Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC betting game

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Let people go all in, anyone asking for extra money after losing it all in 3 weeks can be given a weeks sabbatical from NSC. They are no different to kids that used to blow their pocket money on the day they got it and were stuck reading the same copy of Whizzer and Chips for a week because they'd spent the rest on Sherbet Dip Dabs and Space Dust, I got told no then and its no now.

I'm in.

I like this idea. :thumbsup:

If people can't understand a simple basic rule, then punish them for it. Bozza's time and effort is precious, especially with some Apple events coming up. He'll need to focus on them. :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Somewhat belatedly, should we run this again for the remainder of this season? What say you?

If we do, one thing I would like to say is that you can never bet more than 50% of your pot on a single bet (unless you only have 1 remaining) in order to try and keep people in the game. People going 'all in', crashing out and then moaning/asking for more virtual cash got very weary.

Thinking about a bonus prize to the player with the longest streak of winning bets too, again to try and keep people interested and playing along.

Again, views welcome...
It is worth playing, but I think you're right to think of ways of changing it slightly. At the start of last season you explained how it was a marathon, not a sprint. I slowly built up my vcash, and by the time I was on about 1300, there were players on 30,000. So, due to the number of players, you couldn't win unless you bet big and got lucky.

Options for mixing it up - you could have betting limits for each month, so the limit increases as the season progresses. Or a percentage, as you suggested. The limits could be lower for those guessing the correct score etc. And bonuses that encourage sensible betting sound like a very good idea.

As for people asking for more vcash, just put a note at the top of each vcash thread, saying anyone asking for more is automatically banned (and stick to it).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You covered the whole event with NO TOP-UPS and fick people still asked.
The morons will just find something else to screw up.
I can't believe people asked for a top-up even if it hadn't said no top-ups. How stupid would that be. 'I'm losing, can you give me more vcash so I'm winning please'. Idiots.

Out of interest, is it actually not possible to add $100 or whatever to all users each month?
Oo that's a good idea.

I guess NSC users have proved themselves too stupid to self regulate, so this all comes down to what Bozza can do automatically. Assuming betting limits can't be done, is it possible to add an amount to everyone every month?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Yes indeedy - it's a bit of fun

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Despite being none too successful personally last season, I really enjoyed it and would like it to be repeated this season :thumbsup:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Count me in

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Right - it's coming back!

Everyone will be recharged with vCash tonight, and the Wednesday/Friday market will be posted.

Game on etc etc.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
As news goes, this is firmly in the GOOD camp. Cheers Bozza! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here