Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now I understand

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
mr turd said:

We get into debt fast and most of the money dissapears with no trace:glare:

I'm pretty sure that the club has to publish their accounts so you can see exactly where the money goes if you really want to. I couldn't tell you because financial documents send me to sleep but I'm sure it's out there if you look beyond the rumours on this message board.

mr turd said:

I would estimate roughly 7-8 million has been recieved in under 6 years,that doesn't include all the extras like t.v and a playoff finall etc etc.I find it shocking at times due to severe lack of spending.

If we never had sold these players etc,would we be like 15 million in debt right now mmmm????:glare:

I think that is a distinct possibility. That works out at £1.3m per season. With the restricted capacity and costs at Withdean, Falmer costs etc. I think we could easily be losing more than that per season so if we hadn't had the income from player sales then yes we probably would be that much in debt. Well actually we probably wouldn't exist any more but you get the point.

Last edited:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Uncle C said:
Conveniently forgotten running costs and that little item known as Falmer:salute: :salute:
Yeah like 2 million+we have had the zamora money plus others to cover that alone dirt box:shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mr turd said:
Yeah like 2 million+we have had the zamora money plus others to cover that alone dirt box:shootself

Legal costs that are more expensive per hour than top footballers.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Too many people here on NSC think they are better fans than others (or give that impression) because they go to more home games. :angry: Leave it out...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Referee! said:
Too many people here on NSC think they are better fans than others (or give that impression) because they go to more home games. :angry: Leave it out...

Nothing to do with how many games.
How does the club get it's income?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
By selling :(

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Referee! said:

ditto.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Yorkie said:

But some people prefer going to away games. And because they don't go to home games doesn't mean they don't financially help the club. Alive and kicking appeal, 40 note fund, buying merchandise...It all helps

Edit: and joining the AMS

Last edited:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Rangdo said:
I'm pretty sure that the club has to publish their accounts so you can see exactly where the money goes if you really want to. I couldn't tell you because financial documents send me to sleep but I'm sure it's out there if you look beyond the rumours on this message board.

I think that is a distinct possibility. That works out at £1.3m per season. With the restricted capacity and costs at Withdean, Falmer costs etc. I think we could easily be losing more than that per season so if we hadn't had the income from player sales then yes we probably would be that much in debt. Well actually we probably wouldn't exist any more but you get the point.
Yeah but also it seems the board have put 5 million or so in,can we really clock up so much debt in such a short space of time:glare:

Also i forgot the 1 million gareth barry money at the start of all this???

How much do we lose per season at the withdean?
can't see how it can be roughly 1.3 or so million a year:glare: looking at our debts recently:shootself

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Yorkie said:
Most of the income of late is the sales of players,seems to be more that than the fans money:glare:

Anyway if we are losing money every week its not really the clubs money is it:glare:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
With a :jester: and a :dunce: cause I am the complete non fan from Berkshire :salute:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Beach Hut said:
With a :jester: and a :dunce: cause I am the complete non fan from Berkshire :salute:
And you an oap fan on his last legs:shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mr turd said:
Yeah but also it seems the board have put 5 million or so in,can we really clock up so much debt in such a short space of time:glare:

Also i forgot the 1 million gareth barry money at the start of all this???

can't see how it can be roughly 1.3 or so million a year:glare: looking at our debts recently:shootself

We lose approx £10K a game

The Laughing Bluebird said:
As a matter of interest, where did all the Zamora money go?

:lolol:

*sigh* Look this was all detailed quite clearly in the 2003-04 accounts, under exceptional costs, sub-section 4(d) - the section headed "whores and crack dens for board members" £1.5m.

How many times does this have to be explained :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Referee! said:
But some people prefer going to away games. And because they don't go to home games doesn't mean they don't financially help the club. Alive and kicking appeal, 40 note fund, buying merchandise...It all helps

Edit: and joining the AMS

Ok so ask Mr Turd what he has contributed to.
I'm not having a go at all fans just Pete (Mr Turd) because I know him

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Yorkie said:
Ok so ask Mr Turd what he has contributed to.
I'm not having a go at all fans just Pete (Mr Turd) because I know him

I'm sure he's helped with the fight for Falmer, or disposing of the three !!!!! who were ruining our club.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Referee! said:
I'm sure he's helped with the fight for Falmer, or disposing of the three !!!!! who were ruining our club.

Really??

Ok Mr T tell us what did you do??

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
mr turd said:

That all depends on what the break-even capacity is. I've heard it said that once we get to Falmer we will need to average 12000 per game to break even.

So, as an example say the break-even capacity at Withdean is 10000.
That means even if we sellout we are 3000 short of breaking even.
At £23 per ticket that works out at £69000 per game.
Over 23 games thats £1.587 million below break-even per season.

Like I say I don't know what the required capacity to break-even is but it doesn't take much for it to snowball. And on top of this we've had the Falmer costs.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Yorkie said:
We lose approx £10K a game
So thats roughly 260k a year with cup games mmmm.In 6 years thats just inder 1.6 million mmmm fishy,so where did the 9 million estimated debt come from?
Looking also at our potential 8 million+ recieved on players etc in that time:glare:

so thats over 6 years

1.6 million on losses at the withdean
3 million on falmer

What other losses?

thats just 4.6 million:rolleyes:
I gather wages must be a prop somewhere,because i can't see what else it could be
:smokin:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mr turd said:
So thats roughly 260k a year with cup games mmmm.In 6 years thats just inder 1.6 million mmmm fishy,so where did the 9 million estimated debt come from?
Looking also at our potential 8 million+ recieved on players etc in that time:glare:

so thats over 6 years

1.6 million on losses at the withdean
3 million on falmer

What other losses?

thats just 4.6 million:rolleyes:
I gather wages must be a prop somewhere,because i can't see what else it could be
:smokin:

Legal costs of the two public inquiries. QCs are not cheap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here