Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC decides, advice please

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
He's paying for it,

He works in a chippie on friday and saturday night, and needs to stump up £50 deposit immediately, which he has, and the rest (£300) in June.

Fair play to him. Definately let him go but on the condition he also spends another 15 quid on a brightly coloured polo shirt with his nickname on the back and 'Zante 09' :thumbsup:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
What's the worst that could happen?

It's only the Med, not like he's going backpacking around Baghdad and Kabul.

True.

Also, I have to say that aged 15, I went to see Leeds v Bayern Munich European cup final with a mate and slept on the concourse of St Lazare station for two nights. But things were different then weren't they?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Id say yes

I went on my first lads holiday when I was a few month younger than him andif his mates are half decent then they will all look after eachother and watch eachothers backs.

He will have so much more respect for you if you let him go and maybe even offer to lend him some of the cash needed so hes not ging to get stung in one big go.

like others have said, Imagine ifhe was the only one who cant go.

He wouls only be 2 months away from going with or without your approval.

Its a YES from me! :thumbsup:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I say let him go. After all, if the holiday was two months later he'd be 18 and there'd be no question of him needing permission. Although it's always polite to ask! But at so nearly 18 he's on the older side of taking a first holiday with mates anyway.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
True.

Also, I have to say that aged 15, I went to see Leeds v Bayern Munich European cup final with a mate and slept on the concourse of St Lazare station for two nights. But things were different then weren't they?

Shingle

"Things were different then"

Thats a coincidence. Was only asking this question of 46CupFinals earlier on the board tonight!!???

"Got any Leeds fans football "memorabilia"?

Like a plastic seat from Paris back in '75"

ps did you bring back any of the Paris stadium with you?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I would say let him go. He obviously has initiative as he has got himself a part time job and is paying for the holiday himself. Street smarts only come with practice.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Shingle

"Things were different then"

Thats a coincidence. Was only asking this question of 46CupFinals earlier on the board tonight!!???

"Got any Leeds fans football "memorabilia"?

Like a plastic seat from Paris back in '75"

ps did you bring back any of the Paris stadium with you?

No, nothing brought back except official programme, which haven't seen for over 30 years, I think it might be in me mums loft.

On the subject of the violence, i must have been one of only a few in the Leeds end who still had a seat left to sit on at the end of the game. I hasten to add that I only went along for an adventure and because it was an English team involved. Have never had an affinity with Leeds or any other team come to that. It's only ever been the Stripes :albion2:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I say let him go. After all, if the holiday was two months later he'd be 18 and there'd be no question of him needing permission. Although it's always polite to ask! But at so nearly 18 he's on the older side of taking a first holiday with mates anyway.

Truth be told, I did let him go to Newquay last summer for 5 days with a mate, but I reckoned that if he was to get in any bother it was only a five hour drive away to sort it out. It's just that on my travels around Europe I hear so many horror stories from tour operator reps, just made me a bit nervous.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Agree with everyone else-I went on my first holiday without parents about the same kind of age. He is unlikely to do anything out there that he couldnt/wouldnt do in England anyway.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Just make sure he's got his health insurance and forms all up to date. Just in case. I'm sure he'll be fine. But with all these stories about kids overdosing on dodgy E pills, stupid levels of alcohol consumption, contracting STDs or getting some fat bird from Grimsby preggers, getting glassed in bar brawls, knived, lost in foreign cities and set upon by north african gangs, it's always best to be on the safe side.

Sir Sarcy

Hip-Hopopotamus
Jul 10, 2003
The Field
Let him go! and then tell us how bad the stories are. God bless youth filled crazyness.

This should really have been a poll by the way

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I am guessing that he is a well balanced person without any drink / drug problems else you would not be asking on here. I think he is showing you a lot of respect by asking if he can go. Some children would have simply booked it and told you after the fact.

Let him go and repay the respect that he has paid you. Do a deal with him where he needs to call you each day to tell you that he is okay. That will at least settle some of your fears.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
As an elder relative of this young lad and fine upstanding member of the "community" ... I say ... let me see... er... what would I have done at his age and how would I have behaved? ........ oh sh!t... No way Shingle my "cousin-in-law" ... Unless you have the bail money stashed away somewhere the Mrs doesn't know about!

No, nothing brought back except official programme, which haven't seen for over 30 years, I think it might be in me mums loft.

Probably in one of my mum's cupboards with my collection fom the 70's and 80's...... Oh. hang on I think she dumped them all :glare::eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here