Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**NSC early Weather Warning - possible Snow on Friday**

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My gut feeling is that this may disappoint the snow lovers of the sussex coast, with snow inland.

Either way, it's so marginal that we may have to simply wait and see that falls from the sky... I.e. Nowcasting!

Papa, dont preach.

Yoda

English & European
Snow Update
(Updated: Thursday 05/02 22:22)
Yet again, the weather story this evening is one of another area of rain, sleet and snow moving into England and Wales.

This latest batch is currently moving through southwest and central southern England, falling as a real wintry mix, generally rain near south coasts but increasingly turning to sleet and snow further north with some very heavy bursts mixed within it.

By morning it will have moved further north and east to affect much of southern England parts of the Midlands, Wales and eventually East Anglia. In the far south of central and southeast England is likely to see mainly rain and sleet at this stage, with snow more likely elsewhere - adding to the accumulations still on the ground in places. Then through the day the band slides southeast with the coldest air steadily catching and undercutting it, increasing the risk of snowfall affecting areas further to the south and east as the day wears on.

Elsewhere tomorrow, much of the remainder of England and Wales will be largely dry with just scattered showers, but across Scotland and Northern Ireland heavy snow showers will move down from the north, becoming quite widespread.

Into the weekend it stays cold with snow showers affecting Scotland and coastal parts of England and Wales at times.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just started belting down with snow here in north Essex :clap2:

Papa .... :bowdown:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How likely do you reckon that is mate?

Don't want to get stranded up in town if at all possible.

Also next week, how we looking Tuesday/Wednesday, specifically in Crowborough, Gatwick and the bits in between?

By 'in town' do you mean London...? Because I'd expect same sleet and slow up there later in the day.

The forecast past the weekend is not clear at present. 1 of the global models goes for milder weather, whereas 2 others go for continued cold, with snow likely across the UK.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
By 'in town' do you mean London...? Because I'd expect same sleet and slow up there later in the day.

The forecast past the weekend is not clear at present. 1 of the global models goes for milder weather, whereas 2 others go for continued cold, with snow likely across the UK.

Yes, that there Lunden! Had a very brief shower this morning with massive flakes, only lasted a few minutes though and didn't settle.

Wind is very cold this morning.

Essex boys who have just got in saying they had quite a bit this morning.

Dandyman

In London village.
Yes, that there Lunden! Had a very brief shower this morning with massive flakes, only lasted a few minutes though and didn't settle.

Wind is very cold this morning.

Essex boys who have just got in saying they had quite a bit this morning.

All seems to have melted after the earlier snow showers - not sure what it will be like later mind you.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
This mornings models suggest snow this afternoon/evening...

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was meant to stay with relations just outside Hereford until Sunday.

They said not to bother coming cos I would probably get snowed in.

DRATTING hell.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Its awful here, mainly because its my five days with my daughter and she is snowbound in Shropshire and this is pants.

By that measure Hereford will be off...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm still in Lichfield where there was the lightest of dustings overnight.

However reports from Bristol are that they've had a MASSIVE dumping...

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 149

Yoda

English & European
I can confirm that the temperature recordings at Shoreham beach weather station has plummeted by 2 degrees in the last 1 hour & 40 minutes. The cold air is starting to under cut before we get anymore rain. Fingers crossed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
cold and grey skies here in Grimsby so not unlike a normal day - in August.:)

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can confirm that the temperature recordings at Shoreham beach weather station has plummeted by 2 degrees in the last 1 hour & 40 minutes. The cold air is starting to under cut before we get anymore rain. Fingers crossed.

I noticed that earlier in Worthing (i have a day off looking after my daughter).

It's 3.5c here at present... I wonder if it can fall quickly enough?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There is a lot of surface water around - if it drops to cold enough for that to freeze it could be carnage on the roads.

The forecast is for a sharp frost tonight, so it will be interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here