Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
IN :thumbsup:

Cheers for the payment, btw.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Aren't you able to bet on all markets if you wanted to?
Shirley that means everyone could put at least 1 credit on every outcome and have a winning streak that lasted the entire season?

I'd be well up for this again though :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I like this idea.

Any you need a league table.
Well, it would mean you wouldn't get these muppets asking for top ups all the time as everyone would get one intermittently. And it would surely be easier to implement than having [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] up until midnight the night before every match to ensure all the bets are valid.

The only rule I would like to see is a minimum number of bets needing to be made. Something like 75% seemed to work well. And also, bets should be fairly vanilla throughout the season. If you have a quirky bet offering long odds on the final day, it kind of makes a mockery of the competition at the expense of those who have chosen the wise value bets through the season and then get beaten at the end by a lucky pick offering longer odds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in.

Out of interest, is it actually not possible to add $100 or whatever to all users each month?
Great idea, we wouldn't want the 1 person, who follows the 1 simple rule to win, let everyone win!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
enjoyed this very much last season and I'm in if you want to do it again

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great idea, we wouldn't want the 1 person, who follows the 1 simple rule to win, let everyone win!
You misunderstand. The only reason I suggest this is to prevent the tiresome whinging for top ups by those who have spunked the lot, as well as meaning no one has to spend hours enforcing some arbitrary 50% maximium bet rule.

Or put it another way - offer 500 vcash topped up with 5 tranches of 100 vcash over the course of the season. Same difference.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You misunderstand. The only reason I suggest this is to prevent the tiresome whinging for top ups by those who have spunked the lot, as well as meaning no one has to spend hours enforcing some arbitrary 50% maximium bet rule.

Or put it another way - offer 500 vcash topped up with 5 tranches of 100 vcash over the course of the season. Same difference.
Or clearly say NO TOP UPS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, or clearly say NO TOP UPS.

I'm sure that'll prevent dozens of people bringing up the subject in November. Yes sirreee.
As I originally said I don't have to deal with the morons, so it's easy for me to say.

People would have learned from last year.

How were the top up requests for the Euro's?

But big coloured letters, clearly stating the one rule, should be enough.
If it isn't and Bozza has had enough, then 1 sticky thread saying:-

'Here is a list of all those banned for asking for a top-up', should wake the rest of the people up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Aren't you able to bet on all markets if you wanted to?
Shirley that means everyone could put at least 1 credit on every outcome and have a winning streak that lasted the entire season?

I'd be well up for this again though :)

You can only bet on one outcome - win. lose or draw - on each market, and I think I'd keep it as a simple W/L/D market for each game too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, it would mean you wouldn't get these muppets asking for top ups all the time as everyone would get one intermittently. And it would surely be easier to implement than having [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] up until midnight the night before every match to ensure all the bets are valid.

The only rule I would like to see is a minimum number of bets needing to be made. Something like 75% seemed to work well. And also, bets should be fairly vanilla throughout the season. If you have a quirky bet offering long odds on the final day, it kind of makes a mockery of the competition at the expense of those who have chosen the wise value bets through the season and then get beaten at the end by a lucky pick offering longer odds.

There would be a minimum number of bets required to qualify for a prize and, yes, 75% feels about right.

Agree on trying to keep it a game of skill by not offering long odds markets every now and again, which is why I wonder about only doing W/L/D.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Definitely in, and would prefer W/D/L on each game only. Then it is a proper test of skill.

Agree re the 50% bet maximum, although a potential bugger to check and someone is going to try it on and think they've won then be fed up, but so be it.

Also agree you should have to bet on 75% of games to qualify.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There would be a minimum number of bets required to qualify for a prize and, yes, 75% feels about right.

Agree on trying to keep it a game of skill by not offering long odds markets every now and again, which is why I wonder about only doing W/L/D.
Obviously it's your call, but WLD and maybe HT/FT or a wildcard Championship game?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Obviously it's your call, but WLD and maybe HT/FT or a wildcard Championship game?
I do like the idea of more bets, but that's just me!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Will it still be called vCash, or are you changing it to Loyalty Points?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here