Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**NSC early Weather Warning - possible Snow on Friday**

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Earlier on today apparently a bloke in the builders merchants said that he had heard there was a blizzard on the way. Dave the manager told him not to worry there wasn`t but the weather would become a bit snowy later in the evening.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Papa answer me this, will there be any chance I will be off college at all this week, as in as bad as yesterday? If so what day(s)?

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Weather master, any possibility of snow tomorrow during the day?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I quite like the uncle speilberg forecasts,they remind of irish people who just tell you nice stuff to makeyou feel better. :thumbsup:

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
I'm getting woried now. I'm scheduled to be flying out of Gatwick at 9am Sunday to go skiing. Oh the irony if I can't fly to a skiing holiday because of snow in this country.

i go from gatwick on thursday, i hope it isnt delayed or cancelled:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
BBC's forecast has just changed from lots of snow on friday and some snow on saturday to sleet on friday and sunny spells on saturday for Soton!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
papa, I have to take my hat off to you. Your prediction was superb, spot on and rightly gave you the crown as resident NSC weather forecaster.

So what worries me is what happens if the snow doesn't arrive this time!! Will US be back on here, will people view you a false dawn, perhaps the Jake Robinson of the forecasting world?

I for one am hanging on your every forecasting word and have already promised the children more Cissbury Ring fun at the weekend!!

Feeling the pressure?:lol:

Yoda

English & European
Hey, Papa.

Have you seen the GFS' latest model? Not looking too hopeful for here now as it has the centre of the low pressure system almost over us. :(

D

Deleted member 2719

Papa

Will Goodwood golf course be clear of snow and water on Sunday am and will i get many birdies?

:thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hey, Papa.

Have you seen the GFS' latest model? Not looking too hopeful for here now as it has the centre of the low pressure system almost over us. :(

Yes. There has been a shift in the forecast position of the low towards the weekend.

Therefore, the chances of heavy snow down here is receding at the moment... this is supported by the GFS, and to an extent ECM and UKMO models.

However, the snow risk for Hereford has increased as a result.

The current forecast for Hereford is heavy snow throughout Thursday, and light snow and freezing temperatures on Friday, a severe frost on Friday night, and cold and sunny on Saturday.

So, in summary, this morning's models go for:

• Much reduced snow risk for Sussex Fri to Saturday :cry:
  • Increased snow / frost risk for Hereford :nono:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
papa, I have to take my hat off to you. Your prediction was superb, spot on and rightly gave you the crown as resident NSC weather forecaster.

So what worries me is what happens if the snow doesn't arrive this time!! Will US be back on here, will people view you a false dawn, perhaps the Jake Robinson of the forecasting world?

I for one am hanging on your every forecasting word and have already promised the children more Cissbury Ring fun at the weekend!!

Feeling the pressure?:lol:

Not really - all I'm doing is interpretting the current model output and passing it on to inform people. If the models backtrack on a certain outcome I will of course be personally upset, but only because I like snow, and would like to see another good fall of it; not because I have somehow failed.

That won't stop people having a pop of course :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here