Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now I understand

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Ernest said:
I couldn't understand why we were arsing about with useless trialists and signing unknown Argies instead of tried and tested English lads so I asked my 'insider' at the club what the f*** was going on ?
What he told me explained it all and now I know why we haven't actually signed anyone for cash.
On 1st July Dick Tight and his lapdog owed the PAYE at Worthing Inland Revenue in excess of £1million and the tax men were talking about a winding up order so now we know where the Virgo and Harding money has gone and why we are messing about with players like Ashby and Berthe.

Sorry Ernie, you have factuallty f***ed up here.

PAYE is personal taxes - you don't get a winding up order, this is for companies act. Individuals get bankruptcy orders.

So are you saying B&HA FC LTD are overdue with corporation tax payments or are you saying Mr R Knight and Mr M Perry are overdue personal tax payments? Also, unless Knight and Perry are salaried employees, they don't pay PAYE (Paye As You Earn) but will need to declare personal income via self assessment. One will have a DIRECT impact on the club, the other an INDIRECT impact.

Just to be techie, COTAX is the HMRC IT system that manages the collection COrporation TAX and COP manages the Collection Of PAYE. CESA is the Computerised Environment for Self Assessment.

Ha! I just knew working for the IT outsourcer on the HMRC account would come in useful one day!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Re: Re: Now I understand

Shropshire Seagull said:

PAYE is personal taxes - you don't get a winding up order, this is for companies act. Individuals get bankruptcy orders.

So are you saying B&HA FC LTD are overdue with corporation tax payments or are you saying Mr R Knight and Mr M Perry are overdue personal tax payments? Also, unless Knight and Perry are salaried employees, they don't pay PAYE (Paye As You Earn) but will need to declare personal income via self assessment. One will have a DIRECT impact on the club, the other an INDIRECT impact.

Just to be techie, COTAX is the HMRC IT system that manages the collection COrporation TAX and COP manages the Collection Of PAYE. CESA is the Computerised Environment for Self Assessment.

Ha! I just knew working for the IT outsourcer on the HMRC account would come in useful one day!

Answer the question Ernest! :D

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Why can't BHAFC owe PAYE? PAYE is deducted from salary by BHAFC and then paid over to HMRC by BHAFC. It's meant to be paid by the 19th of the month after it is deducted. If you don't pay it they chase you and chase you but you can go months without paying any. I know because I had a business with a very erratic income and a very erratic salary. Every month I would get a letter saying "where's your tax" even though I didn't owe nay.

PAYE was part of the problem we had back in 1992 when we ended up in court with a winding-up order so it is feasible.

The question is "is it true?"

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Shropshire Seagull said:

Please read my post named PAYE

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Re: Now I understand

Ernest said:
Please read my post named PAYE

Why ? It is probably another load of bollox

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Now I understand

Ernest said:
What fools you and your types are

Maybe we are Ernest who knows (or even cares)

Perhaps one day you and Bens Grandad will have you 15 minutes of fame with your "told you so posts".

For the moment though, with a new football season about to start let's see what the players do.

Oh and also we will get the green light for Falmer - all postives not negatives like your posts.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Now I understand

Beach Hut said:
Maybe we are Ernest who knows (or even cares)

Perhaps one day you and Bens Grandad will have you 15 minutes of fame with your "told you so posts".

For the moment though, with a new football season about to start let's see what the players do.

Oh and also we will get the green light for Falmer - all postives not negatives like your posts.

It will be true fans like myself who have seen thru Dick Tights bullshit and self promotion that will ultimately save the club and give your little Huts something to support.
And I shall never, ever let you and your types forget that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Now I understand

Ernest said:
And I shall never, ever let you and your types forget that.

I am sure you won't :lolol:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Now I understand

Ernest said:
I´m sure Dick Tight would love this to be happy clappy board all group hugs and we love Dick bullshit.
He must hate people coming on here making nasty posts about him and look how he reacted to a bit of criticism on Harty´s phone in.
The bloke is a fraud, period.
I think you may have misread my post. I understand that if you're right you will gloat. Who wouldn't?

But how exactly are you going to save the club?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ernest said:
I couldn't understand why we were arsing about with useless trialists and signing unknown Argies instead of tried and tested English lads so I asked my 'insider' at the club what the f*** was going on ?
What he told me explained it all and now I know why we haven't actually signed anyone for cash.
On 1st July Dick Tight and his lapdog owed the PAYE at Worthing Inland Revenue in excess of £1million and the tax men were talking about a winding up order so now we know where the Virgo and Harding money has gone and why we are messing about with players like Ashby and Berthe.

State your source...

Provide some evidence...

Otherwise, just shut it...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W. said:
State your source...

Provide some evidence...

Otherwise, just shut it...

Decided to shut it then, Ernest?... conclusion = no foundation whatsoever in your claim... now there's a shock...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I bought Ernest a pint once.

May I just say that he may seem like a complete wind up merchant but he believes in questioning the board at all times and that's why he comes up with these threads. Most of it is bollocks but these threads do tend to bring issues up and questions are answered and for that reason alone they are pretty handy.

He seems like a nice bloke too.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I bought Ernest a pint once.

May I just say that he may seem like a complete wind up merchant but he believes in questioning the board at all times and that's why he comes up with these threads. Most of it is bollocks but these threads do tend to bring issues up and questions are answered and for that reason alone they are pretty handy.

He seems like a nice bloke too.

In my book Dick Knight has played a leading role in making sure that this club survives. I also think Martin Perry has done an excellent job in damn near impossible circumstances.

Ernest constantly abuses, defames and slanders them, accusing them of being as bad as Bellotti and Archer. Is this a wind-up? Because if it is, it isn't funny. Not even remotely.

If you are right, maybe he could come up with a different way of raising issues he thinks are important. Maybe by asking intelligent questions to the Inisder, instead of insinuating complete rubbish on here.

Obviously, I've never met Ernest, so for all I know he may be a nice guy, but I'll judge him on what he writes on here. And my judgement is that he's a bumwit of the highest order. Please someone make him stop.

Shropshire Seagull said:

I think it is Shropshire Seagull who is misunderstanding Ernest's allegation.

Employers deduct PAYE payments due from individual employees. They are then supposed to pass those deductions to the Inland Revenue. As I understand Ernest's allegation, he is claiming that, at the beginning of July, the Club hadn't yet handed the money over to the Inland Revenue.

My understanding is that the Revenue CAN pursue this unpaid debt by seeking a Winding Up Order.

But Ernest also suggests that they have decided not to. Presumably this means that the Club has come to an arrangement to pay the money.

If that is so, then THERE IS NO PROBLEM.

Last edited:

Yorkie said:
Legal costs of the two public inquiries. QCs are not cheap
In the grand scheme of things, the legal costs of the Public Inquiry pale into insignificance in comparison with the other professional costs that the Albion are paying out ...

... planning consultants, transport consultants, environmental consultants, archaeological consultants, ecology consultants, noise consultants, lighting consultants, safety consultants, engineering consultants, cost consultants, architects, etc etc.

Anyone who attended the Inquiry will confirm that, without all this spending, the Albion's case would have collapsed completely in the face of the combined efforts of the Club's opponents.

It's all been money well spent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
DJ Leon said:
In my book Dick Knight has played a leading role in making sure that this club survives. I also think Martin Perry has done an excellent job in damn near impossible circumstances.

Ernest constantly abuses, defames and slanders them, accusing them of being as bad as Bellotti and Archer. Is this a wind-up? Because if it is, it isn't funny. Not even remotely.

If you are right, maybe he could come up with a different way of raising issues he thinks are important. Maybe by asking intelligent questions to the Inisder, instead of insinuating complete rubbish on here.

Obviously, I've never met Ernest, so for all I know he may be a nice guy, but I'll judge him on what he writes on here. And my judgement is that he's a bumwit of the highest order. Please someone make him stop.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: agreed 100%

DK cares.why slate the guy simply because he doesn't have surplus millions to give away. I'm sure he wishes he was Roman Abramovich even more than we do. He's doing a good job with what he and the club have.

Also pray tell, in what respect is he a fraud. Has he ever claimed to have wads to spend? Does he draw a salary? What are his motives to 'defraud' us? Again, make the fool shut up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here