Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC betting game

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
I'm up for it, but as a newbie is there an old thread i can read get a handle on how it works? It might just distract me from the wasting monies...

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Was going to make a thread about how we didn't have it this season, yes please and maybe half way through the season everyone gets an additional 500 v cash or something to keep it interesting

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Last year, far too many people kept winning on this even though the team were not. It sends out bad vibes to players. Can I suggest that the winner has to have placed 75% of their bets on an Albion win or draw? :smile:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I'm in for sure

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Will you do the same again, this year?

Based on 1000 vcash points, I will get at least 11 games :) so will be scratching my nuts by November!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i done my nuts last season on the millwall home game :( that was nailed on! (the joys of the "safe bet" ;-))
That raises another point.
Any top up for the hard of stoooopid, with remove the jeopardy from a 'home banker' game.

Which surely is part of the game.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think we should a poll on the 50% issue. Mixed views on this one. If people are stupid enough to spunk it all why should we stop them? Equally it is part of the game to go all in. But if it causes [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] hassle and it's his board and his time then fair enough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we should a poll on the 50% issue. Mixed views on this one. If people are stupid enough to spunk it all why should we stop them? Equally it is part of the game to go all in. But if it causes [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] hassle and it's his board and his time then fair enough.
That is the only caveat.

I don't know if it shows, but this has got right under my skin, today. :lol:

THERE IS ONLY 1 RULE THE PLAYERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR!

You can't do multiple bets, you can't bet with no credit.

There are loads of slights saying 'no top ups'.
How do these people get up in the mornings?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It doesn't cause me hassle as such, but it's weary to keep getting asked about top-ups etc from those who went all-in on game 1 of 46 and lost.

The aim of the game, for me, is to enhance the sense of community on the site. As such, having hundreds of people playing the game, and being interested in the game, is good. People blowing out immediately, is not good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It doesn't cause me hassle as such, but it's weary to keep getting asked about top-ups etc from those who went all-in on game 1 of 46 and lost.

The aim of the game, for me, is to enhance the sense of community on the site. As such, having hundreds of people playing the game, and being interested in the game, is good. People blowing out immediately, is not good.
Did the separate game for The Euro's cause as much trouble?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
just do it the same as last year. Anyone who goes all in and busts is a fool and needs to give up.

Failing that, can you put a cap on the maximum bet?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm up for it, nice one Bozza! My feeling on the 50% rule is similar to Stat Brother's - you'll still get people either not realising and so effectively disqualifying themselves by going 'all in' anyway, and/or it'll be a right pain in the arse checking that people are not betting more. The simpler the rules, the better Shirley? Having the NO TOP-UPS rule plastered all over every week's thread and an instant ban for anyone asking for one should do it?!
:ban:

This and I'm in.

EDIT - I'd prefer W/D/L bets only.

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

I see your point.

Would the blanket extra vCash top-up suggested above be easy to administer? An extra 100 every couple of months will get the early casualties back in the game. As long as everyone knows when the extra will be added, it's all fair & should stop you being hassled all the time.

I REALLY enjoyed the Euro comp, so the more that get involved in this, the better (but giving our dear leader a big headache in the process is not part of the plan).

What about adding the odd flagship game into the comp as well (FA Cup final, League Cup Final, Champions League Final etc), or even the full FA cup odds from round 3?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here