Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NOW agree with me KNIGHT OUT NOW

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Lord Bracknell said:
The price of Knight leaving is Foster replacing Coppell.

No thank you.

I have no problem with that. I have always thought that Fozzie is a great leader and would be a good Manager one day. Perhapse we could make Coppell "Director of Football", and get rid of Tinselhead!:lolol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Mullers, when the promised land arrives i want to personally see you eat your hat. I'll be laying a fulsome turd right around the rim of it.

:)

Good night.

Wrong, Mullers.

DK is NOT holding the Club to ransom. The potential buyer has no clue how to achieve a new stadium. He just wants a new toy.

If Falmer happens, it will be because DK has been at the helm through some very difficult negotiations with the Council - who trust him. The Council will not trust a newcomer to deliver on the commitments that the Club has already made. And without the Council on board, Falmer won't happen.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Lord Bracknell said:
Wrong, Mullers.

DK is NOT holding the Club to ransom. The potential buyer has no clue how to achieve a new stadium. He just wants a new toy.

If Falmer happens, it will be because DK has been at the helm through some very difficult negotiations with the Council - who trust him. The Council will not trust a newcomer to deliver on the commitments that the Club has already made. And without the Council on board, Falmer won't happen.

If someone else takes over the queers at the council will have to go along with it! The fans are their voters!

If the new person has any money, he can buy professionals to achieve a new stadium. They may have thought to get Brighton Uni on board, if they wanted to build on their land. :lolol:

Mullers said:
If someone else takes over the queers at the council will have to go along with it! The fans are their voters!

If the new person has any money, he can buy professionals to achieve a new stadium. They may have thought to get Brighton Uni on board, if they wanted to build on their land. :lolol:

Wrong, again.

The decision is for the Secretary of State to make. He will only back a new stadium if the Council support the project wholeheatedly (including the Business Plan) - which they do.

A new owner with a different Business Plan will jeopardise everything that has been achieved so far.

And the opponents would have a very strong case for getting the Courts to overthrow any decision to allow the stadium to be built - on the grounds that the new Business Plan hadn't been subject to the scrutiny of a Public Inquiry.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Has anyone ever thought about how well-mannered, knowledgeable and eloquent Lord Bracknell sounds, while Mullers sounds like an injured duck, quacking vitriolic bile at anyone who wanders into view?

I think it really is now time to keep up my medically-encouraged wank-a-day routine.
Guten nacht.

Meade's_Ball said:
Has anyone ever thought about how well-mannered, knowledgeable and eloquent Lord Bracknell sounds, while Mullers sounds like an injured duck, quacking vitriolic bile at anyone who wanders into view?

I think it really is now time to keep up my medically-encouraged wank-a-day routine.
Guten nacht.

Yer a 'kin gent, yerself, y'ol wanker

:)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Originally posted by El Presidente We had two directors worth £700 million between them in Archer and Stanley, and they did not throw money at the club (apart from the signing of Jason Peake (now Guy Butters dietician)) [/B]

Jason Peake? Hahahahaha. One of my first, and favourite away trip memories was Rochdale (who had just sold Peake) away midweek in 1996-7, when we gathered outside the ground with Dale fans afterwards. They were singing "Archer's bumming Peakey"; and "Archer is a nipple".

Good work Lancastrian fellas.

Seaside Air

Jul 19, 2003
How can anybody expect a player ofthe calibre of Bobby Z to play in a shit hole called Withdean?

The fault lies in DK and Martin Perry who cannot get a stadium sorted out.

Seaside Air

Jul 19, 2003
What has Martin Perry achieved. He has got another Director to pay for the Public Inquiry into a no hope Falmer because Brighton University had no intention of agreeing.

Lord Bracknell can't see the wood for the trees.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Lord Bracknell[/i] [b]DK is NOT holding the Club to ransom. The potential buyer has no clue how to achieve a new stadium. He just wants a new toy. If Falmer happens said:
Wrong, again.

The decision is for the Secretary of State to make. He will only back a new stadium if the Council support the project wholeheatedly (including the Business Plan) - which they do.

A new owner with a different Business Plan will jeopardise everything that has been achieved so far.

And the opponents would have a very strong case for getting the Courts to overthrow any decision to allow the stadium to be built - on the grounds that the new Business Plan hadn't been subject to the scrutiny of a Public Inquiry.

The two most well-informed posts on this thread. Long live Lord Bracknell.

We cannot appoint a new chairman, withdraw from the Falmer campaign, and present a new one. We'd be a laughing stock, and would never succeed. And that's without considering the investigation that showed Falmer is the most (if not only) viable option anyway. Also, no new chairman would work as hard as Knight & Perry are anyway.

I simply cannot understand where you're coming from Mullers. No Knight, Foster as manager, and stay indefinately at Withdean? This is what you want for the Albion? To be honest, I don't think Brighton Rock would wish that upon us. I don't mean any offence, but I am finding very hard to believe you are a genuine Brighton and Hove Albion supporter.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Seaside Air said:
What has Martin Perry achieved. He has got another Director to pay for the Public Inquiry into a no hope Falmer because Brighton University had no intention of agreeing.

Lord Bracknell can't see the wood for the trees.

Wasn't Martin Perry previously involved with the successful completion of that rather fine stadium in Huddersfield? Is that not an achievement?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Dick Knight out? Even Mike Bamber joined the Board first.

If Falmer goes up the swanny (over 50% chance) there is the option for a property developer to build a stadium, lease it to the Albion with the option to purchase. Seems like a better option to me.

It takes four things:

1) Property owner of the land to agree
2) Albion to agree
3) Financial viability
4) Planning permission

The sooner the Falmer decision is decided the better.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
When Everton bidded

We were chasing a Second division Chapionship, we won it, 'nuff said ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The new stadium is the issue.

Is anybody going to ask Dick Knight

If he has a contingency plan?

Is anybody going to get the real situation out of Brighton University?

I do not think Dick Knight can speak for them. Would Brighton University prefer if the stadium went elsewhere? I know they said at the Public Inquiry they supported the stadium, but their behaviour seems to indicate the opposite.

Without their agreement, Falmer seems doomed to me ?!

JSD Albion said:
So let me get this straight. Someone takes over a club on the verge of the Conference, about to be evicted from home and forced to play 75 miles away, and just over 5 years later sees that same club playing in the 1st Division. I just thought it might be worth reminding you of that, or have you only just arrived on the planet?

JSD Albion you eejit, you forgot to mention we got there with back to back Championships :rolleyes:

Some people have such short memories they must have Goldfish as relatives :censored:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
I've got 2 agree with the majority of posters on here... Knight must stay until the stadium is completed as I'm sure he was the broker for most of the financial deals to build the stadium, has a "good" relationship with the council and when he needs to is very capable of handling the media...

KNIGHT TO STAY

B H A FOREVER

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here