Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

now see this ..... No stripes on matchdays at the Amex!

bloomingood

Pull your socks up!!
Feb 14, 2011
chickenrun
smart and casual stripes...... still waiting?
Paul,
I note we are still awaiting an answer regarding the 1901 and club shirts. I can only presume this is a difficult question with two possible answers due to your inability in giving us the nod.
I see Part 4 Terms, 7.9 of the 1901 T’s & C’s states;
‘At all times when at the stadium behave in a proper and respectable manner appropriate to the home area of the stadium. For the avoidance of doubt the wearing of colours representing the visiting or away team may not be worn in the seats’.
So that must mean the wearing of stripes in the colour of the home club will be acceptable. I also remember the advertising bumf I was given before signing up on the presentation night, it stated the dress code was ‘smart casual’ well I consider the club colours & shirts smart, and I casually wear them especially on match days!
Please confirm the club agrees and my understanding is correct? Tony Built it, we will fill it! Falmer for all, Seagulls for the Premiership. Reply With Quote .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today 13:29 #2 Insider
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Visit Homepage Add as Contact

Guy 'Tank' Butters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have checked this out at the very top and the rules are as follows, and fairly relaxed compared with some other clubs:

Smart casual dress, which means no trainers, no sportswear. Smart jeans are acceptable, but replica football shirts are not permitted I am afraid.

Smart collared polo shirts are acceptable.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I see it, but I don’t believe it! How disappointing am I that I can no longer wear my team’s colours on a match day because I’ve signed up for a premier 1901 seat. Daft if you ask me and I for one am not, not happy!!!
what are your thoughts? Am I being a bit sensitive?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
does seem abit strange , unless you 1901ers were warned that this would be the case before buying your seats

either way it's another reason I'm glad I didn't go 1901!!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Glad I'm not in it either.

Why should you get dressed up to go to football?

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
smart and casual stripes...... still waiting?
Paul,
I note we are still awaiting an answer regarding the 1901 and club shirts. I can only presume this is a difficult question with two possible answers due to your inability in giving us the nod.
I see Part 4 Terms, 7.9 of the 1901 T’s & C’s states;
‘At all times when at the stadium behave in a proper and respectable manner appropriate to the home area of the stadium. For the avoidance of doubt the wearing of colours representing the visiting or away team may not be worn in the seats’.
So that must mean the wearing of stripes in the colour of the home club will be acceptable. I also remember the advertising bumf I was given before signing up on the presentation night, it stated the dress code was ‘smart casual’ well I consider the club colours & shirts smart, and I casually wear them especially on match days!
Please confirm the club agrees and my understanding is correct? Tony Built it, we will fill it! Falmer for all, Seagulls for the Premiership. Reply With Quote .
Today 13:29 #2 Insider
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Visit Homepage Add as Contact

Guy 'Tank' Butters

I have checked this out at the very top and the rules are as follows, and fairly relaxed compared with some other clubs:

Smart casual dress, which means no trainers, no sportswear. Smart jeans are acceptable, but replica football shirts are not permitted I am afraid.

Smart collared polo shirts are acceptable.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I see it, but I don’t believe it! How disappointing am I that I can no longer wear my team’s colours on a match day because I’ve signed up for a premier 1901 seat. Daft if you ask me and I for one am not, not happy!!!
what are your thoughts? Am I being a bit sensitive?[/QUOTE]

Not really, I asked this question too at my 1901 club presentation last year as the sales guy referred to the dress code as "smart casual". The answer he gave me was that it was "un-decided" whether fans could wear club colours but he thought that the club would more than likely allow it. I wasn't convinced by this answer but had already decided that the 1901 Club offering was not for me.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have to say I would have assumed that this area was smart casual i.e collared shirt, no jeans (although it would seem you can wear them) and a jacket?

Wonder how much the 1901s licences will be changing hands for in season two?

My suggestion grin and bear it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It doesn't surprise me and I'm not sure why 1901'ers are acting surprised. Standard etiquette, surely? I have never worn a Sussex shirt in hospitality at Hove and would not dream of doing so. Shorts and T-shirts might be acceptable for Proms in the Park, but you wouldn't wear that to the Royal Albert Hall for the last night.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It doesn't surprise me and I'm not sure why 1901'ers are acting surprised. Standard etiquette, surely? I have never worn a Sussex shirt in hospitality at Hove and would not dream of doing so. Shorts and T-shirts might be acceptable for Proms in the Park, but you wouldn't wear that to the Royal Albert Hall for the last night.

Then again, I wouldn't go to the Albert Hall to watch football.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Don't worry.

I'll be selling these outside for the 1901's.

(You'll easily recognise me, I'll be wearing a blue & white striped shirt)

775644bb1f8f.jpg

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I'm not entirely sure what you were expecting when you brought your seat - you're in hospitality. You'll be complaining about the fancy food next!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Was always going to be no shirts in the 1901 I thought

I will be in west stand upper,but think it's a disgrace that if you pay extra to be in the 1901 club you are
Restricted what you can wear.
I think a reality check is in order.A lot of fans that have joined the 1901 club have spent the last 12 years
trudging through the mud between withdean & Preston park in the pissing rain to watch the Albion,then when
They finally arrive at a stadium that is dry they are told they can't wear their Albion shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here