Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC decides, advice please

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If more Naes than Yaes then it's Portree on the Isle of Skye with us,

You've answered your own question. If you stop him from going and force him to go with you to the Isle of Skye, he is going to 100% totally ruin your holiday.

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
I vote Yes.
I have never really forgiven my parents for being too strict, and that's a few years ago!
Lay down the law a bit, but ensure realise the 'Yes' decision is on trust.

Let us know the decision and post back after he has been on hols!!

CoCoa

Dec 18, 2007
yes

if he spends every Friday and Saturday night in a greasy chip shop he deserves this holiday

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Let him go

I went on a 18-30's when i was only 17, i had to get written confirmation from my parents that i could go as the holiday company got funny as i wasnt 18 but hell i had the time of my life

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Let him go. He's old enough, and you're only that age once in your life for crissakes.

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
my parents didnt know it was an 18-30's, i just told them i was going away with a few mates and needed something in writting

Alfred the greatx

Cake anyone, bit overdone
Jun 15, 2008
Just make sure he's got his health insurance and forms all up to date. Just in case. I'm sure he'll be fine. But with all these stories about kids overdosing on dodgy E pills, stupid levels of alcohol consumption, contracting STDs or getting some fat bird from Grimsby preggers, getting glassed in bar brawls, knived, lost in foreign cities and set upon by north african gangs, it's always best to be on the safe side.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Thats OK then, should put his mind at rest!

You know him best, the very fact that you are asking others to decide suggests to me that you are fine with him going.
I had my first trip to Spain about that age and I couldn't understand why my parents were concerned. Last year my 18 year old son went to Spain with his mates and he couldn't understand my worries.
He will come back a bigger person for the experiance, please don't stop him, he may hold it against you for years.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Definately let him go, just remind him of the things he should be wary of (Ie Anything Il Duce said) and as others have said, remind him that the only reason he's allowed to go is cos you trust him and don't f*** that up!

He'll probably appreciate it and respect you more if you word it precisely as 'Don't f*** it up' as well!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Let him go if he's mature enough to pay for it.

Went on my first lads week away back in the 80s to Benidorm when 17 years and 11 months and I was the oldest of the group. Got very pissed, got laid by a Dutch bird called Yolanda who liked my Cure t-shirt, ate crap, got sunburnt, took pictures of a comatose mate with his skid marked pants over his head and had to beg for the train fare back from Gatwick because I left my return ticket in the hotel in Spain. Great times.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Let him go if he's mature enough to pay for it.

Went on my first lads week away back in the 80s to Benidorm when 17 years and 11 months and I was the oldest of the group. Got very pissed, got laid by a Dutch bird called Yolanda who liked my Cure t-shirt, ate crap, got sunburnt, took pictures of a comatose mate with his skid marked pants over his head and had to beg for the train fare back from Gatwick because I left my return ticket in the hotel in Spain. Great times.

:laugh::laugh:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He's paying for it,

He works in a chippie on friday and saturday night, and needs to stump up £50 deposit immediately, which he has, and the rest (£300) in June.

let him go....he wont get up to much as working in a chippie, he probably stinks to high heaven anyway and will act as a repellant to the young laydeeees of Greece.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I went on my first ‘lads’ holiday just before my 18th birthday and had the time of my life, so I’d be inclined to say let him go but a word of warning these resorts can be rough as a bears arse and my good friend caught thrush from some classy northern sort. Maybe a father to son talk first aye?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here