversations, the jokes, the politics, the music and, yes, the camaraderie. It is inevitable in our diverse world that some people won't like the content and/or the volume (one probably segues into the other). So, should I make an effort to post less, or should the people I annoy make an effort to ignore me or indulge me?

There is an irony that here may well be some overlap between the people who think I should shut up and the people who mock me for my rampant use of the ignore function. So I raise an eyebrow at that....

I think, on balance, I'll carry on as I see fit. The posters who make me feel uncomfortable will remain on ignore. If I start to appear to be losing my tiny mind I am sure one of the nice moderators will feel my collar and show me the way to the door (for my own good and all that).

I will add that starting a thread that is basically attacking unnamed other users of the forum, in a sly nudge-nudge way, inviting others to gang up on them, isn't a great look. Statbro came off NSC for a while due, in part I think, to this sort of thing. I find him a bit troubling so have put him on ignore. This feels better to me than trying to bully him. And yet.....I am aware that I always jump on one particular poster when I see their posts bounced (I have them on ignore so I never see the originals). I'm feeling a bit guilty about that. I think I should make an effort to stop doing it. Happy to have my homework marked in a few weeks.

(And the correct response to this post is TL-DR :wink: )

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There needs to be a separate forum for July 2003 members!

I don't really notice any difference to be honest, if anything this is the one remaining decent online place to come and get an opinion or two compared to the absolute cess pit that is social media. There's been idiots come and go on here since day one, today isn't any different.
Well, quite.

It's getting a little bit tetchy and that really isn't needed. 99% of folk are fine on here and never get into infraction, ban, or death by angry emojis.

I've never put someone on ignore because the only person I wanted to do that to I can't. Me. Being irritated by folk is part of life.

So take a breather folks. NSC is good fun and a better outlet than all that horrible Facebooky, Twittery stuff out there.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Cheese Salad Baguette
Plain Crisps
Lipton Peach Tea

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Look, I may be wrong but I would imagine I'm one of those who this thread was directed at. That thought make me feel uncomfortable. So what should I do? It comes down to a cost benefit analysis. I post on here because I enjoy the conversations, the jokes, the politics, the music and, yes, the camaraderie. It is inevitable in our diverse world that some people won't like the content and/or the volume (one probably segues into the other). So, should I make an effort to post less, or should the people I annoy make an effort to ignore me or indulge me?

There is an irony that here may well be some overlap between the people who think I should shut up and the people who mock me for my rampant use of the ignore function. So I raise an eyebrow at that....

I think, on balance, I'll carry on as I see fit. The posters who make me feel uncomfortable will remain on ignore. If I start to appear to be losing my tiny mind I am sure one of the nice moderators will feel my collar and show me the way to the door (for my own good and all that).

I will add hat starting a thread that is basically attacking unnamed other users of the forum, in a sly nudge-nudge way, inviting others to gang up on them, isn't a great look. Statbro came off NSC for a while due, in part I think, to this sort of thing. I find him a bit troubling so have put him on ignore. This feels better to me than trying to bully him. And yet.....I am aware that I always jump on one particular poster when I see their posts bounced (I have them on ignore so I never see the originals). I'm feeling a bit guilty about that. I think I should make an effort to stop doing it. Happy to have my homework marked in a few weeks.

‘’I think, on balance, I'll carry on as I see fit.’’

EXACTLY ….and so you should ….we all have characteristics ….mine might be short and useless posts….am i going to stop nah…..i see nothing where we can’t tease/joke about them (providing it doesnt get out of control)….the OP has given an opinion….thats allowed …agree or agree to disagree

phoenix

May 18, 2009

I will add that starting a thread that is basically attacking unnamed other users of the forum, in a sly nudge-nudge way, inviting others to gang up on them, isn't a great look. Statbro came off NSC for a while due, in part I think, to this sort of thing. I find him a bit troubling so have put him on ignore. This feels better to me than trying to bully him. And yet.....I am aware that I always jump on one particular poster when I see their posts bounced (I have them on ignore so I never see the originals). I'm feeling a bit guilty about that. I think I should make an effort to stop doing it. Happy to have my homework marked in a few weeks.

Hazzer, just carry on being as mad as always wouldn't want to change you, 🃏

edit: It's a sod using google to explain all the big words mind you . :giggle:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well, quite.

It's getting a little bit tetchy and that really isn't needed. 99% of folk are fine on here and never get into infraction, ban, or death by angry emojis.

I've never put someone on ignore because the only person I wanted to do that to I can't. Me. Being irritated by folk is part of life.

So take a breather folks. NSC is good fun and a better outlet than all that horrible Facebooky, Twittery stuff out there.
Just to add to that and what Harry said, I’m obviously a target here too, maybe more-so than Harry - I am constantly mocked for the length and number of my posts (which are in the main NOT long) - it’s become a bullying trope on NSC which I find very uncomfortable and my autism is also now becoming a basis upon which to post nasty jibes - if I want to use the ignore button I will as others can with me. I have thought about walking away from NSC many times. What stops me is that the majority of people are kind, interesting and don’t feel the need to attack or constantly poke fun at people.

There really isn’t a need to make others feel like that.

Be nice. 🙏🏼

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I think that I am right in thinking we have “an NSC has gone to the dogs” thread at least once a year :smile:

I confess I did prefer it when there was a totally unpc binfest most days. Love a bit of humorous piss taking personally.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What????? Chill a bit eh and don’t take it that a joke is not a personal attack on you…..or that ‘’complaints’’ are either…..are u really that bothered about this thread …I’m not ..i just shrug my shoulders….

Now cheer up and have a good day ..despite the weather!
PS i don’t put posters on ignore….i find the ignore thread one far far better a tool to use
I put a couple of posters on ignore previously but found that you miss any new thread they start…….the ‘thread ignore’ function is infinitely better. I rarely engage in anything political and there’s a multitude of subjects I either have little or no interest in, or I know will get hijacked and become political so they go on the ignore list straight away. Actually staggering how many threads end up there in my case, and refreshing to only have to look at threads that are genuine Albion discussions or something else of interest.

Fully accept I take the piss (and expect to receive as much in return), if anyone is offended or traumatised by that then apologies - it’s never personal - but you’ll have to stick me on ignore if you think it is because I’ve always been like that and I’m probably only going to get worse 🤣

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think that I am right in thinking we have “an NSC has gone to the dogs” thread at least once a year :smile:

I confess I did prefer it when there was a totally unpc binfest most days. Love a bit of humorous piss taking personally.
I didn't enjoy the unpc binfest because it ceases to be a useful board and folk have learnt generally (aside of those who will never learn) to conduct themselves. That doesn't mean no-one can take the piss, of course they can. I miss being taken the piss out of so much that I have to do it myself sometimes.

However, the bullying and unkindness seems to have calmed. Remember, an unpc binfest generally targets the same group of people all the time. It's fine if your not part of it, but a bit like fox hunting.

I'm a sensitive chap to others. Possibly because I experienced bullying as a kid for being odd and a bit gay. So I tend to rally to the side of those who do get bullied. Zeb is a poster in question there. So what if he makes long posts ? I find most of them informative and if I don't fancy reading them I won't.

On one of non league teams I follow there is a regular poster who is on the spectrum. Constantly posts pictures at railway stations etc with nonsensical text. Most folk get it and either 'like' or quietly have them on 'ignore'. However, one or two made mention of them not being quite the ticket. I found that very upsetting as it shows that ignorance is still out there.

An 'unpc binfest' is often a thinly veiled smokescreen for 'Why can't we be cruel about people for laughs anymore ?' And is often led by those who are least likely to be on the end of it. One would hope all that stuff could be left back in the 70s.

UnPC binfests do survive however. And a short hop to Argus Comments is suggested for those who wish to have a experience of the cave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here