Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now I understand

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Rangdo said:
That all depends on what the break-even capacity is. I've heard it said that once we get to Falmer we will need to average 12000 per game to break even.

So, as an example say the break-even capacity at Withdean is 10000.
That means even if we sellout we are 3000 short of breaking even.
At £23 per ticket that works out at £69000 per game.
Over 23 games thats £1.587 million below break-even per season.

Like I say I don't know what the required capacity to break-even is but it doesn't take much for it to snowball. And on top of this we've had the Falmer costs.
I would estimate we could break even with about 8500 at the withdean.Still would love to know how we have clobbed up such huge debts:drink:

The thing that really bugs me is the huge amount of money recieved via player sells,im sure there is a reason somwhere though mmmm.:drink:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Yorkie said:
Legal costs of the two public inquiries. QCs are not cheap
Surely that 3 million i mentioned covers the falmer enquiry and costs,i hear falmer was about 2.5 million in total.

If you look at what the board have put in and the sales you are looking at a huge near on 15 million pound put in,yet we somehow now probably owe about 5 million+.:ohmy:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
mr turd said:
I would estimate we could break even with about 8500 at the withdean.Still would love to know how we have clobbed up such huge debts:drink:

The thing that really bugs me is the huge amount of money recieved via player sells,im sure there is a reason somwhere though mmmm.:drink:

So if that were the case that would mean a loss of £750,000 per season which over 6 seasons is £4.5m, plus the £3m on Falmer is £7.5million.

Like I said before, I'm sure the accounts are there if you want to check them over so you can see exactly where it has all gone.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mr turd said:
Surely that 3 million i mentioned covers the falmer enquiry and costs,i hear falmer was about 2.5 million in total.

If you look at what the board have put in and the sales you are looking at a huge near on 15 million pound put in,yet we somehow now probably owe about 5 million+.:ohmy:

Perhaps if you bother to read the accounts which are available for anyone to read online or attend the fans forums then you would know the answers.
Or prefer to sit behind a keyboard winding others up??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is another option Berkshire Seagull - attend more games, get involved and then you would know more about the issues.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Rangdo said:
So if that were the case that would mean a loss of £750,000 per season which over 6 seasons is £4.5m, plus the £3m on Falmer is £7.5million.

Like I said before, I'm sure the accounts are there if you want to check them over so you can see exactly where it has all gone.

Yeah but we have recieved nearly 15 million in this 6 years?
Thats the board putting in and player sales in 6 years.Not sure how much extra's etc like t.v money and the spurs game which i forgot to mention:glare:
I also forgot the fatboy slim money:lolol:

The icomes neverend thank god:lolol: im sure dick and co are set for retirement soon:lolol: :lolol:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Beach Hut said:
There is another option Berkshire Seagull - attend more games, get involved and then you would know more about the issues.
I can promise you one thing,i go to more games than a lot of bha fans thats a fact old boy:glare:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Yorkie said:
Perhaps if you bother to read the accounts which are available for anyone to read online or attend the fans forums then you would know the answers.
Or prefer to sit behind a keyboard winding others up??
Where online?:smokin:
Its not a windup,im just pointing out a few facts and was wondering where the money has gone thats all.:drink:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
mr turd said:
I can promise you one thing,i go to more games than a lot of bha fans thats a fact old boy:glare:

Double bollox, complete rubbish:salute:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Beach Hut said:
Double bollox, complete rubbish:salute:
I think you will find in the last few years i average about 5 away games which is more than many i can tell ya,there was a thread once and a fair few where on 2's and 3's,anyway whats going to matches gotta do with it.Doesn't make you a better fan does it.:p

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mr turd said:
I think you will find in the last few years i average about 5 away games which is more than many i can tell ya,there was a thread once and a fair few where on 2's and 3's,anyway whats going to matches gotta do with it.Doesn't make you a better fan does it.:p

Because all the money you have paid out goes to other teams.
Away matches do not benefit the Albion by one penny.

Nobody mentioned a BETTER fan. You were querying money.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mr turd said:
Where online?:smokin:
Its not a windup,im just pointing out a few facts and was wondering where the money has gone thats all.:drink:

Company House.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
NSC is well and truly back, love him or loathe him Ernest, allbeit, in is own inimitable style, started this thread with an interesting debating point yet once again it gets hijacked with an almost Grange Hill like exchange of 'I'm a better fan than you because I've been on a bungy jump with Sarah Watts and Liz Costa.'
Even as someone who now runs a business and has been involved with others for a number of years and knows what a balance sheet looks like I'm still somewhat puzzled at some of the figures quoted in this thread.
Thankfully I'm hoping Martin Perry will be able to join me on one of the early phone-ins this season and I can ask him direct.
There are clearly still a number of unanswered questions.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They haven't got rid of you then Harty? Keep up the good work.

Harty said:
NSC is well and truly back, love him or loathe him Ernest, allbeit, in is own inimitable style, started this thread with an interesting debating point yet once again it gets hijacked with an almost Grange Hill like exchange of 'I'm a better fan than you because I've been on a bungy jump with Sarah Watts and Liz Costa.'
Even as someone who now runs a business and has been involved with others for a number of years and knows what a balance sheet looks like I'm still somewhat puzzled at some of the figures quoted in this thread.
Thankfully I'm hoping Martin Perry will be able to join me on one of the early phone-ins this season and I can ask him direct.

Word of warning Ian - Ernest is a 100% wind up merchant - the wrestler avatar shows his mindset on this. He plays the role of the bad guy wrestler to garner reactions. Might be wise not to base any questions on any of his claims.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
And the fact that Mr Turd and I know each other and most of those posts are a big leg pull as well.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
One thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned is the development of stands, turnstiles, cabins etc, etc, etc at Withdean. The substantial money for this would have come from somewhere and I'm not sure it would go on the balance sheet as the Albion don't own withdean.

I'm not concerned about the money situation with regards to where it has all gone as simple fag packet accounting shows we just aint getting enough in and that we have had substantial costs in the last four/five years.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Harty said:

I don't think that there are too many unanswered questions.

And I don't think that it would be worth raising any of the issues in this thread with Martin Perry. He runs the club, most of the people on NSC wouldn't now how to run a business or necessarily have any idea whatsoever about the way the club's finances are run (me included).

This is an internet messageboard and everyone has an opinion, but it doesn't mean that any opinion has any value. Before we bring these queries to the club can we make sure they get filtered so that our conversation with the club has real value.

I guess I have the same opinion about the phone-in..

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I'll call in, but to give my opinion on something I know about - the game, the manager, the club shop, ticketing etc.

What is the point of people ringing up to accuse the club of not telling the truth about what happened to the Zamora money? If they do, I would expect them to have a damn good understanding of the club's finances and not just be making baseless and childish accusations.

Harty, didn't the show and it's phoners annoy the club with this kind of thing last season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here