Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

now see this ..... No stripes on matchdays at the Amex!

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Blimey, how much has football lost touch with its roots?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I think you're gonna have to put up with it - small price to pay, after all you're in the best seats in the house. Plus during the winter months, after consuming your foie gras washed down with a Dom Perignon '64, you'll still be able to whack on the old blue and white hat n scarf wont you? I'll be in the tier above, wearing my TOFF's retro 70's BHA white away kit (100% cotton), which I've had for the last four years and is looking a bit worn - certainly not smart enough for the 1901 ers gang.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh we can cheer and jangle our change. I think there maybe a new entry in the Brightonian dictionary soon '1901 envy'

Think we may need to be careful with regard to 1901 envy or status; some people, including myself, had a choice between a box, 1901 and a standard season ticket and went for the most suitable for their current circumstances. With two small boys I went for an exciting pitch side experience. There is no envy but a growing concern that there are some who feel they are better than others because of ONE spending choice in their life.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh we can cheer and jangle our change. I think there maybe a new entry in the Brightonian dictionary soon '1901 envy'

:amex:

Only if you want to have a nap after lunch and wear a dinner jacket.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Slightly bizarre. I asked the question about the stripes at my presentation and was told you definitely would be allowed to wear them. Frankly I'm of an age wear I wouldn't wear them now anyway but are they really going to ban my son if he turns up in them??? And as someone else has said the terms and conditions do not ban them only away colours.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I was told this too ( as per Giraffe ). Again it doesn't affect me personally (don't wear colours). Although I do like a decent pair of trainers on when I go to games (banned too!!).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I will be in west stand upper,but think it's a disgrace that if you pay extra to be in the 1901 club you are
Restricted what you can wear.
I think a reality check is in order.A lot of fans that have joined the 1901 club have spent the last 12 years
trudging through the mud between withdean & Preston park in the pissing rain to watch the Albion,then when
They finally arrive at a stadium that is dry they are told they can't wear their Albion shirt.

A disgrace?

'Ordinary fans' who have a problem with the rules, shouldn't have signed up for business/corporate seats.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm picturing the scene when some corporate come lately bloke turns up with his two sons, visits the stadium shop, forks out 90 quid for a shirt for them each and then is barred from entering the ground!!!!:lol:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I'm picturing the scene when some corporate come lately bloke turns up with his two sons, visits the stadium shop, forks out 90 quid for a shirt for them each and then is barred from entering the ground!!!!:lol:

All joking aside oh long necked one, with everthing considered, if you knew then what you do now, would you have still gone down your chosen route?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Slightly bizarre. I asked the question about the stripes at my presentation and was told you definitely would be allowed to wear them. Frankly I'm of an age wear I wouldn't wear them now anyway but are they really going to ban my son if he turns up in them??? And as someone else has said the terms and conditions do not ban them only away colours.

I was told no stripes at my presentation.

But, the licensing agreement states only away colours are banned.

Another section also states that the license agreement rules hold and supersede any previous written or oral presentations. So, it's irrelevant what has previously been said, as the agreement now holds and this is quite clear on this issue.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
All joking aside oh long necked one, with everthing considered, if you knew then what you do now, would you have still gone down your chosen route?

Yes I would. Reasons for me getting 1901 were best view in ground, car parking space, and a bit of comfort for my dad on his old age. Nothing has changed from that. However I can see us moving back to a traditional season ticket, possibly in the upper East in the next five years when possibly my dad won't be going anymore.

You might joke about it, but I can recall an NSC sponsored game at Withdean where we were asked by Martin Perry to keep the noise down in the North Stand.
That was the game where the directors of Sunderland FC, in the seats immediately behind us, congratulated us on our passionate support for the team. It helped, of course, that we stuffed them 2-1, despite playing the last hour with ten men. They were third in the Championship at the time. We were 18th. They finished as champions, we finished 20th (and would have been relegated if it hadn't have been for the three points that NSC won with that show of passion on that day).

Brighton and Hove Albion | Match | Report | 19 February 2005, Brighton 2 - 1 Sunderland

... and here's a picture of the stripes being worn in hospitality, post-Sunderland. The ones who look WRECKED will no doubt claim they'd been playing in a football match earlier.

nsc0537sized1qm.jpg

bloomingood

Pull your socks up!!
Feb 14, 2011
chickenrun
Thanks for all the comments it's good reading. I for one have made a leap of faith regarding the expense of a 1901 seat. I’m no way a corporate player, more a Stella and Curry merchant. I brought it because I very much want to experience the whole thing and felt the need to invest in it long term, also had a spare bag of sand. I wouldn’t let it detract from the enjoyment of the whole experience but I’ve always worn a shirt and have always been proud to do so.
It’s a dam shame though that the shirt our team plays in isn’t good enough for parts of our new home!

c'est la vie!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for all the comments it's good reading. I for one have made a leap of faith regarding the expense of a 1901 seat. I’m no way a corporate player, more a Stella and Curry merchant. I brought it because I very much want to experience the whole thing and felt the need to invest in it long term, also had a spare bag of sand. I wouldn’t let it detract from the enjoyment of the whole experience but I’ve always worn a shirt and have always been proud to do so.
It’s a dam shame though that the shirt our team plays in isn’t good enough for parts of our new home!

c'est la vie!

Are you saying they are banned then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here