Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now all you doom mongers can whine

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
12 midday passes, no new signings, off you go, whinge to your hearts content :angry::angry::angry:

I shall remain positive :albion2::albion1::albion2:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In the meantime POOyet OUT.

Epic FAIL.

Thanks for Hart/Holroyd/Barnes combo upfront when Muzza gets the inevitable suspension/injury.

We knew the problem weeks ago.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Loan signings can be made as late as 12pm tomorrow and still drop into the team.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I feel like an idiot because I am beginning to lose faith and am certain we won't go up with the current squad..I never thought I would become one of these people :nono:

Strikers like Barnes and Holroyd will never even get us close to promotion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disappointing that we are so lightweight upfront but I imagine it's Gus who's gonna be angrier than anyone at a forward line that struggles to score. He actually has to deal with it and justify why if it continues to misfire so I'm sure he's as pissed of as us that no decent striker seems to want to come here.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
:facepalm: Barnes is good enough and will get better with age.

:facepalm:

Brezovan/Ankergren

Calderon
Elphick
Greer
Painter

Bennett
Kishishev
Sparrow
Smith

Barnes
Murray

That team is brilliant. I know there is a lack in depth, but there are still four days left in order to bring in necessary players, in the busiest days of the transfer windows, as people are let out on loan and agents accept offers more readily. :facepalm:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I think people are just frustrated aren't they? Its perfectly understandable.

As things stand, if Murray were to get injured tomorrow we would be TOTALLY f***ed (in terms of a play-off push). There are no two ways around that, however you dress it up.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm not bothered at all. We will get new players in but they will be the right ones not panic buys.

The thing I'm most excited about is the brand of football we play now. That's more exciting than a million quid stiker, in my opinion.

And even now our squad is better than last year. Oh, and Barnes will score twice tomorrow.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I'm not bothered at all. We will get new players in but they will be the right ones not panic buys.

The thing I'm most excited about is the brand of football we play now. That's more exciting than a million quid stiker, in my opinion.

And even now our squad is better than last year. Oh, and Barnes will score twice tomorrow.

I agree wholeheartedly

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think people are just frustrated aren't they? Its perfectly understandable.

As things stand, if Murray were to get injured tomorrow we would be TOTALLY f***ed (in terms of a play-off push). There are no two ways around that, however you dress it up.

I could do a job upfront for a mars bar a week?

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Keep the faith people, Gus will be more frustrated than any of us but if we sign players or not just get behind poyet and the team. Unfortunately i dont think we will be promoted this season but next season we will attract some good quality players and push for promotion for the first season at falmer

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I look it like this. We have a transfer budget. 70% of which has been spent on bringing in players that will ensure that we do not flirt with relegation (like the past two seasons). 30% left over for a few other additions, including a striker. What is obvious is this amount isn't enough to bring in a striker.

As fans we are impatient, we see Tonys millions spent on the ground and believe that he will splash the cash on players regardless. Well it aint gonna happen, we have a budget and we live within it.

Gus has ensured that we wont go down this season. Next season we will not have to spend on those type of players. We will still have a transfer budget to live within, but it will probably be a bigger one and can spend it on flair players.

Yes, our opening season at Falmer will probably be in L1. But crowds will be good and we can make a real go of promotion next year.

From relegation candidates past two seasons to promotion the next was always asking it. We are building a ground and a team. Like the ground it'll take more than a year.

I'll still enjoy this season, knowing that we are at last moving forward as a club.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I look it like this. We have a transfer budget. 70% of which has been spent on bringing in players that will ensure that we do not flirt with relegation (like the past two seasons). 30% left over for a few other additions, including a striker. What is obvious is this amount isn't enough to bring in a striker.

As fans we are impatient, we see Tonys millions spent on the ground and believe that he will splash the cash on players regardless. Well it aint gonna happen, we have a budget and we live within it.

Gus has ensured that we wont go down this season. Next season we will not have to spend on those type of players. We will still have a transfer budget to live within, but it will probably be a bigger one and can spend it on flair players.

Yes, our opening season at Falmer will probably be in L1. But crowds will be good and we can make a real go of promotion next year.

From relegation candidates past two seasons to promotion the next was always asking it. We are building a ground and a team. Like the ground it'll take more than a year.

I'll still enjoy this season, knowing that we are at last moving forward as a club.

Think like this and you'll probably enjoy the season. Expect playoffs at the least and you're likely to have a frustrating one. Just playing good football is an excellent start imo and if it turns into a play off push, great. If not just enjoy the Albion passing the ball rather than hoofing it. Promotion is a bonus not a right.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
This is the best football we have played in seasons and we have two decent players coming back from suspension over the next couple of games.

If the right player is not available or the agents are messing about then I would we prefer to stick with what we have until we can get the key men.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Transfer deadline is 5pm next Tuesday

That's when I'll start moaning, booing the manager and chairman, unless we sign someone from League Two who is rubbish but someone on here reckons "could do a job"

I'll only boo if we sign "one for the future". Without exception they have been rubbish and I have no faith that we can actually spot a good one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here