Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
1.0c and still wet snow.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just nipped outside with thermometer - the magic zero has been attained & I can confirm the snow is starting to stick here north of the Downs...

Mind you the snowfall isn't as heavy as it was just 30 minutes ago - can I get a professional opinion upon whether I will wake to a Winter Wonderland in the morning?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
a lot of undercutting going on, with the rain coming up from the south and the cold air from the north, hence the enhancement of the precipitatinn.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
a lot of undercutting going on, with the rain coming up from the south and the cold air from the north, hence the enhancement of the precipitatinn.

Can I refer the honourable member to my previous question as per the chances of a Winter Wonderland in this part of Gods Own Country? ;)

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa - time to turn away from past glories and focus on the match at Withdean on Tuesday :lol:

Lol... That's as long as the weather holds... Unless that's what you mean, of course.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can I refer the honourable member to my previous question as per the chances of a Winter Wonderland in this part of Gods Own Country? ;)

Sorry. I'm on the mobile whilst giving my kids their dinner... The interesting thing is that you have zero degrees already... If it drops any lower, you will have sheet ice, and any snow will settle readily. It all depends on where the front goes. At the moment it's over us, but it may drift east.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
On mobile & feeding kids - are you sure you are not MAMA Lazarou? - I thought only women could do this muti-tasking thing?

Anyway still zero degrees & snow is coming down as before, the garden is now white over.

SCR obviously got it very wrong this morning - they reckoned a clear night with a brutal (minus 7 or 8 degree) frost. Not the first thing they have got wrong of course.....

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
no. I am a bloke. I think scr are correct, but that will be after the front clears through.
Multitasking is a state of mind!
Nothing much here, still 1c.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Praps i could be your assistant night time forecaster im quite instinctive about these sort of things :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Back home in Somerset now and still a bit about. Came off the M5 and through the Failand area above Bristol and the snow was really thick up there.

I rather stupidly took a small hilly back road and the (hire) car was sliding everywhere. I tried to turn round and go back to the main road but I couldn't get back up the hill. All kinds of fun...

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Praps i could be your assistant night time forecaster im quite instinctive about these sort of things :thumbsup:

It's a useful skill... I don't know the temp here now (bathing my daughter) but it doesn't appear to be snowing anymore.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Back home in Somerset now and still a bit about. Came off the M5 and through the Failand area above Bristol and the snow was really thick up there.

I rather stupidly took a small hilly back road and the (hire) car was sliding everywhere. I tried to turn round and go back to the main road but I couldn't get back up the hill. All kinds of fun...
Superb. I would have loved that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Diddly squat in Brighton as predicted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here